Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video - Israeli soldiers appear to mock call to prayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

wes wrote: »
    You say the same thing in almost every one of these threads actually, so what your saying has lost all meaning at this point.

Most of these threads ARE frivilous and this one is the worst yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Where is the evidence that the soldiers in this video murdered anyone? As per usual you are going way off topic.

The IDF as a organization has murdered innocent civilians.

Most of these threads ARE frivilous and this one is the worst yet.

Just because you say they are does not make it so, and in general you are against any and all criticism of Israel, and say the exact same thing again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Really, even after they murdered a member of your family? Wow, well you see other people tend to get annoyed when people who steal there land, and murder there family members, and then insult them for good measure. It just doesn't go down well, and its just not on to do that sort of thing.

But its a dance for peace cant you not see that you need to study up on your dance routines

But its a dance for peace cant you not see that you need to study up on your dance routines

Great, then I look forward to the Israeli's organizing a Hamas dance for peace outside the wailing wall on the Sabbath. I am sure that will go down well.....

Just because you say they are does not make it so, and in general you are against any and all criticism of Israel, and say the exact same thing again and again.

Are you really saying that this video is significant?

Plus you are dead wrong and you know it. I am on the record as being against any IDF forces being in the West Bank and being against settlements there so you can go ahead and withdraw that assertion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Really, even after they murdered a member of your family? Wow, well you see other people tend to get annoyed when people who steal there land, and murder there family members, and then insult them for good measure. It just doesn't go down well, and its just not on to do that sort of thing.

*Insert crying baby smiley here*

What is it to you if the IDF do a jig? Stop with the fake moral outrage and grow up. You don't like Israel, this is a handy stick to beat them with. We get it.

No, I am saying it is stupid, and doubly so to put it up on the Internet. It shows a stupid disregard of the tinderbox situation, especially in a place like Hebron.

• Advertisement

Plus you are dead wrong and you know it. I am on the record as being against any IDF forces being in the West Bank and being against settlements there so you can go ahead and withdraw that assertion.

What are you talking about? I never said you were for settlements, just that you always complain about these threads, which you have done so in this thread, and several others.

dan719 wrote: »
    *Insert crying baby smiley here*

What is it to you if the IDF do a jig? Stop with the fake moral outrage and grow up. You don't like Israel, this is a handy stick to beat them with. We get it.

Oh please, the IDF do murder innocent civilians, and are protecting there own Religous nut jobs who have no business in Palestine, and there little dance in a place like Hebron is just dumb. My "moral outrage" as you put it, is no more fake then anyone else sentiment.

What are you talking about? I never said you were for settlements, just that you always complain about these threads, which you have done so in this thread, and several others.

You said
    Just because you say they are does not make it so, and in general you are against any and all criticism of Israel, and say the exact same thing again and again

You were wrong and you know it and you should withdraw that statement.

You said

You were wrong and you know it and you should withdraw that statement.

Fair enough, you aren't against all criticism against Israel, but the fact is, is that you do complain about threads on Israel on a regular basis.

Fair enough, you aren't against all criticism against Israel, but the fact is, is that you do complain about threads on Israel on a regular basis.

I complain about the stupid frivilous threads like this one. If you want to bang on about the west bank then report the Israel Apartheid thread, at least that had some substance.

I complain about the stupid frivilous threads like this one. If you want to bang on about the west bank then report the Israel Apartheid thread, at least that had some substance.

According to you there "frivilous", and no one is making you post in these threads, and yet you show up time and again in these "frivilous" threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DACSTER

Regarding the OP.

Any eejit with a bit of nous will be able to hear the tape recording of the muezzine being switched on....and then the tape being switched off...and then the tape of the dance track being played.

The only mocking was in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Again if the dance was funny i would laugh.

1. If they have no access to the internet then they wont see it.
    I really doubt that.
    And you think its ok then as they may not see it? Muslims live in other parts of the world too...

this is the stupidest ****ing most frivilous thread yet. It really does show that certain types will use ANYTHING to try and criticise Israel.

Which equates to "I don't agree with you so you are wrong"

I could just as easily turn around and say "It really does show that certain types will use ANYTHING to try and DEFEND Israel and try to stop people saying ANTHING bad about Israel. Would that make me worse than you?!?

Welcome to hypocrisy 101.

DACSTER wrote: »
    Regarding the OP.

Any eejit with a bit of nous will be able to hear the tape recording of the muezzine being switched on....and then the tape being switched off...and then the tape of the dance track being played.

The only mocking was in your head.

