Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Route help!

• 08-07-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to cycle home for the weekend but am unsure of the best (legal!) route. I live off Drumcondra Road / Griffith Avenue and want to cycle to Dunshaughlin. Last time I did I just went straight out the N2, only to realise halfway that it had changed to the M2 (this was last year). Going the N3 isn't an option now as that's also motorway now. Would the old N2 be the best option? I'm not even sure how to get onto it, would anyone know if I need to turn off the 'new' N2? Or some way through the Park? Even brief directions would help! Thanks, Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

The walking option on Google Maps is always a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Best I can come up with without taking to minor roads etc. It might be possible to use some of the newly bypassed sections on the N2 or N3 but this route is handy enough.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3866365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Thanks folks, both ways look quite useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The N3 is only a motorway from the Clonee exit. It is not exactly a pleasant road to cycle on out of Dublin though I do it often enough. If I had time I would take minor roads. It is possible to just head out the N3, turn off at the Clonee exit where the motorway starts, cycle through and follow the signs for Trim- that will get you back onto the old N3 and straight from there to Dunshauglin (don't actually turn onto the Trim road- once back on the N3 just go straight.)

But again, either of the other two suggestions avoiding the N3 through Blanchardstown would be more pleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Might be a long way round but out thru swords on to rathoath.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Up NCR to Deaf and Dumb school (Maple Leaf S/C) Turn right onto Rathoath Road. Follow road to Rathoath and then to Dunshaughlin

Advertisement