Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

club red

• 08-07-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

heard this advertised on spin during the week , is this kearney reinvented again or this there a new nightclub opening in ennis? club red was the name i think anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Don't know about the name but Kearneys is back open again but I think its still under the name "Trilogy"

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

exioot wrote: »
    Don't know about the name but Kearneys is back open again but I think its still under the name "Trilogy"

No, I think poor Triology only lasted something like 3wks and closed again as nobody was going. As far as I know Club Red is the new Triology/Kearneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

carmel27 wrote: »
    No, I think poor Triology only lasted something like 3wks and closed again as nobody was going. As far as I know Club Red is the new Triology/Kearneys.
    i give it 3 weeks also i gave trilogy 3 months last time lol, gone after 3 weeks!.....they should know by now, that place is doomed for failure, the way things are now, there is only room for one place in town, and unfortunately people will still go to the queens

and clubRed, what a terrible name, it'll always be kearneys to townies

BOBBY wrote: »
    i give it 3 weeks also i gave trilogy 3 months last time lol, gone after 3 weeks!.....they should know by now, that place is doomed for failure, the way things are now, there is only room for one place in town, and unfortunately people will still go to the queens

Completely agree. I fear Im gettin a little past clubbing :(, but when I do go, its to the Queens Im afraid. Wont be venturing across the Club Bridge ant time soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Big extravagant opening planned, I hear.

It could double serve as their closing down night special.

• Advertisement

the DJs are from spin sw apparently...which is the worst radio station in the country...bound to be sh*te..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BeccaG

heard this advertised on spin during the week , is this kearney reinvented again or this there a new nightclub opening in ennis? club red was the name i think anyway

It's in the same place that Trilogy was but under new managment. The Queens is open 5 nights a week and this club is only starting off with Saturday nights. Queens is an excellent club but I think it's a good idea to have an alternative. There is enough people in Ennis to fill both clubs on a Saturday. Give them a chance at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

They retitled it from the hilariously 90's sounding Trilogy to the even more hilariously 90's sounding Club Red. I can hear the commercial house cheese booming from the speakers already.

Most of the bars in town are dead 90% of the time and they've no cover charge. They might as well give up. Brandons, Knoxes and Cloister are just going to suck up any custom that doesn't want to pay in. Queens was in desperate need of a credible alternative for the last 20 years but the new place is impossible to compete with. I don't like nightclubs but even I'm impressed. The music is excessively narrow in scope but that's bogger clubs for you. You'd better not deviate from radio tracks or 90's scumbag house or you'll lose the audience. They could do with finding more people who could mix without ****ing up royally mind you. I was in there one night a couple of months ago and it was the most shambolic set I've heard in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Calum Best is going to be making an appearance there Saturday night :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

The same family own both places, its not competition when they can close it anytime they like.

the old Kearneys was a class place, a real alternative to the Queens. It will never get that back sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Amy33 wrote: »

Great!!... Now wheres my shotgun.....:D

There has to be opportunity available for a Queens competitor. I can't be paying €13 (€8 if I get this membership card) every time I go out in Ennis, and their drinks prices are ridiculous. Surely a cheaper alternative would do well, but every time "Kearney's" reopens under some generic new name, it appears to be gone within a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Benny Lava wrote: »
    There has to be opportunity available for a Queens competitor. I can't be paying €13 (€8 if I get this membership card) every time I go out in Ennis, and their drinks prices are ridiculous. Surely a cheaper alternative would do well, but every time "Kearney's" reopens under some generic new name, it appears to be gone within a matter of weeks.

Thats if the queens has anything to do with it... wonder what hand outs they'll be giving out at the club bridge when the new club opens...:rolleyes:

Another good reason to stay at home then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

he'll be there on his own, guaranteed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

BOBBY wrote: »
    he'll be there on his own, guaranteed..

Think the lads from Hardy Bucks are joining him!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

golfball37 wrote: »
    The same family own both places, its not competition when they can close it anytime they like.

the old Kearneys was a class place, a real alternative to the Queens. It will never get that back sadly.

Aboy no brains, don't say something like that unless you know it to be true. The Lyne family own the queens, Patrick Vaughan and Noel Connellan own Kearney's/Club Red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

cianc1 wrote: »
    Aboy no brains, don't say something like that unless you know it to be true. The Lyne family own the queens, Patrick Vaughan and Noel Connellan own Kearney's/Club Red.
    Patrick Vaughan and Noel Connellan are just leasing the premisis from the Lyne family just like everyone else that has attempted to make something out of it.

Unfortunitally the Lyne family can shut carneys at the drop of a hat if they feel the competition is threatening them as they have done before with cheap early admission, loyalties and what ever special they can offer.