I'm sorry but my qualifications don't stretch as far as sound engineering and I don't have Bang & Olufsen speakers on my laptop.

Anyway you missed the whole point. It may be real or fake, but uploading it to the internet was surely only designed to mock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mrboswell wrote: »
    I really doubt that.
    And you think its ok then as they may not see it? Muslims live in other parts of the world too....

Hang on ill show it to a muslim person now .......

Yip he thought it was funny he also added that he was glad he lived in a free world where you can post videos of people dancing and not have to censor things because you are worried about the voilent backlash from some religeous nut jobs.

In fact i would encourage everyone to turn to making dance videos instead of goig to war with each other. Kind of a you've been served middle east edition.

Yip he thought it was funny he also added that he was glad he lived in a free world where you can post videos of people dancing and not have to censor things because you are worried about the voilent backlash from some religeous nut jobs.

In fact i would encourage everyone to turn to making dance videos instead of goig to war with each other. Kind of a you've been served middle east edition.

Again, it has nothing to do with being Muslim. Palestinians are being occupied by the IDF, and considering the rather ridiculous situation of a small group of fundamentalist Jewish settlers (who regularly attack Palestinians) denying them access to a large part of Hebron, then the whole thing takes on a different dimension.

The simple fact of the matter is that the IDF have no right to be Hebron in the first place, and Jewish settlers have no business there either. They can make all the videos they like in Israel, but they have no right to be Hebron at all. You see Religous nut jobs who do engage in violence are being protected by the IDF in Hebron, and as such the IDF are just as responsible for there actions, as there able to get away with there violence due to this protection.

Yea funny that he lives in a free world.

Not exactly a free world when IDF soldiers are living on your front lawn.

You have however hit the nail on the head - it all comes down to living in a free world where you can give an opinion without fear of persecution. Again a luxury that some of us have thankfully.

Pity is not as simple as you make it out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Can't believe this hasn't been asked yet but where did the music come from? Did the soldiers play it or was it edited in at a later time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

According to you there "frivilous", and no one is making you post in these threads, and yet you show up time and again in these "frivilous" threads.

So ,are you saying the lad has no business in these threads?

I would opine that he has every right to post here whenever he likes.

You appear yourself with monotonous regularity in all ME threads.:confused:

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Can't believe this hasn't been asked yet but where did the music come from? Did the soldiers play it or was it edited in at a later time?

Well I was talking to my girlfriend about this after we watched it and she reckons they played it from a phone for the dance and then edited in from a better source later. Might have been better suited to Israel's got talent.

A previous poster seems to think its a total fabrication, but who knows.

Well I was talking to my girlfriend about this after we watched it and she reckons they played it from a phone for the dance and then edited in from a better source later. Might have been better suited to Israel's got talent.

A previous poster seems to think its a total fabrication, but who knows.

Who cares??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hamas record their suicide bombers before they set out to massacre innocent men, women and children in Israel.

And they wonder why the Israelis don't like them.

Anyway you missed the whole point. It may be real or fake, but uploading it to the internet was surely only designed to mock.

NO IT IS NOT.

Such is your eagerness to slate the IDF you don't realise that almost every similar regiment in the world has done something similar - mostly to alleviate boredem and to have a bit of a giggle.

I know I did.

So ,are you saying the lad has no business in these threads?

I would opine that he has every right to post here whenever he likes.

You appear yourself with monotonous regularity in all ME threads.:confused:

No, I was pointing out the irony of someone complaining about such threads, and posting in them quite a bit. If someone doesn't like a thread topic no one is making them post in it, that is what I said.

Who cares??:D

Well you seemed to care enough to post. What was the point to that?

NO IT IS NOT.

Such is your eagerness to slate the IDF you don't realise that almost every similar regiment in the world has done something similar - mostly to alleviate boredem and to have a bit of a giggle.

I know I did.

Plenty of 'commandos ' on here eager to slate the IDF;)

Well said Einhard.

• Advertisement

Einhard wrote: »
    Hamas record their suicide bombers before they set out to massacre innocent men, women and children in Israel.

Well, you see before any suicide bombings, there was the occupation and constant land theft by Religous fundamentalist colonists. In fact that all happened even before Hamas existed.

Agreed.
    NO IT IS NOT.

I know I did.

That says a lot about you - Ireland's "finest" no doubt...

Well, you see before any suicide bombings, there was the occupation and constant land theft by Religous fundamentalist colonists. In fact that all happened even before Hamas existed.

Thats how the world was built though....USA and the indians.....Spain and Portugal and South America....etc, etc

Why should Israel be singled out differently.

