Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing centre light to spots

Options
  • 08-07-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just noticed that the electrician put in centre lights (as we call them) instead of spots. The ceiling is plastered and ready for painting. How hard is it for me to change those centre lights and put in 8 spots instead? Can he just fish the cables through or will be get caught in the joists? Will I have to rip down the plaster board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

What's above the ceiling? Can you lift the flooring above?

Do you know which way the joists are running?

Might be possible to do something, would all depend. Would probably need some patch up afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tapp

Solid concrete floor above it!!!! Need to run the spots in two directions so either way I'm goosed!! Reckon it will have to be patched up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Mark out where you want the spots, cut the correct size holes with a hole saw, then have a look up and see! ;)

That's probably the best way, there might not be too much to be patched up. But the only way is to take a look up and see...

Advertisement