If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32"lcd tv

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Looking for a basic 32" lcd delivered to Cavan area.2 scart and one analogue,nothing fancy but obviously compatible with whatever is needed for the next few years.Can get it delivered in the north if significantly cheaper(Enniskillen area). what kind of prices am I looking at.If it was a really :D really good deal ( I know they are all good) for a 37" I might be tempted

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Looking for a basic 32" lcd delivered to Cavan area.2 scart and one analogue,nothing fancy but obviously compatible with whatever is needed for the next few years.Can get it delivered in the north if significantly cheaper(Enniskillen area). what kind of prices am I looking at.If it was a really :D really good deal ( I know they are all good) for a 37" I might be tempted

Thanks in advance

Ronin,

many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you (we are a little behind at the moment but we will catch up today I promise :o).

Ok on 32" we have a few nice deals - the LG 32LH2000 is a really nice TV & we still have a very few of them left - it's £299.95 and delivery would be £19.99 to Cavan - it fills the bill with 2 HDMI & 2 Scarts - it also has MPEG4 for ROI digital TV reception.

Next up would be the LG 32LD320 again at £299.95 - this is part of the new range and whilst I have only had a quick look at it - it does appear pretty impressive.

From Sharp we have the Sharp LC32DH510 which is a really super TV (with a handy USB time shift recording feature) THis is a really nice looking unit and the audio quality is execllent as well - all for £329.95.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote & give us a shout if we can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What would these be in Euro, that is, bought in Dublin?

The LG 32LH2000 is a really nice TV & we still have a very few of them left - it's £299.95 and delivery would be £19.99 to Cavan - it fills the bill with 2 HDMI & 2 Scarts - it also has MPEG4 for ROI digital TV reception.
    €389.99 delivered

Next up would be the LG 32LD320 again at £299.95 - this is part of the new range and whilst I have only had a quick look at it - it does appear pretty impressive.
    €389.99 delivered

From Sharp we have the Sharp LC32DH510 which is a really super TV (with a handy USB time shift recording feature) THis is a really nice looking unit and the audio quality is execllent as well - all for £329.95.
    €419.99 delivered

I should have mentioned the 32PFL5405H from Philips as well - this is pretty much in a different league to the others as it's Full HD 1080P AND 100Hz
    See full specs here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5405h_05/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

If you are into gaming or sports the increased quality on this would make it a no brainer and we can do it at £419.95 / €499.99

Thanks again for the posts & give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

"it also has MPEG4 for ROI digital TV reception"

Would I not need this to future proof any TV?

I have a FTA dish and regular ariel for RTE

Also the normal is 10% for a 5 year warranty ?

"it also has MPEG4 for ROI digital TV reception"

Would I not need this to future proof any TV?

I have a FTA dish and regular ariel for RTE

Also the normal is 10% for a 5 year warranty ?

Ro,

All those TV's have MPEG4 so they are all okay for Digital TV in Ireland - HOWEVER if you mean FREESAT HD to use with your FTA dish - then there really is only one TV to go for and that's the LG 32LF7700 - this has everything on board - MPEG2/MPEG4/UHF/VHF/Freesat HD receivers all built in - This TV is the dogs dangly bits - & we have just had a small delivery of these, thankfully as they are always demanded!

It retails at £399.95 /€479.99 and it really is a superb TV (especially with the Freesat HD!)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ronin247

The 32PFL5405H is a very good Tv (and John is doing it for a VERY good price!!)
    I should point out that it only has one SCART input, you mentioned that you need two so would require a SCART switch box which we sell for €14.99 - this lets you plug up to 3 SCART devives into one SCART socket and switch between them all.

atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash and John,

Let me point out,I am definitely buying a tv off you I am just trying to find the most suitable.

I asked about the MPEG4 because it was specifically mentioned on the LG 32LH2000.I am so technically ignorant on TVs so I am relying on your guidance

The tv is for my parents,they dont do gaming or sports(mum had to quit kickboxing when she turned 70 because of the insurance..........they wouldnt cover her victims opponents ).

They have a lidl FTA dish and box on one scart and a dvd player on another and the RTE on standard ariel.

It is for watching regular tv and occasional movie.They are not fussy.

I will be in touch with John Monday or tuesday to let him know which of the original 3 choices I am going with.

Anyone got opinions on the 3 TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

Hi do you still have the 32PFL5405H as i'm very interested in it and how much would delivery to dublin be thanks

Hi Tony

PM sent

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash I didn't get the pm could resend it Thanks

• Advertisement

sending now
    Cheers
    Ash

Sent - should be in your inbox now

cheers
    Ash

Hi am getting notificatios from boards that you sent the message but still no message.I even pmed myself and i didnt get that.Is there a number i could ring

sure is 01 474 0788
    Cheers
    Ash

Did you get the LG 32LH2000 back in stock yet?? Didnt get a call from Belfast to update what was happening.

Did you get the LG 32LH2000 back in stock yet?? Didnt get a call from Belfast to update what was happening.

Ronin,

apologies for apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I'm away on holiday at the moment with really limited web access and to make matters worse Kenny has thoughtlessly gone and burst his appendix so he is out of action as well - so we are REALLY behind answering posts but I'll make sure we catch up over the next 24 hours

Anyway the 32LH2000 is now discontinued - but there is a new model in now the 32LD320 at £299.95: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32ld320/lg-32ld320 - As we have kept you waiting - if you are interested in it I'll do you free delivery if you are interested....

Apologies again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hope you are enjoying the holiday....Stop posting and relax :cool::cool::cool:.

Dont want the 32LD320,did the comparison with it and the 32LH2000 and even though there was only a slight difference I wouldnt "downgrade" now.

So how does the 32LH3000 with 5 year warranty and free delivery sound to you..

No panic,whenever you get back off holidays will do so long as it doesnt get discontinued

TX Ronin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hope you are enjoying the holiday....Stop posting and relax :cool::cool::cool:.

Dont want the 32LD320,did the comparison with it and the 32LH2000 and even though there was only a slight difference I wouldnt "downgrade" now.

So how does the 32LH3000 with 5 year warranty and free delivery sound to you..

No panic,whenever you get back off holidays will do so long as it doesnt get discontinued

TX Ronin

Hi Ronin,

Rather than you miss a nice tv, I thought i'd reply on behalf of the 'Big Boss' with a price for the 32LH3000. We only have the 1 left after another boardie scooped one up yesterday, my best price for the tv with warranty and delivery would be £382.90 could be with you for tuesday

let me know what you think

cheers

Matthew

I will give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

is the ld350 smilar to the lh3000

• Advertisement

vince wrote: »
    is the ld350 smilar to the lh3000

The 32LD350 is from the new range - to be honest we are only stocking the 32LD350 to special order as we are ranging the LD450 at the same price which has significantly better contrast ratio than the LD350.

We have the 32LD450's in stock ready to ship - drop us a line if you would like us to reserve one for you or if we can assist in any way at all,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

hi i see theLG32LE5900 has contrast ratio of 500,000:1. how much better than the 60000:1 on the LG 32LD450 is this. im really looking for the smoothest picture because i get annoyed whit the bluring i see on these lcd screens and the pixels. im still using a phillips cgt tv so im waiting to find the best possible screen at a good price which also works on rte dtt. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Hi there

I would be interested in the LG 32LD320 you have. Can you advise next steps?
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.