Turkey is currently using it's Air Force to bomb the Kurds?

Why not public outrage at that?

Agreed.

That says a lot about you - Ireland's "finest" no doubt...

I'm British, actually. You need a sense of humour to serve in the Forces, sorry if you can't appreciate that.

Thats how the world was built though....USA and the indians.....Spain and Portugal and South America....etc, etc

Because it was founded as a result of one of the most horrific injustices to a group of people.

Now they seem to be passing down the pain.

Lets keep this on track - if you want to go down that road open a thread on Turkey.

I'm British, actually. You need a sense of humour to serve in the Forces, sorry if you can't appreciate that.

Sorry Britain's "finest". Next you'll be saying "you don't know man, you weren't there..."

Just because you had a laugh at the expense of other people, doesn't mean we all have to find it funny or be slated for saying we think its wrong.

Anyway its a know fact that if I posted something "funny" about jewish people or Israelis I would be condemned as an anti-semite.

But I wouldn't lower myself to that level.

Why should the Palestinians be singled out, when the wish to do the same to Israel then? Its pretty funny that you have issues with Palestinian suicide bombers, but excuse for Israel attacks on Palestinians. Bit of a double standard there. If its ok for Israel to kick people out of there homes and murder them, well then you should have no issues with Hamas then.

Now personally, I am of the opinion that when anyone kills innocent civilians its wrong.

Well, then start a thread about Turkey and there treatment of Kurds then.

I don't need an amateur history lesson from a clearly biased instrutctor thank you very much. I'm not getting involved in the interminable debate on the rights and wrongs of the situation in the Middle East. Each side has legitimate arguments and bones of contention, and Israel is certainly not the blame free defender of democracy as some of her over zealous defenders would seek to claim. But, it's impossible to have a reasonable debate when one side seeks to make inhuman, insensitive monsters out of the other on the basis of even the most trivial, innocent, and indeed humorous, events.

As an addendum, I think it says a lot about your own particular biases, that you are quick to condemn as unacceptable a few soldiers dancing on the street, but seek to equivocate and contextualise when presented with suicide bombers who seek to maim and murder not just soldiers, but as many civilians as they possibly can. The attitude of people like you is one* of the reasons it's impossible to consider the issues in a measured, constructive manner. Which is a real pity.

*In fairness, there are too many zealots blinded by their own sense of righteousness on the pro-Isreal side too, but not as many, it seems, as on the pro-Palestinian side.

Sorry for the inconsistency here, I know I just said I didn't want to get involved in a debate on the Palestinian question, but it's either this or continue painting the bathroom...

Just a question for mrboswell...Most people can agree that the state of Israel was founded in less than ideal circumstances, and that Palestinians suffered some degree of injustice. However, the Federation of Australia was established in 1901, and represented the dispossession of an indigenous people, and the supression of their culture on a scale vastly greater than that which is alleged by some to have occurred in Palestine. After Federation, and right up to the latter decades of the last century, Aborigine children were systematicallty removed from their families, and communities disrupted, broken up, and destroyed. THis was all official government policy. Aborigines are, to this day, a distinctly second class citizenry in Australia, and are still campaign for their ancestral lands back. Given that the State of Israel was constituted in 1948, a mere 47 years after that of Australia, isn't is somewhat inconsistent, and perhaps hypocritical, that those who campain for, and champion, the Palestinians to such an extent, and quite often demonise the Israelis in doing so, don't adopt a similar attitude to the Aborigines and their colonisers? Or is it necessary for the Aborigines to take up arms and beging suicide bombing campaigns before "activists" talke notice, and take up their cause?

• Advertisement

I don't need an amateur history lesson from aclearly biased instrutctor thank you very much. I'm not getting involved in the interminable debate on the rights and wrongs of the situation in the Middle East. Each side has legitimate arguments and bones of contention, and Israel is certainly not the blame free defender of democracy as some of her over zealous defended would seek to claim. But, it's impossible to have a reasonable debate when one side seeks to make inhuman, insensitive monsters out of the other on the basis of even the most trivial, innocent, and indeed humorous, events.

Who called anyone a Monster btw? Now, personally I said it was stupid. Seems to me that the bias you attribute to me, isn't really accurate, as I called no one monsters or inhuman.
    As an addendum, I think it says a lot about your own particular biases, when you are quick to condemn as unacceptable a few soldiers dancing on the street, but seek to equivocate and contextualise when presented with suicide bombers who seek to maim and murder not just soldiers, but as many civilians as they possibly can. The attitude of people like you is one* of the reasons it's impossible to consider the issues in a measured, constructive manner. Which is a real pity.

