Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Togs

• 08-07-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Evening,

Someone may have asked this already so apologies if so.

What tod Grobag should i be using on 4 month old at the moment. So humid at night. Have a vest & babygro on her. Lady in shop reckoned on 2.5 tog.

What are ye using??

Thanks a mil..

xx

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

At the moment it is very warm so I would suggest tog 1 with a vest and baby gro.
    We would use 2.5 in the winter.
    My lo is 18 months and is sleeping in pjs,no vest and 1 blanket and she is lovely and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Hi Moonbeam,

Thank you for your reply.

Yea, though the 2.5 seemed very warm. Just worry she's either too hot or too cold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Both my little ones have kicked their blankets off with a baby gro and vest on in this weather... so I reckon 1 tog or 0.5 tog if you can find it.

My youngest is 4 months also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have my little boy in a pair of jammies, no vest and tog 1 and he still is quite warm :) He's 16 months though

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

My 8 month old is in a 1 tog, jammies, vest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I just have my 9 month old in a sleeveless vest and pjs in this weather. He was in a 1 tog grobag but he was too warm. It's still very humid I cant even sleep with covers on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I did the same, had to lose the grobag a month or so back, was way too warm for it. Dont know how I'll ever get him back into it either, now he's discovered he can roll around so much without it.

Seen .5 tog grobags in tk Maxx recently, quiet cheap at 12.99-16.99, they all seemed to be in a large size in the portlaoise store, but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

gogo wrote: »
    I did the same, had to lose the grobag a month or so back, was way too warm for it. Dont know how I'll ever get him back into it either, now he's discovered he can roll around so much without it.

Seen .5 tog grobags in tk Maxx recently, quiet cheap at 12.99-16.99, they all seemed to be in a large size in the portlaoise store, but worth a look.

Gogo thats what I'm afraid of too he can crawl all over the cot now without the grobag annoying him!! Where they the original grobags in TK Maxx? I got mine on ebay about 20 quid the proper grobags I found the cheaper ones just didnt wash well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

The half tog grobags are actually made by 'slumber sacs', have one of them a and its good quality. TK maxx also have the proper Grobags, altho they are always only 1 tog, cheap at 16.99 tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Am hoping one of you ladies can help.

My wee buck is quite happy in a vest, babygro and one layer of a cellular blanket over him and the thermometer is giving 19-20 degrees in the bedroom. I can't figure out what tog one layer is. Anyone know?

I want to get him a grobag because they're so handy and cute, but am I right in thinking that a 2.5 will be too heavy/hot for him? Nowhere on the net can I find a tog rating for ordinary cellular blankets:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

baby sleeping bags same as duvets warmth is measured in togs.

Advertisement