Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Motherboard Looking 4 Info

• 08-07-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I'm trying to find out any info about this server motherboard I came accross. I know its a Foxconn and on it it says P/N DA0T91MB8D3 Rev: D. I cant find any manual when I search the Foxconn site or anywhere else.
    It has two 8pin EPS 12v slots which are for two 1207(F) sockets. It has no 20 or 24 pin ATX slot for main power. Does it just use the two 8pin slots for power.
    It has 6 SATA connecters and the power for these seems to come from the board.
    All I could find in a search was this http://esp.ebay.com/viewItem?item=360228361766&v=gbh

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Can you post a picture of all the labels/markings on it. The reason I ask is a lot of manufacturers (eg: IBM) have part numbers included in serial numbers etc. eg: 11S43W1132YKXXXXXXXXXXX. Where the 3rd to the 9th characters are the alternate part number.

There may be something similar for this manufacturer.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Thanx for the reply funk-you
    I've added an attachment. Not a whole lot on the board.

I can see the CPU's get thier power from the Dual 8pin EPS 12 volt connectors
    but how does the rest of the board get its power. Like SATA & USB for example. No 20 or 24pin ATX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

At a guess - From JP7 and JP9

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

Your EPS is the only thing I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I was going to say download Speccy and see what it tells you of the baord details, but duh. Its not connected to anything :) *slaps forehead*

Are you saying the two EPS are going to power two opteron cpu's, 8 banks of memory, 6 SATA drives, Ethernet and USB.

Do you think I can use a PSU with a P8 and a P4 connectors (attached).
    That is, can I use an EPS adapter to add another P8 connector.

• Advertisement

Just got this back from Foxconn Support:

"You have reached Foxconn brand Channel Motherboard Service Business.
    Would you please tell us you motherboard marketing name to us? So that we can provides its related information to you.
    Thank you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭swampgas

Somebody in the US is selling the same mobo:
    http://esp.ebay.com/viewItem?item=360228361766&v=gbh

You could always try asking them if they can give you some extra info on its origin.

No, when I click on ask a question it says "Cant locate item"

Advertisement