Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Downloadable Maps for Garmin Nuvi 300

Options
  • 08-07-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone advise where I could get a free download of UK/Ireland maps for the above?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Legally.? I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

You can get OpenStreetMap-based maps for Ireland and the UK from http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm with the usual caveats about coverage (better in some areas than others). You can check at http://www.openstreetmap.org/ what the coverage is currently like in the areas you're interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thanks

However, I think I must have my Sat Nav set to automatically update(?), as I checked it last night and it seems to have the 2010 Edition of the UK & Ireland map that I was looking for??

Correct me if I'm talking bulls**t!!?? :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this a new devicr or have you purchased Garmin lifetime updates?

koolkid wrote: »
    Is this a new devicr or have you purchased Garmin lifetime updates?

I've had it for a few years. And I don't think I have purchased lifetime updates? I turned it on this morning and went in to the "Map Info" screen and it gave the name of the map and said it was the 2010 version?

EDIT: I think the model I have is discontinued!? Typical!

• Advertisement

Me again!

Just checked the map info for my Garmin and it reads as follows:

CN Europe NT 2010.10
    [1] UK & Ireland

City Navigator Europe NT+ v8
    [1] UK & Ireland.

Both of these options have check marks beside them.

Are these up-to-date maps for my Garmin?

:confused:

Advertisement