Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

im moving house very soon and my rifle is in john greenes. should i have paperwork to say were rifle is when i go into change address on licence?

also my new barracks will be portloaise does anyone have experience with this barracks and if so howd ya get on?

tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    im moving house very soon and my rifle is in john greenes. should i have paperwork to say were rifle is when i go into change address on licence?

also my new barracks will be portloaise does anyone have experience with this barracks and if so howd ya get on?

tommy

he should be able to give you a cover note, or you just say nothing and licence it as normal as a rfd is allowed to have your rifle for maintaince

Lots of Laois boys AKA buffalos on here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

he offered me a cover not when i dropped it in but didt think i would need it as hadnt planned to move. think i will just pop down to john and get somethin to cover me in case the good guard wants to visit me to see the safe........

tommy

he offered me a cover not when i dropped it in but didt think i would need it as hadnt planned to move. think i will just pop down to john and get somethin to cover me in case the good guard wants to visit me to see the safe........

tommy

Well it may be the handiest

Yer some man to want to move to Port lowsey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

have to agree with tack on that one!good luck with the move anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A cover note will suffice. Just to state the rifle is in for maintainence/repair and will be stored with Mr Green until your new home is up to scratch with regards to the SI for secure accomodation.

Very well. Sgt. O'Sullivan is the FO there (or at least the man that processes the applications) and Chief Super Francis Moore is the top dog. Had dealings with him and while very official seems to be very fair when processing applications regardless of its restricted or unrestricted nature.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Pay no attention to the BOG BUNNY. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Well it may be the handiest

what have ya got against portloaise?

tommy:D

what have ya got against portloaise?

tommy:D

Ah nothing, It could be worse!

it could be Mount Misery :D:D:D

Ezridax secretly wants to be an offaly man by the way!!

I met Declan O'Sullivan and the CS. Both very sound men ;)

Stop digging, man.

634125329546287280-SuperDuperFacepalm.jpg

Unless i am sorely mistaken its Stephen O'Sullivan.

whats there feelins on handguns as have been plannin to get .22 for a while?

tommy

• Advertisement

He seems to stick to the Law on all matters, but like all applications if he deems you fit he will grant it. Easy enough to talk to though and Sgt O'Sullivan may sit in on the interview/meeting.

No trick questions just straight forward ones with straight forward answers required. Go in prepared with all paperwork needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

Iv had dealings wit the firearms sgt in portlaoise and he was v helpfull and fair ya shouldn hav any major probs with him once everything is above board

ezridax wrote: »
    He seems to stick to the Law on all matters, but like all applications if he deems you fit he will grant it. Easy enough to talk to though and Sgt O'Sullivan may sit in on the interview/meeting.

No trick questions just straight forward ones with straight forward answers required. Go in prepared with all paperwork needed.

well that has eased my mind

tommy

ezridax wrote: »
    Stop digging, man.
    You spend more time in offaly than I do :p

You know you want to live there

Unless i am sorely mistaken its Stephen O'Sullivan.
    I'm very bad on names, Still remember he was sound though!

But Tommy Boy, You can't bate the midlands :D

I'm very bad on names, Still remember he was sound though!

But Tommy Boy, You can't bate the midlands :D

the midlands is the reason for movin drivin from kildare is a bit of a drive

tommy

the midlands is the reason for movin drivin from kildare is a bit of a drive

tommy

love the song tac.....

tommy:D:D:D

love the song tac.....

tommy:D:D:D

It's our Anthem!

Advertisement