Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They are watching you

• 08-07-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Boys and Girls of the leaving cert:

I was in an interesting meeting today with a company that does a lot of things, one of which is monitor the internet for marketing purposes.

Anyway, it turns out that the education department pays hires this particular company to monitor chatter over the internet, especially on boards.ie. The objective is to find and pick up on cheating.

Just thought you might like to know.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

You don't say.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

So you had an interview with the Herald.
    Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Thought they announced that on national radio when they were talking about that cheating story....no? They said they monitor internet chat forums etc, to see what people are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Does this mean no mock spoiler thread next year? :pac: Hate that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 TaraLo

This forum was quoted in a few broadsheets last year as well so you know that more people than you might think are reading what you post here. This is by no means the safest place to talk.. I'm pretty sure people have gotten caught out by teachers reading things posted on here before too..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Boys and Girls of the leaving cert:

I was in an interesting meeting today with a company that does a lot of things, one of which is monitor the internet for marketing purposes.

Anyway, it turns out that the education department pays hires this particular company to monitor chatter over the internet, especially on boards.ie. The objective is to find and pick up on cheating.

Just thought you might like to know.

D.

No way. You have got to be serious. I can't believe that. I think I will stop posting on boards then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Apt:

i_know_youre_listening.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well, if Big Brother is indeed watching us, I think it's best for all of us to close this thread. Don't want any of this getting out in the real world, after all. >.>

EDIT: Snap, randy! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement