Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Open Golf

Comments

If McIlroy drops 2 shots in the last 3 holes he may well miss the cut.

What a difference a day makes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hopefully he won't.

What a difference the day makes indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Kod-box wrote: »
    Oosthuizen is 3's now, might be hard to catch if the wind stays as is all weekend.

bad weather conditions makes it easier to catch leaders as opposed to calm conditiona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Oosthuizen has never been in this position before, and i'm fairly confident he'l implode.
    Mcdowell bet at 100-1 from last night is looking very nice now.
    Between him and Westwood imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I backed Woods at the start @ 7-1 and if i hadnt i would back him now @ 11-2. His price is pretty short though but that is because of his quality. He was out there in the worst of conditions today but still shot a 73 and it could have been lower. He hit some brilliant shots and none better than his tee-shot off the 18th. Obv. the leader is miles out in front but anything can happen him so Woods in effect could be just 2/3 shots off the lead at the half-way stage. Its not often you get those sort of prices about Woods but he does look to be playing well and very solid. The leader might stay out there but that is why Woods is 11-2 and the leader 3-1. Anyone looking to add a bit of interest could do a lot worse than back Woods. I only watch the Majors but anytime i do its practically Woods-watch, its like there is only 1 golfer out there, talk about wall-to-wall coverage of Woods so u get to see your selection play too. Back anyone else and all you will see is his score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I was just thinking the same same to myself that tiger is a better bet now than he was before the start.

I cant see the Oosthuizen winning it myself there is still 2 long days left .

Im gona do Woods in the morning myself.

The weather looks to be alot better tomorrow which can only be to Woods advantage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

never backed as many golfers in a major and ive only one
    in contention at -3 :(

From BBC
    " Fresh winds again today, 15-20mph with gusts to 25-30, so not quite as strong as 'Ferocious' Friday. Showers this morning, dry later."

I'm expecting the leader to drop back into the pack today.

Darren Clarke finished his 2nd round this morning - a 2nd successive 70 so he's looking decent for a place.

3rd round starts in an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Did:

Woods to beat Westwood today 4/6
    Karlsson to beat Kramer today 11/10

€5- double

As mentioned earlier about Woods, at least ya get to see your money go down the swannie.................. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have a fiver here who could i stick it on at a decent price for a bit of interest?
    Someone with a bit of a chance.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Goodbye McIlroy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

baraca wrote: »
    Have a fiver here who could i stick it on at a decent price for a bit of interest?
    Someone with a bit of a chance.

Thanks

jimenez looks a bit big at 33's??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

l cant decide if woods is worth doing or not.

last night taught he would win now lm having 2nd taughts.

trouble is no one else is standing out at the odds.

l dont think the leader will win and westwood will bottle it if he gets into a winning position.

l might wait till later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Big Phil is currently E and 125/1, Rory is -1 and 28/1. Took a small bit of that. If Phil can put another few birdies on his card, he may not be far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Looking at robert rock at 125s playing some nice golf today would i be mad?

I don't think you'd be mad. He's currently joint 21st and there's every chance the leaders will fall back tonight. Perhaps wait until he plays the 17th, as a par won't affect his price but a double bogey will affect your chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm going to put my head on the block and proclaim that the leader is going to hold his nerve. He's a very good golfer and if that was westwood or Rose up their on top they'd be odds on...and they're proven chokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I think 10/3 for Oosthuizen is actually a good price given his position. I know it's possible to lose shots, but if he starts well that price will vanish very quickly.
    I've got McDowell, might get a place out of him (hopefully), my two other selections are gone, so yeah, I'll put a penny or two on Louis

I think 10/3 for Oosthuizen is actually a good price given his position. I know it's possible to lose shots, but if he starts well that price will vanish very quickly.
    I've got McDowell, might get a place out of him (hopefully), my two other selections are gone, so yeah, I'll put a penny or two on Louis

It is, but isn't that telling you something?

It's not unassailable (sp) by any matter of means and i wouldn't be puitting alot of money on him at that price despite him being 5 ahead.

Degag wrote: »
    It is, but isn't that telling you something?

It's not unassailable (sp) by any matter of means and i wouldn't be puitting alot of money on him at that price despite him being 5 ahead.

Too late now!!!:D
    Not a big bet by any means, enough to cover what I placed on Thursday and a little extra, should he win. Still hoping McDowell gets up though!

• Advertisement

I've laid the leader to finish in the top 5 @ 2.1 on bf.

Also laid Woods v Clarke today @ 1.54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Degag wrote: »
    If Phil can put another few birdies on his card, he may not be far behind!
    Just gone -4 now after 13, Worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Stuck a few quid on Mcilroy at 40/1 this morning , glad to see hes back playing well today & now at -4.

I honestly cant see past Oosthuizen though , conditions are a lot better today and everybody seems to be making birdies and going around under par . I can see him finishing on at least 14/15 under which i still think will be 3 or 4 shots clear ( at worst ) going into tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm going to put my head on the block and proclaim that the leader is going to hold his nerve. He's a very good golfer and if that was westwood or Rose up their on top they'd be odds on...and they're proven chokers.
    Rose has won twice on the PGA Tour this year and should have won a third. I think he can't be accused of being a choker anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

What score does everyone wreckon will be good enough for top 7??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

colly54 wrote: »
    What score does everyone wreckon will be good enough for top 7??

wait there till i check my crystal ball.................-5

Good shout on Kaymer who ever mentioned it (too lazy to look back through thread).
    He's flying by all accounts.

A big day needed by Rory tomorrow, top seven finish is still do-able.
    Come on me wee' lad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

Went a bit mad yesterday and bet a lot of money. Was about an hour before McIlroy started his round.

Put 300 on McIlroy to win 10/3 and 200 on Oosthuizen at 5/1. Was sickened yesterday evenin after Rorys 80. But Oosthuizen has been unreal today after a shaky start. Those tough par putts at the start of his round put 10 years on me but fair play to him, nerves of steal. After he bogeyed the first i thought it was a sign of things to come to be honest.

Put 275 on Casey to win a few mins ago at 5/2 to cover myself and ease the nerves a little. So hopefuly one of the two win or ill be potentially down 775 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Went a bit mad yesterday and bet a lot of money. Was about an hour before McIlroy started his round.

Put 300 on McIlroy to win 10/3 and 200 on Oosthuizen at 5/1. Was sickened yesterday evenin after Rorys 80. But Oosthuizen has been unreal today after a shaky start. Those tough par putts at the start of his round put 10 years on me but fair play to him, nerves of steal. After he bogeyed the first i thought it was a sign of things to come to be honest.

Put 275 on Casey to win a few mins ago at 5/2 to cover myself and ease the nerves a little. So hopefuly one of the two win or ill be potentially down 775 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

You should have used betfair. Lay Oosthuizen for 500 at just under even money. That way if he loses you break even and you get 500 profit if he wins. Free bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you have profit of 425 if Oostuizen wins and 187.5 if Casey wins. Big sweat if someone comes out of the pack to threaten your 775 loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

You should have used betfair. Lay Oosthuizen for 500 at just under even money. That way if he loses you break even and you get 500 profit if he wins. Free bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you have profit of 425 if Oostuizen wins and 187.5 if Casey wins. Big sweat if someone comes out of the pack to threaten your 775 loss.
    Rubbish, keep the bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Did a fiver double for a bit of interest:

Woods to beat Fisher today (draw no bet)
    Rose to beat Mickelson today (draw no bet)

€5- returns about €16-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

backed six players at the start of this: woods @ 6/1 50e/w,rose @20/1 50e/w,poulter @28/1 10e/w,hunter mahan @125/1 10 e/w,sergio garcia @80/1 10 e/w and kevin na @275/1 10 e/w,rose and poulter nowhere but place money chances with woods,garcia and best of all na who is -2 already today(-4 overall) after 5,if he made top 7 it would be sweet:)

also have put 300 on oosthuizen @4/5,dont think he is for catching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

dan de man wrote: »
    backed six players at the start of this: woods @ 6/1 50e/w,rose @20/1 50e/w,poulter @28/1 10e/w,hunter mahan @125/1 10 e/w,sergio garcia @80/1 10 e/w and kevin na @275/1 10 e/w,rose and poulter nowhere but place money chances with woods,garcia and best of all na who is -2 already today(-4 overall) after 5,if he made top 7 it would be sweet:)

i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only,i was that confident,i really love aftertimers,why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

heavyballs wrote: »
    i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only,i was that confident,i really love aftertimers,why bother?

how is that particular bet after timing.
    he can be got on pp at 8/11,so i dont see how,im not sure but he can prob be got at 4/5 is you shop around..
    i know the other bets are after timing but this aint really..

edit:he can be got on betfair @22/25,so he actually didnt even take the best odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

considering he is only teeing off now could you explain to me please how is that aftertiming?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

dan de man wrote: »

I lumped on him this morning at this price too. I thought it was a mistake at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That eagle putt took some stones.

Great eagle by Oosthuizen, should be an interesting back 9, il take 2 or 3 more birdies from McIlroy as well please - get my e/w bet @ 40/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Verance wrote: »
    Rubbish, keep the bet.

What bet :confused:

Great win by Oosthuizen, il get 1/3 of my stake at 10/1 for Mcilroy finishing joint 3rd with Casey & Stenson ( is that right - 1/4 odds at 40/1 for top 4? )

• Advertisement

I got a full pay-out for McIlroy.

From a 40€ E/W. I got €100 back so I'm guessing dead-heat doesn't apply.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

does anyone know what way pp payout on joint 7th? do dead heat rules apply?

Four tied for 7th yeah? So I guess quarter stake to full odds

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only

Well done. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

I'll never back links golf again.Luck played a huge part in finding a winner.He got a four shot advantage because he played in the best conditions.Links golf is a lottery.Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

I put on a number of bets including Rock and Lehman to finish top 20.

Lehman was tied 14th with 9 other players. I backed him €10 at 12/1 top 20. can somebody work out the payout for me if dead heat rules apply?

Useless at all this stuff. :confused:

todolist wrote: »
    I'll never back links golf again.Luck played a huge part in finding a winner.He got a four shot advantage because he played in the best conditions.Links golf is a lottery.Never again.

But he ended up winning by 7 shots - a canter and could have won by more. ( he played the last 2 holes like they were meaningless resulting in a bogey on 17th ) All this while playing with the leaders for the last 2 days in the same conditions as the contenders . The guy won by playing flawless golf for 4 days not because he had the best conditions for 1 day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Jasonw wrote: »

Lehman was tied 14th with 9 other players. I backed him €10 at 12/1 top 20. can somebody work out the payout for me if dead heat rules apply?

i think it works out at 7/9 of your stake at 12/1 which is €93.24

Jasonw wrote: »

9 players tied = 1/10 of your stake = €1 @ (1/4 of 12/1) 3/1

= €4 return , could be wrong here

Or :

€10 x 12 = €120 * 4 * 9 = €3.33.

• Advertisement
Advertisement