Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abbey Beauty Celbridge

• 08-07-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi Girls,

Quick question, has anyone any idea what the Abbey Beauty
    beauticians is like in Celbridge?

I am booked in for a Brazilian and leg wax but was wondering if they
    are good. I'm very fussy with waxing as I want it done properly so I need somewhere that is top class.

If anyone knows or has any ideas of other places that are good please let me know.

Thanks!
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Helen Gray's in Maynooth supposed to be good.

http://www.helengraysalon.com/index.html

You'll get the price list and list of everything they do on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Curlz24 wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

Quick question, has anyone any idea what the Abbey Beauty
    beauticians is like in Celbridge?

I am booked in for a Brazilian and leg wax but was wondering if they
    are good. I'm very fussy with waxing as I want it done properly so I need somewhere that is top class.

If anyone knows or has any ideas of other places that are good please let me know.

Thanks!
    :D

I have been recently only for a french polish however not any kind of waxing but I thought it was a nice place, staff wer nice and it seemed very clean! If you go through with your appointment do post what you thought of it, I would be curious to see what you think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    I have been recently only for a french polish however not any kind of waxing but I thought it was a nice place, staff wer nice and it seemed very clean! If you go through with your appointment do post what you thought of it, I would be curious to see what you think :)

Well I went for my wax and to be honest I was not pleased with the results.

The salon is not the cleanest and is in desperate need of refurbishment. I was brought into the "waxing room" and had barely enough room to change and there was nowhere to put my things so they ended up on the floor.

The beautician was very friendly but spent most of her time having a great chat with me rather then concentrating on what she was meant to be doing.
    She did a semi decent wax on my legs but missed a couple of patches which I only noticed when I was home and looking in better light.

The Bikini wax was dreadful. She missed alot of the hair I wanted off and she also left a huge bruise on the inside of my right leg where she had pulled the hair in the wrong direction. The Beautican herslef told me she had been waxing for years but the results I recieved would not reflect this.

Honestly I would never go back to this salon again. If I wanted a half decent job I could have bought my-self a home waxing kit and at least I would be doing it somewhere clean. Even though the beautician herself was lovely she was incapable of giving me any value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 siobhan 7319

God I just went there and I had a fantastic 2 hours of treatments.
    I usually go to so belle but I was fed up of there attitude and there treatments were going way down hill to.. My Aunt showed me an article in the star about Abbey Beauty and it was mentioned on Tv 3.
    I have to say I had a facial+manicure and a pedicure it was fantastic .It has by fare the most experienced staff members They were all so bubbly and really looked after me....... Oh and when I was there Miss Ireland was there getting her nails done.. oh and Pippa O'Connor was mentioned too.. say no more..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭nodirectionhome

Hi,

I went there yesterday for package, nails, massage and pedi, so helpful and very professional- only thing they were very busy so slightly rushed but I take that as a good sign that they were so in demand- extremely friendly and I will def be going back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yogamom

I've been there before, and stopped going to it because it was so dirty. La Prima Rosa on the Hazelhatch road is a lot cleaner, a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for!my daughter went there to get a tan done for her 18th, and it was a disgrace!Really streaky before she washed it off, and green in places when she did!when i rang up (on the day of her 18th) they wanted her to come down, as she was getting her make up and hair done (thank god somewhere else) she didn't have time. They wont reimburse her, but lesson learnt. Never, ever again!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BettyBoo2011

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Yogamom and Curlz, would not recommend this salon at all. I went there for leg waxing and pedicure/manicure only two weeks ago and was very disappointed with all 3 treatments.

I'm not a fussy customer normally but completely agree that you get what you pay for and this place leaves a lot to be desired.

The pedicure was a waste of money entirely, they did not seem to have quality products for example the foot file might aswell have been non existent. I asked for a french polish and could have done a better job myself blindfolded and it was all chipped within 2 days and I ended up having to get the polish remover out. Normally after a pedicure your feet look visibly better and smoother but I did not get that here at all.

The manicure was better but still not at the standard you'd expect in any regular salon, ie my nails were a bit uneven/ridgy after they filed them and again the polish chipped in a few days. Most of the time my polish would last around two weeks.

Leg wax was patchy as reported above and the girl seemed pretty inexperienced plus it took about 3 times longer than a normal wax. I thought I would never get out of there.

The staff were ok, friendly enough but really did not see very professional or experienced and I heard them gossiping about some of their customers and their treatmets when different customer's were sitting on the waiting couches which again I thought was very unprofessional. I did not find the prices much lower really overall, most places are offering good specials and deals nowadays.

Totally agree with the comments above re it needing a refurbishment, even if the treatments were brill it doesnt appeal to go back again as its cramped and dirty and not a very clean/spa/treatment type feeling to the place.

A friend of mine went in there for a sunbed recently too and even though they are pretty cheap she said they are a total disgrace and she didnt go back after her first time there either. Total cattle mart set up with no interest in safety standards etc. She didnt have to sign anything at all, just gave her name and paid or go through any kind of questionnaire to sign up. She said it was like being in a sauna in there because they are on all day every day non stop and no fans or ventilation in the room to the point that she was sweating and had to get out of it before her time was up. As someone who has a family member suffering with skin cancer, I was totally appalled to hear stuff like that actually goes on these days and on that principle alone would recommend people avoided the place.

I've been to Helen's in Maynooth and found everything there head and shoulders above Abbey Beauty. I've been to Carton House a few times too and even though its expensive, the girls are super experienced and professional and all the treatments and facilities are amazing. Plus, they are doing a lot more specials now and offering a discount (stamp collecting) card thing for their treatments which is great.

Happy pampering ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Princess02

I agree with curlz and yogamom and bettyboo as well, I've been there as well to me she is not a professional, she just have some knowledge of manicure and waxing. it could be that they are very busy whenever you went there, just to give you a feeling that they are very good and loads of people are making booking, but the real thing is that they keep on rushing in whatever they are doing could be manicure waxing pedicure if we are paying to do something you must have certain patience with the customer, if it take 30mins to do a service she will try to do this in 15 mins so this means she serve 2 customers in this time and the job is not done like it should be done. There is no customer care , not professional at all always rushing and it's not really cheap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement