Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    You should change your name to the Tea Baron

Beer Baron will do me. I was in a meeting 2 weeks ago and the guy across the table says "So you're the Beer Baron". The boss, who doesn't "do" boards.ie was very confused. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Beer Baron will do me. I was in a meeting 2 weeks ago and the guy across the table says "So you're the Beer Baron". The boss, who doesn't "do" boards.ie was very confused. :D

These are though times...modern day beer barons have to be in the know on all forms of refreshments...

These are though times...modern day beer barons have to be in the know on all forms of refreshments...

Not just a Baron of Beer, how misleading. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You should have said - "So you're Rex Banner?" :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    You should have said - "So you're Rex Banner?" :D

It would have been a good comeback but I was shocked my secret identity had been foiled in such a small obscure room in Dublin that I could do nothing other than wonder should I return to Berty. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Apparently Tea is the new well Tea. It has become fashionable again especially the far flung blends of Tea.

A Russian Caravan blend is quite nice or a Red Berry Tea. Must be loose leaf / loose pyramid bags to qualify though.

Try this company. http://www.suki-tea.com

:pac:

didnt we have a member on here who installs satdishes etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Drifter - the starbucks in UL is a fake bloody starbucks. they only have 1/3 of the proper starbucks menu. No strawberry cream frappachinos to feed the fat kid in me :(

Started back for Msc this week, bubble burst on day 2, not gonna be a stroll like the undergrad, lotsa work already. Gonna have to call it quits on some of the work. In fairness doing work outa 5 places is a bit OTT. But i likes money.

Drifter - the starbucks in UL is a fake bloody starbucks. they only have 1/3 of the proper starbucks menu. No strawberry cream frappachinos to feed the fat kid in me :(

Started back for Msc this week, bubble burst on day 2, not gonna be a stroll like the undergrad, lotsa work already. Gonna have to call it quits on some of the work. In fairness doing work outa 5 places is a bit OTT. But i likes money.

Jayus...you will never leave UL will you...

we all like money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Just back from my visit to UL for the first time in years.
    I had gone there cos I heard NON-students could still sign up to societies
    and join in with some activities in my case I wanted to learn about Archery :D
    24 Euros a year apparently gets you free archery!!! WOW!

Got to say I was absolutely stunned by the place. Was getting a lift out there and the traffic was choc-o-block, entered the Campus and there was Zero parking spaces with signs everywhere saying staff carpark and clamping warnings.

The sheer amount of people walking about the place was incredible, it was like a small city. I wandered in towards the Main Arena to check out the place and all the clubs/societys/events/sports and social things students could join and was impressed big time. Apart from getting the smell of of sweat when I first entered it was a sight to behold. So many people! with so many different events and pastimes that they could do for feck all cash.

I bombed out of College back in 94 having only survived less than year in Moylish doing Computer programming so never experienced what it was like
    to have a "student life" still living at home with the Mam and Dad at the time and not qualifying for a student allowance but wow! I'f I could turn back the clock and studied harder to make it into a University I reckon I would have had the time of my life! To the young students looks like great craic! I'm Jealous! :D

Felt like Rodney Dangerfield for a brief few seconds
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090685/

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

In fairness doing work outa 5 places is a bit OTT. But i likes money.

Jaysis meta, i dodn't even know there were 5 gyms / fitness centres in Limerick lol :pac::pac:

Jaysis meta, i dodn't even know there were 5 gyms / fitness centres in Limerick lol :pac::pac:

2 gyms...by night he goes as miss meta....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

by night he goes as miss meta....

you probably pay for that service :p

shouldnt you be off doing someones hair?

shouldnt you be off doing someones hair?
    You'll never get a discount off me with that attitude

You'll never get a discount off me with that attitude

dude...im bald...

dude...im bald...

I doubt he was talking about hair. :p

I doubt he was talking about hair. :p

oh dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

we all like money....

fake dream UL world > Real world every time.

One year out in the working world and i went running back to dream world. Much more fun.

dude...im bald...

Sucks to be you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

we all like money....

fake dream UL world > Real world every time.

One year out in the working world and i went running back to dream world. Much more fun.

Im only in third year and im already worried about having to leave...

Tipperary road. Expensive fuel here guys

325456_2387964022735_1359846531_2848459_1734687468_o.jpg

Just goes to show. If worst comes to worst the monoliths only go up as far as that number. :D

On another note. It's fairly obvious somebody else has taken over that site. I used to avoid that ***** with a vengeance. Now he is gone I might actually get my diesel there. ;)

Has anyone seen new 5 gallon drums or water containers for sale in Limerick recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Has anyone seen new 5 gallon drums or water containers for sale in Limerick recently?

Nope, but if there is a cold snap as early as is being spoken of at present, then they could be needed in the next six to eight weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Fcuk - The apocalypse is nigh.

- Tell us what you know Drifts, do I need to construct an underground shelter?

:(

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nope, but if there is a cold snap as early as is being spoken of at present, then they could be needed in the next six to eight weeks.
    Raiser wrote: »
    Fcuk - The apocalypse is nigh.

- Tell us what you know Drifts, do I need to construct an underground shelter?

:(

Nope...just getting prepped for another winter... some water storage and fire up the generator and stuff...nothing major..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nope...just getting prepped for another winter... some water storage and fire up the generator and stuff...nothing major..

Yeah it seems that the end of October is being tipped for the first of the big freezes this fall and winter.

Where did you see the 5 gallon containers for sale?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah it seems that the end of October is being tipped for the first of the big freezes this fall and winter.

Where did you see the 5 gallon containers for sale?

I didnt...im asking has anyone seen them :P i need a few. will prob check out the co-op in raheen tomorrow...they have decent metal jerry cans i need to get a few of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

News just in - It seems theres a Limerckman wandering around the Pitch during the opening game of the 2011 Rugby World Cup :eek:

@ Drifts - Yeah I'm getting used to eating my meat raw and starting fires with nothing but flint and 5L of Petrol :D

* Edit - Ring Flan O'Neills Shannon - They have a number of large water containers on their shelves. Also, I reckon anyone living in Limerick should head out there (15 mins drive) occasionally to fill car boot, they have a pile of DIY, Tools etc. at a fraction of the cost of B&Q, Atlantic, Homebase, Wickes etc. - Thieves they are....!

• Advertisement

Autozone in Eastway business park of all places have the 25litres metal Jerry Cans. Kind of like the ones you would expect to see screwed onto the side of a tank. Cant remember how much as it was a fair while ago I was working there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement