Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Open Golf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Good start for you, Daly -7 at the moment..!

Dont jinx it buddy ;)...backed him with cash money in the local shop...LOOONG way to go but if he can get into the clubhouse at -7 im happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Yeah sorry mate, probably shouldnt have posted that!...fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Just dropped one, McIlroy joint 1st now!

Mcilroy looking very good....is the weather to pick up this afternoon? scoring is ridiculous at the minute.

Fnacy my other pick Goosen to go well in these conditions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I did a few low value bets, my PP account only had €8.35 in it so it's just for an interest:

Did:

Furyk €2 e/w @ 45/1
    Mickelson win €2.35 @ 18/1
    McIlroy €2 to be best Irishman @ 2/1

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As I mentioned in the Open thread in the golf forum, threw a tenner on Rory when he was at -4 @ 6/1.

First time I've haven't gone with him from the beginning of a Major in ages :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Early days yet

I don't have money on McIlroy but would be delighted to see him win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The morning players usually have the best of the conditions so the current leaders look set fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

what time does justin rose tee off??

coughlan08 wrote: »
    what time does justin rose tee off??

Teed off and finished his round at -2

• Advertisement

is that any good in comparison to the rest of the field,
    where is he coming,
    thanks

is that any good in comparison to the rest of the field,
    where is he coming,
    thanks

McIlroy is leading on -9

Woods who was in Rose's group finished on -5

You have to go back to 67th in the field to find someone on level par today

Very little wind this morning so low scoring, wind is picking up so afternoon tee offs not expected to score as low or for the rest of the weekend

You could say it was a missed opportunity for Rose but he isn't out of it by any means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Westwood on a bit of a charge -5 under through 9, tempted to put a bit on him, it could finally be his time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

jaysus! early days, but my picks are taking a pounding! molinari+3, duval+5(no suprise really), goydos+2, donald+1, faldo is actually the best of the lot at the mo on level par. didnt think id be saying that after day one. what does anyone reckon the winning score will be come sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jaysus! early days, but my picks are taking a pounding! molinari+3, duval+5(no suprise really), goydos+2, donald+1, faldo is actually the best of the lot at the mo on level par. didnt think id be saying that after day one. what does anyone reckon the winning score will be come sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Bleedin Jim Furyk :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Bleedin Jim Furyk :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can add Harrington, Donald, Overton & Fowler to that quote - worst ever start to a major. Question is - will anyone go back in & back at the longer odds in the hope of a recovery tomorrow?

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    I'm on Singh @ 90/1 and Laird @ 275/1.

Only €5 e/w on both for the interest, haven't a notion about golf to say the least but I enjoy watching and playing it.

-4 for Singh and +2 for Laird. Happy with Singh's start. 'Mon Vijay!

It's gonna be windy and wet tomorrow so the scores will come back a bit I'd imagine.

Forecast is here http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/st_andrews_forecast_weather.html

McIlroy is 5/4 to score 72 or over tomorrow. Tempting as he tees off early afternoon and will be out in the worst of the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Didn't back anyone from the start but am looking at the prices after round 1 & just backed these:

Glover ( -5 ) @ 66/1
    Villegas ( -4 ) @ 50/1
    Dredge ( -6 ) @ 50/1
    Wilson ( -4 ) @ 125/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Lowry is going to have a brilliant week.
    LOOK OUT FOR JEONG THE AMATEUR 250/1(-4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've a 5er on McIlroy, put it on this morning. Apologies for the after-timing but I shall put up a picture of the docket, if 'tis wanted.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's gonna be windy and wet tomorrow so the scores will come back a bit I'd imagine.

Forecast is here http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/st_andrews_forecast_weather.html

McIlroy is 5/4 to score 72 or over tomorrow. Tempting as he tees off early afternoon and will be out in the worst of the weather.

He's never carded higher than a 70 at St.Andrews though

Forecast heavy showers in the morning and to clear off then by mid afternoon, great news again for wee Rory, bad news for the boys that got stung with the bad weather today again :rolleyes:

Kod-box wrote: »
    He's never carded higher than a 70 at St.Andrews though

He will at least once probably twice over the next 3 days.

