Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked PSP

Options
  • 08-07-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been using my PSP (Phat 1000) for years now. Always been on CFW, never a problem.

So I hadn't played my PSP for months and just upgraded it today from 5.50 Gen D2 to D3. No problems. Then I get it into my head to change the theme, big mistake! Decided to install one of those XMB themes called waves burn V2. Anyway I semi bricked as I could still go into the recovery menu. I fully bricked it then by trying to reflash it with the 5.50 fw again..:o

Anyway, can I unbrick it using Pandora battery? Will something like this do?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22349

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks a nice little product. Seems to have gotten good reviews there too. Im not really up to speed on PSP's these days so one of the lads will say for sure, but I think that will do the job for you alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

EnterNow wrote: »
    Looks a nice little product. Seems to have gotten good reviews there too. Im not really up to speed on PSP's these days so one of the lads will say for sure, but I think that will do the job for you alright :)

thanks EnterNow, just making sure really. Haven't touched it in about a year and first thing I do is brick it!:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If you're based in Dublin, PM me, I could unbrick it for you ;)

Pov06 wrote: »
    If you're based in Dublin, PM me, I could unbrick it for you ;)

Thanks for the offer Pov06 but I'm based in Kerry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

AntiRip wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been using my PSP (Phat 1000) for years now. Always been on CFW, never a problem.

So I hadn't played my PSP for months and just upgraded it today from 5.50 Gen D2 to D3. No problems. Then I get it into my head to change the theme, big mistake! Decided to install one of those XMB themes called waves burn V2. Anyway I semi bricked as I could still go into the recovery menu. I fully bricked it then by trying to reflash it with the 5.50 fw again..:o

Anyway, can I unbrick it using Pandora battery? Will something like this do?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22349

Yes the pandora battery can unbrick it, I bought mine from that site too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Free shipping but don't be in a hurry, it takes weeks to receive them by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

How long it might takes, cuz i would brick mine psp.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Free shipping but don't be in a hurry, it takes weeks to receive them by post.

Believe it or not but I'm still waiting.................

AntiRip wrote: »
    Believe it or not but I'm still waiting.................
    So the best is to get in on Ebay???
    Actually i can't find it on Ebay.
    Can You help me to find it, cuz can't get Pandora battery with magic memory card.

asgaard wrote: »
    So the best is to get in on Ebay???
    Actually i can't find it on Ebay.
    Can You help me to find it, cuz can't get Pandora battery with magic memory card.

They are banned on ebay. You can buy one on Amazon

Deal Extreme are excellent too, this is my first order (I've ordered a lot off them) that it has taken this long. You'd usually have your items in two weeks.

• Advertisement

I can't buy it on Amazon (try it, but when is choose Ireland as a shipping place i couldn't buy it) also on Deal Extreme they sell it only pandora batterys without magic cards. So another options???

There is one seller that sells the battery only HERE (usually takes 3-5 weeks). You can make up your own magic card (PM). 3 to 5 weeks is just as long as DX. Not aware of anyone else selling them though sorry.

First result on a google search for me was this. Dispatched allegedly within 24Hrs from the UK. I can't vouch for the site, I've no experience with them - but the batteries seem to be readily available.

These also sell them, from the Vendors sticky. Bit pricey but in stock nonetheless - link

Thanks for help, but last q.: can i make magic memory card in anykind (f.e. noname :) ) memory card stick duo or it must be under licence by Sony or Sandisk???
    My memory card name is MAX memory (1GB)

Thanks for help, but last q.: can i make magic memory card in anykind (f.e. noname :) ) memory card stick duo or it must be under licence by Sony or Sandisk???

There is software available that lets you create them, obviously I can't link but the info is out there.

EnterNow wrote: »
    There is software available that lets you create them, obviously I can't link but the info is out there.
    I heard that if i use noname memory duo stick card it will bricked my psp. Is it true???

I heard that if i use noname memory duo stick card it will bricked my psp. Is it true???

None of the guides I've looked at mention that it must be a branded duo card. I'd say it's more likely that any errors in the procedure are down to cheap/poor quality memory sticks, and that's where the rumour originated.

Advertisement