Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year old playing soccer?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just wondering does anyone know of any northside soccer clubs that cater for 4 year olds? I know they cannot play proper teams at that age, but there might be a kickaround every week or so for the littleuns.

Thanks in advance........................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Have seen signs for this place.

http://www.littlekickers.ie/

Never used them tho

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Our local GAA club took our youngfella on at 4. I'd be surprised if your local FAI club wouldn't be the same. (or would I?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Most Football clubs have academies for 5 & 6 year olds as leagues only kick in when they are 7, if your 4 year old is able for it, I'm sure if you check with your local club they'll allow him mix in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks all for the replies. I'll go down to my local club and inquire.
    Thanks again;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

My nephew (3 and a half) is in Little Kickers, absolutely loves it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

Yep my son went to Little Kickers also when he was 4, none of the Acadamies would take him on until he was at least 5. Some wont even until they turn 6. He enjoyed it, but be careful how long you sign up for if your child is nearing 5, once they turn 5 they arent allowed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Hi Op

My little fella, 5 in August, was with the Home Farm academy every saturday from 1pm til 2.30pm.
    It finished for the summer but is starting again at the end of august.
    it is really well run and costs €6 a week.

They train them and teach them the basics and then they paly a match for about 30mins.
    They start leagues at the age of 7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    Hi Op

My little fella, 5 in August, was with the Home Farm academy every saturday from 1pm til 2.30pm.
    It finished for the summer but is starting again at the end of august.
    it is really well run and costs €6 a week.

They train them and teach them the basics and then they paly a match for about 30mins.
    They start leagues at the age of 7...

Thanks jumbo. I brought him down to tolka rovers academy. 200 for the year. He's still not four yet, but they still took him. He had a ball (literally) last week. So funny watching them all run after the ball like a swarm of bees.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

There's a group in porterstown who take on 4 year olds for soccer I *think*. My brother is one of the coaches, they just teach skills, play games, practice kicking and dribbling and the likes, which is all interspersed with games like obstacle courses, races and joke telling stuff :) If you want any more info pm me and I can ask my brother :)

Edit to add: Just asked my brother there, he said it depends on the child, if they're an old 4 years (as in, about to turn 5) they mights get away with it but if they've just turned 4, or are a young 4 then maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Thanks jumbo. I brought him down to tolka rovers academy. 200 for the year. He's still not four yet, but they still took him. He had a ball (literally) last week. So funny watching them all run after the ball like a swarm of bees.:D

It's the best match you will ever see, a load of 4 year olds chasing a ball around.
    But wait til you see the over zealous parents.
    I saw one who gave her 4 year old such a bollicking for missing an open goal. Boy did he get a mouthful, if he isn't earning 100k a week and playing for Barcelona by the age of 12 , she'll disown him :)

I look forward to the Home Farm V Tolka Rovers Under 7 game in a few years :)
    Bitter local rivalry..lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement