Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reasonable price to pay for the installation of a combi boilers

Options
  • 08-07-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I would appreciate any advice on this. I have a few odd plumbing jobs to get done in my house and so used tradesman.ie the other day to source a plumber. The main problem in my house is the lack of water pressure and as a one-off-fix-all job one of the plumbers suggested installing a combi boiler. He qouted me a price of €2000 for the boiler and its installation which would (presumably) include getting rid of my hot water tank and tanks up in the attic. I hadn't planned on spending this kind of money at all and I'm wondering does it sound like a competitive price?
    Thanks for any help, DE
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Dell Girl wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would appreciate any advice on this. I have a few odd plumbing jobs to get done in my house and so used tradesman.ie the other day to source a plumber. The main problem in my house is the lack of water pressure and as a one-off-fix-all job one of the plumbers suggested installing a combi boiler. He qouted me a price of €2000 for the boiler and its installation which would (presumably) include getting rid of my hot water tank and tanks up in the attic. I hadn't planned on spending this kind of money at all and I'm wondering does it sound like a competitive price?
    Thanks for any help, DE

Might be better to post over on Rec / Home & gardens / Heating & Plumbing, I'm sure someone there can give good advice.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Welease - please don't tell a poster where to post. By doing that, we end up sometimes with duplicate threads.

Instead, use the report Post functionality so that a moderator can moved the thread to the correct forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Dell Girl wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for any help, DE

Its a good price for a combi alright but why get one? If the water pressure is reduced you will have no hot water, also you have to have good pressure to start with. You will still need a tank in the attic to feed your toilets and wash hand basins. If a part goes in it you will have no hot water either. If you have pressure issues why not install a pump on the system to pressurize it. IT would be a lot cheaper. Also try onlinetradesmen.ie it's a better site.

Advertisement