Its funny that you are the one who did exactly that actually by bringing up suicide bombers:

Seem pretty clear you are justifying Israel hatred of Palestinians right there. All, I was doing was the exact same thing you did, by pointing out that, look Israeli's did bad things to Palestinians as well. Its pretty funny that you make all kinds of accusations against me, when all I did was the same thing as you. You see I called no one monsters or inhuman, and all I said was that in Hebron the situation is a tinder box, and such antics are stupid, due to the situation there.
    *In fairness, there are too many zealots blinded by their own sense of righteousness on the pro-Isreal side too, but not as many, it seems, as on the pro-Palestinian side.

Oh, there plenty of them.

I don't need an amateur history lesson from aclearly biased instrutctor thank you very much. I'm not getting involved in the interminable debate on the rights and wrongs of the situation in the Middle East. Each side has legitimate arguments and bones of contention, and Israel is certainly not the blame free defender of democracy as some of her over zealous defended would seek to claim. But, it's impossible to have a reasonable debate when one side seeks to make inhuman, insensitive monsters out of the other on the basis of even the most trivial, innocent, and indeed humorous, events.

As an addendum, I think it says a lot about your own particular biases, when you are quick to condemn as unacceptable a few soldiers dancing on the street, but seek to equivocate and contextualise when presented with suicide bombers who seek to maim and murder not just soldiers, but as many civilians as they possibly can. The attitude of people like you is one* of the reasons it's impossible to consider the issues in a measured, constructive manner. Which is a real pity.

To be fair there will never be an easy fix to the situation or a debate such as this. These threads typically end up going around in circles and occasionally I learn something that adjusts my understanding and opinion of the situation but what you say* may be correct but they give out as much rubbish as they claims to encounter on such threads.

If the situation was between 2 parties equally matched, financially backed etc then it would be like for like. But its not.

The point to me posting originally is getting lost - stuff like the video just doesn't help unless you are trying to provoke a reaction as I have been accused of doing.

Sorry Britain's "finest". Next you'll be saying "you don't know man, you weren't there..."

Just because you had a laugh at the expense of other people, doesn't mean we all have to find it funny or be slated for saying we think its wrong.

Anyway its a know fact that if I posted something "funny" about jewish people or Israelis I would be condemned as an anti-semite.

But I wouldn't lower myself to that level.

It's ok, I've come to the conclusion that you're an eejit and you probably are a bit anti-semetic. Not to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Nijmegen wrote: »

If the British Army had done this outside a Catholic Church on the Falls on Good Friday or whatever, there would have been uproar.

Its disrespectful and a provocation as well as an appaling lapse in concentration. Hence they have been disciplned.

Seem pretty clear you are justifying Israel hatred of Palestinians right there. All, I was doing was the exact same thing you did, by pointing out that, look Israeli's did bad things to Palestinians as well. Its pretty funny that you make all kinds of accusations against me, when all I did was the same thing as you.

Are you for real? You're really trying to make a moral equivalency between a few soldiers dancing in the street and a few suicide bombers going out to massacre civilians? Now I've heard it all.

If the British Army had done this outside a Catholic Church on the Falls on Good Friday or whatever, there would have been uproar.

Its disrespectful and a provocation as well as an appaling lapse in concentration. Hence they have been disciplned.

It may come as a bit of a shock but there are 10's of thousands of Catholics in the British army.

All the IDF lads did was to do a dance in a random street with an OP doing the filming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

A bunch of soldiers in an army of a country that believes their imaginary friend gave them the country are mocking people praying to the same imaginary friend. What do you expect in that sh1t hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Not in itself, but if fits into the pattern of comment that the IDF are illdisciplined and insensitive.

Not in itself, but if fits into the pattern of comment that the IDF are illdisciplined and insensitive.

The IDF is one of the best fighting forces in the world, illdiscipline - certainly not.

Sense of humour - definitely.

I think it's one of the funniest videos I've seen in ages.

We expect soldiers to be sensitive now?

It's ok, I've come to the conclusion that you're an eejit and you probably are a bit anti-semetic. Not to worry.

I'm not worried, although you seem to be - this thread has taken up 50% of your posts so far. Did you spend the other half talking about having sword fights in the barracks when you were bored?

I do not have a prejudice against jewish people. I have called IDF monsters in the past and condemned at great lengths the actions of Israeli military and political figures. Just like I have Hamas for similar atrocities.

I have always taken a stand point from a human rights basis or lack thereof.

• Advertisement
Advertisement