Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th European Transplant & Dialysis Games

Options
  • 08-07-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

The Irish Kidney Association is hosting the 6th European Transplant & Dialysis Games FROM August 8th- 15th 2010.

It is the first time for these games to come to Ireland. 400+ people from 24 counties will join us in the week long celebration of life through sport.

All of the participants will either be transplant recipients or be receiving regular dialysis treatment.

DCU will house all the guests. The accommodation is set up in apartments and the teams will be staying together.

We are looking to provide WELCOME PACKS for each of the apartments; these would include tea/Coffee/sugar etc.

Please feel free to drop a donation of any of the above into the basket located at Friends of Autism and ADHD

1 Clonard Street Balbriggan or

19 Thomas Hand Street, Skerries. ( OPENING MONDAY)

Cash donations can be sent to

Transplant Team Ireland

C/O Irish Kidney Association

Donor House, Block 43A Park West,

Dublin 12

Telephone 01-6205306

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Where are the games taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Where are the games taking place?

The majority of the events are taking place in DCU and Santry Stadium.

http://2010newlife.com/category/schedule/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There will be a few from North Dublin taking part. If I can get details I will post them. Had a journalist on to me from Irish Indo looking to contact some athletes who will be taking part will see if he can post here or give me some more specific details.

It would be a good family day out to support the athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

:Dhi Leo B, I know we have people from skerries, and from Balbriggan.I have contacted the AO for the welcome packs .If you pm me the journalists contact details.Ill forward that on to the AO.:D
    Sure its all good.
    cathy

Have emailed the Journalist to see what he is doing and if its ok with him I will forward you his details.

Hopefully the weather will be good and there is a good turnout from Fingal

• Advertisement

Went to Santry today to see some of the action on the last day of the European Transplant games. Ireland done really well. Disappointing crowd

1) Sonia Tracey, from Kildare with an admiring fan

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4891776492_b895c0da4b.jpg[/EMAIL]">

2) John Paul O'Neill, Kilkenny. A really friendly chap and supberb competitior

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4891161239_5809a433ec.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Advertisement