I can already see Club Red as dead man walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Club Red will be in the red in no time at all,sad but true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Patrick Vaughan and Noel Connellan are just leasing the premisis from the Lyne family just like everyone else that has attempted to make something out of it.

Unfortunitally the Lyne family can shut carneys at the drop of a hat if they feel the competition is threatening them as they have done before with cheap early admission, loyalties and what ever special they can offer.

I can already see Club Red as dead man walking.

Actually RTDH as usual your sources are iffy at best The lynes dont own Kearneys, they used to lease it off connelan/vaughan, who have taken it back about a year or so ago.
    cianc1 is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think if they managed to make the pub a success it might get the nightclub going again. When it was The Barge Rooms there was a lot of food sold there but it suddenly went from being packed out on a Saturday to being practically empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

We were there Sat nite..luckily enuf didn't see Calum Best. Free in & a free cocktail (orange juice)..it still wasn't busy. Most people had a look & fu*ked off. I have to say the music was v good.& drinks no where near the madness price the queens charge. Would be nice if it lasted, but def hard to compete with the queens

I remember in early 2009 a good crowd would head to Kearney's even though it was like €12 in. Just doesn't seem to happen anymore whenever it gets done up into Trilogy or Club Red or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

A complete shambles of a night club everyone left after around 10 minutes the upstairs smoking area was ridiculously packed and the free cocktail of orange juice was disgraceful.

as for having a vip area for callum best when the place is as small as it is...

What was this orange juice cocktail supposed to contain?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

if it was free in, cheap drink and the music was good, then why wont people go????????
    i dont get it, people in ennis are so stuck in their ways, its the queens or no where else - WHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Too Small it was cramped even with the small crowd,Too far away from everything,..if it went back to old kearneys id go back no problem but trying to compete with the queens is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ennisrover

I was in Club Red last saturday nite and i had a great night. The music was good and the drink was cheep. I was in the vip area and got to talk Calum Best and had a few drinks with him. I have to say he's really down to earth. I also got to talk to the Hardy Bucks, I had never heard of them but i have since looked them up on youtube and they are very funny. I am a member of the queens and to be honest im sick of the place. Its way over rated. Its 13euro to get in and for what? Its always the same faces in the same places. Why even bother. Drink is 5euro a drink. volka and redbull 10 euro. (rip off). Have you ever tried get in with a jacket on(more money gone before you even get in the door of the place). Ennis needs another night club and with its new management and its events line up CLUB RED could be it. (Give them a chance) Best of luck Club Red. I'll definitely be back..

ennisrover wrote: »
    I was in Club Red last saturday nite and i had a great night. The music was good and the drink was cheep. I was in the vip area and got to talk Calum Best and had a few drinks with him. I have to say he's really down to earth. I also got to talk to the Hardy Bucks, I had never heard of them but i have since looked them up on youtube and they are very funny. I am a member of the queens and to be honest im sick of the place. Its way over rated. Its 13euro to get in and for what? Its always the same faces in the same places. Why even bother. Drink is 5euro a drink. volka and redbull 10 euro. (rip off). Have you ever tried get in with a jacket on(more money gone before you even get in the door of the place). Ennis needs another night club and with its new management and its events line up CLUB RED could be it. (Give them a chance) Best of luck Club Red. I'll definitely be back..

Setting up accounts and defending a place with which you have an affiliation in your first post is seriously getting old. Also, talking smack about the Queens? That's highly unprofessional and I can guarantee you the Queens will still be going strong when Club Red is little more than a distant memory in the minds of the people of Ennis (which will be in about three weeks).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ennisrover

Benny Lava wrote: »
    Setting up accounts and defending a place with which you have an affiliation in your first post is seriously getting old. Also, talking smack about the Queens? That's highly unprofessional and I can guarantee you the Queens will still be going strong when Club Red is little more than a distant memory in the minds of the people of Ennis (which will be in about three weeks).

For your information i have no affiliation with club red. Club RED has been taken over by a guy from outside clare with no connections with Ennis. The only reason i went there saturday night was becauce im gf had vip tickets. It turned out to be a great night. You talk about karneys in 2009, i remember it in 1999 it was packed every saturday night. The reason this is my first post is because i never heard of boards.ie, I just came acrosss it when i was looking for club reds events list. And saw all the negative posts and just wanted to give my side. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Doesnt make them right. I had a great night in culb red and i cant wait for the beach party next week. anyone who is happy with the queens ands its prices, fair play to them. Club RED offers a choice somewhere different for a change. I dont understand negitive people. If you dont have something good to say why bother saying it at all.

Advertisement