• Advertisement

ya very likely, i just think the 5/4 for over 72 is pretty short considering though.

further update on the weather is that wind will be alot stronger in the afternoon (upto 50mph) so the early boys mightnt be too bad after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Just backed Gmac at 100-1

Finished his round with a birdie so will no doubt have a positive outlook going into tomorrow, think if he can shoot 3 or 4 under par tomorrow will be in a very good position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Forecast heavy showers in the morning and to clear off then by mid afternoon, great news again for wee Rory, bad news for the boys that got stung with the bad weather today again :rolleyes:
    i don't think so,lots of wind this avo,very little this morning,a bit of rain is fine,take it over a 25-30kmph cross wind(on a lot of holes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Backed McIlroy at 18/1 last week and on the advice of John Duggan on Today FM- Peter Hanson. Got him at 150/1. Tied 4th at the moment. Duggan seems to get a good winner on the golf once in a while.

Had a little rattle at Alejandro Canizares 5ew @ 100/1 on boyles last night..he is sitting at -5 and has a bit of form from the french open...possibly out in the worst of the weather but i have seen worse 100/1 shots..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

(upto 50mph)
    Where did you see that? Those sort of winds would be unplayable.

Aidric wrote: »
    Where did you see that? Those sort of winds would be unplayable.

Not sure about 50mph but the forecast says there will be Gusts of 40mph today. Doesn't appear to be stopping some great scores so far today though.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/st_andrews_forecast_weather.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Not sure about 50mph but the forecast says there will be Gusts of 40mph today. Doesn't appear to be stopping some great scores so far today though.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/st_andrews_forecast_weather.html

Out at sea maybe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Doocey wrote: »

Backed McDowell at 130's and stuck a fun 2 euro top up to my existing bet at 1000's on Overton who finished at 2 under!

Interviews with McDowell & Watson indicate gusts hitting 40 mph. Expect the cut to move to level par. Course is biting back no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

l have lumped on justin rose in todays 3 ball in the hope that he can cope with the wind the best and also the fact that we wont see any others golfers now this 3 ball has started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Play suspended because of the wind, Gona be very tough for the players who have to complete their rounds to remain under par today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

i have something here that maybe somebody can help me with. i was in boyles yesterday putting e5 on chad campbell in reno tahoe. a lady came up to the desk and asked for the latest odds on ernie els, this is maybe 3 or 4 hours after the open had started. she got the odds, filled in her docket and did the bet there in the shop no bother. this is interesting to me because when i placed a bet on ernie els about 2 years ago, when he won the honda classic, i thought i had won e600 after he won it, but pp wouldnt pay out as they said the bet had been made after the start of the tournament. just wondering about this!:cool:

can someone tell me whether justin rose has teed off for round 2, or has the wind suspended play,thanks.
    is he in anyway in good shape..

The time it took to type that you could have checked.....

http://scoring.opengolf.com/leaderboard.sps?iTourNo=2010060&optsel=pos&lang=en

Google is your friend.

ok so basically from that link you have provided he is after droping a shot in his first hole.does this mean he has just teed off now.i dont bet or even follow golf so its hard for me to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

ok so basically from that link you have provided he is after droping a shot in his first hole.does this mean he has just teed off now.i dont bet or even follow golf so its hard for me to understand.

he is just after paring the 2nd going to the 3rd tee now

Yeah they are underway and he dropped a shot, basically that site is the official site for the open and it is regularly updated and you can stay on top of how he is getting on.

The bbc website live feed is quite good aswell..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8827179.stm

what are the conditions like for him,will they suit him compared to the rest of the field or do you see him dropping shots even more.
    thanks

Its tough for everybody to be honest he may be a bit more used to it being a native and hopefully he will cope.

i have something here that maybe somebody can help me with. i was in boyles yesterday putting e5 on chad campbell in reno tahoe. a lady came up to the desk and asked for the latest odds on ernie els, this is maybe 3 or 4 hours after the open had started. she got the odds, filled in her docket and did the bet there in the shop no bother. this is interesting to me because when i placed a bet on ernie els about 2 years ago, when he won the honda classic, i thought i had won e600 after he won it, but pp wouldnt pay out as they said the bet had been made after the start of the tournament. just wondering about this!:cool:

Betting in running

Oosthuizen is 3's now, might be hard to catch if the wind stays as is all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

If i had any money left in my pp account, i would put it all on harrington to miss the cut @1/3. He's currently +4 and playing poorly. Cut is projected at even par (maybe +1 at a stretch). Harrington has no chance...

Doocey wrote: »

On the course.

Play was suspended because the wind was moving balls on the green.

St Andrews is unreal when the wind blows hard.

On the course.

Play was suspended because the wind was moving balls on the green.

St Andrews is unreal when the wind blows hard.

I'm only joking lad.
    Yeah the winds have been brutal, ****ed McIlroy up.

-5 now, let's hope he has a better round next time.
    When does he tee off again does anyone know?

Well done that South African though!

• Advertisement

McIlroy at 29's now! From 3's!

Advertisement