Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard engraving question

Options
  • 08-07-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to have a foreign language alphabet engraved onto my keyboard. I know its easier to use keyboard stickers, but they peal off and get messy after only a few weeks. I use my computer a lot, so they never last long.

I can find places in America that would do it, but thats not an option. So does anyone know anywhere in or near Dublin that would be able to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭draken

Hmmm, I realise now that this might not be the right place for this post.

I figured it would be an upgrade as I need a new keyboard and I would modify a new keyboard when I find somewhere in Ireland that can do it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

draken wrote: »
    Hmmm, I realise now that this might not be the right place for this post.

I figured it would be an upgrade as I need a new keyboard and I would modify a new keyboard when I find somewhere in Ireland that can do it. :P

Keyboards can be had for around €10! Buy one online from the country for which language you want!
    http://www.pixmania.com/fr/fr/r/clavier-francais
    http://www.computer-cash-carry.de/ccc/index.php?menu=1&expand=290&catname=Tastaturen
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67585

Thanks for the reply.

I use my keyboard alot so I need a decent keyboard. I have done plenty of searching, but, the only decent keyboards that I can find with the language I want, wont ship here. (Actually, the perfect keyboard is no longer being made :P Its the Firefly Borealis, but they seem to be completely gone out of business).

So the problem is, if I want a good keyboard, I need to get it modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

What keyboard are you using now? Make & model?

You seem to want to drive home the point that you use your keyboard a lot, but there are very very few keyboards that are made for light use. I've seen 10 year old cheap dell keyboards still fully operational despite being used for upwards of 18 hours a day. Most keyboards have very high keystroke limits (in the millions of presses before failure).

Getting a keyboard engraved is a needless expense unless you have a one of a kind keyboard at your disposal if you ask me.

What keyboard are you using now? Make & model?

You seem to want to drive home the point that you use your keyboard a lot, but there are very very few keyboards that are made for light use. I've seen 10 year old cheap dell keyboards still fully operational despite being used for upwards of 18 hours a day. Most keyboards have very high keystroke limits (in the millions of presses before failure).

Getting a keyboard engraved is a needless expense unless you have a one of a kind keyboard at your disposal if you ask me.

Hey,

I cant find the exact model I have but here is mine more or less:
    http://www.saitek.com/usa/prod/k140.htm

Its the ideal keyboard for me. If I need a different keyboard, I would want one like it. I really wouldn't be happy downgrading...

Realistically here is the keyboard I'd like to get if I have to. Its again almost similar:
    http://ksp.co.il/hmain.php?uin=10193

Problem is, I cant get it shipped here. The stores that sell it simple wont ship. And there is nothing even remotely like that available on site that would ship here. Not with the right languages.

Okay perhaps I am a bit of a Keyboard snob :D. I know it would be easier if I didn't care what type I am using. But I guess there isnt anywhere in Ireland that would do this?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bliger

So did you do the Keyboard engraving

Well, I didnt. I couldnt find anywhere in Ireland. Its not so common to need it done there.

I went to Israel to get a keyboard (not the only reason to go there of course ;) ).

Although engraving is very cheap here. Only ₪90 per language. Which works out at about 20 euro... ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

you could always get an optimus maximus. each key is a programmable screen. unfortunately they cost over a grand though haha :D

Oh yes, these are beautiful keyboards. It would cost more for just one keyboard than to build a good gamin machine but wow <3

Advertisement