Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name these shifters! (spare part needed)

• 08-07-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey folks.

A friend of mine just gave me these brake levers/shifters - I know they're shimano but other than that no clue. The right hand one is slightly broken, it needs some plastic part to go over the top as pictured - can anyone help me identify them so that I can get the spare part, or suggest where to GET the spare part? (Rothar doesn't have any..)

---Right hand shifter with the plastic bit on the top missing
    4774939016_59a5cb1a8e.jpg

--- How it's supposed to look..
    4774938434_d359e3f3f1.jpg

If you want to see more pictures, here's a link to my flickr stream, they're the first lot :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpiersrobinson/

Thanks guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

look like sora

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

yep

defo Sora

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

If they're for an 8 speed set up maybe l can help you. I have a pair of ST2200 shifters. They are more or less the exact same as Sora. Also have a 12-26 8 speed cassette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

They're for a six speed setup I think. The right hand side one (with the bit missing) clicks 6 times, anyway -

Really all I want right now is that part that's missing - i've got a bike with flat bars that I want to convert to drops

However, I'm also trying to get myself a decent racer together - I'm just getting really into road cycling proper and I'm doing some sportives later in the year - I've nowhere near enough cash to buy a fancy new one so I'm just picking up bits that I'll be able to build into a nice road bike when I've got everything together - So far i've a nice set of campagnolo tubs, a sachs 8 speed cassette, some nice drop bars.. still a long way to go but in short i'm getting there!

If your 8 speed set are up for grabs, how much do you think you'd let them go for? Prolly beyond my budget but it doesn't hurt to ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

SubLuminal wrote: »
    They're for a six speed setup I think. The right hand side one (with the bit missing) clicks 6 times, anyway -

6 clicks = 7 gears, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

It's not Sora, it's part of Shimano's non series components. Sora shifters would have Sora written on it. It's most likely the 2000/2100 series. Works in the same way as sora, just a bit heavier and generally either 7/8 speed, Sora is now 9 speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Do shimano even sell spares for shifters? Or do you have to buy a whole new shifter?

Like this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45708

Advertisement