Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

It's the worst thing you can do. Wrap it in a dry towel and leave near indirect heat i.e. a hot press. It may take a day or two but works better than direct heat which can warp the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

adaminho wrote: »
    It's the worst thing you can do. Wrap it in a dry towel and leave near indirect heat i.e. a hot press. It may take a day or two but works better than direct heat which can warp the board.

i have it in pieces in front of the radiator as we speak, i wouldnt wrap it in a towel though, a nylon cloth is better, and then into a container of rice, to absorb the moisture, but getting a four stone bag of rice in the chinese shop seemed impractical, lol, thats alright for mobile phones, but a laptop? :D nah the hard drive is ok anyway and that was the main thing, just running a recovery program on it now to get all my stuff off it, chances are though i'll still have to get a new laptop, but at least i have all my data and backups intact... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

oh god, 500gms of muesli throughout the day doesnt bode well for my stomach. Made me a farty mother****er all day long. Not goo when i have to teach a spin class in a hot studio with a microphone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

oh god, 500gms of muesli throughout the day doesnt bode well for my stomach. Made me a farty mother****er all day long. Not goo when i have to teach a spin class in a hot studio with a microphone :(

wtf!!!

I just had a caesin shake....rotten thing,...

wtf!!!

I just had a caesin shake....rotten thing,...

well i had two euro to feed me today, all i had was milk and well spar has a decent muesli for 2 euro so i gots me that, and you know yourself, one bowel is never enough, and i had 4 classes to teach today so needed the fuel and well a bag of muesli later and a coffee and a studio that the aircon is not working in and a mic on my head and having to hold it in ..

OK, i am going to stop now

• Advertisement

well i had two euro to feed me today, all i had was milk and well spar has a decent muesli for 2 euro so i gots me that, and you know yourself, one bowel is never enough, and i had 4 classes to teach today so needed the fuel and well a bag of muesli later and a coffee and a studio that the aircon is not working in and a mic on my head and having to hold it in ..

should have went to that €1.49 place and gotten something :p

unfortunate freudian slip there! im in tears! :D

ps: laptop is down to seven lives now, lol, its working again, but the last time was shen i had it on my desk and my young lad tripped over the adapter cable, pulling the laptop down on the floor, i had to replace the hard drive then alright! :( dont even talk to me about the time he dropped my harmony universal remote in the fish tank! :eek:

kids, dont ya just love 'em! :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

should have went to that €1.49 place and gotten something :p

Sure don't ye know that place is a rip-off.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure don't ye know that place is a rip-off.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If its not 1.30, i aint buying, getting ripped off!

@eclectichoney, I thought you would lime to know that Vivani now have a 70% with orange oil. You were the one who got me into Vivani

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thursday really really rocks.

Kess73 wrote: »

Its getting there.....

If anyone is an engineer and understands what a network freeze is im within reaching distance of mine and i cant wait!

Kess73 wrote: »

Its getting there.....

waited almost all week to post that! :o

i couldn't resist! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

@eclectichoney, I thought you would lime to know that Vivani now have a 70% with orange oil. You were the one who got me into Vivani

Oooh thanks! Have ye tried it?
    70% is a little on the low side for me though :D

awh IO's in love!!!

ain't we all... :p

incidendally, had to do the two step shuffle all the way up henry street and along south circular, to avoid doin the splits... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

xsiborg wrote: »
    incidendally, had to do the two step shuffle all the way up henry street and along south circular, to avoid doin the splits... :(

Try driving from Newport to Oranmore in the snow and mild sneaky ice.

Although there was somebody getting cut out of a car North of Crusheen. Looked Nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Any dodgy icy spots around city or suburb roads? I'm coming in via Patrickswell/Raheen direction.

I hate icy roads!! :mad:

Any dodgy icy spots around city or suburb roads? I'm coming in via Patrickswell/Raheen direction.

I hate icy roads!! :mad:

Drove that way this morning on the bypass and its fine.....

• Advertisement

I was on that new roundabout by Shiels garage in the inner orbital lane and the car decided to drift. The guys in the Transit got the shock of their life. I regained grip at the last second. :eek: Missed them by mms. :o

Only doing 25km/h I'd say :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Found a better "Friday" song!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I was on that new roundabout by Shiels garage in the inner orbital lane and the car decided to drift. The guys in the Transit got the shock of their life. I regained grip at the last second. :eek: Missed them by mms. :o

Only doing 25km/h I'd say :(

its that the one that way out to shannon with Edu gym/garages to the left just after the topaz garage. If it is that roundabout is always covered in diesel from that Johnson logistics crowd overfilling their tanks & it spilling when they go around the roundabout..:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Off to the pub with me, lets hope my phone doesnt ring tomorrow and I have to go to work.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Eclectic totally blanked me and source in Arthur's quay today. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

zuroph wrote: »
    Eclectic totally blanked me and source in Arthur's quay today. :mad:

In fairness I think she had headphones in at the time.

source wrote: »
    In fairness I think she had headphones in at the time.

Awww I did, I did! I promise! Didn't see ye at all :( Sorry guys :o:o Next time hit me over the back of the head to get my attention or sth (or shout SPIDER!!)....

When I have my earphones in I am totally unaware of the world... (Twas Zola Jesus!) though I was impressed how busy town was. I wish it was like that every weekend tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Getting rid of Win7 and installing Ubuntu again. 11.10 is going to be fun to play with, first time using unity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Anyone else notice that as part of the street renovations in town, those funky big light things and info flags on the pillars say William St. All well and good, except they're installed on sarsfield st also.

• Advertisement

Visited M&S(I know I know - you haters) and Iceland in Clonmel. We really could do with an Iceland. The prices are good and the choice is great. 3 Litres of Dr Pepper(1 Bottle) for €2.00 and other nice things. We were slightly hungover so bought the usual crap we really don't need but Rum & Raisin Ice Cream. That is one of lifes necessities. :D

One big dissapointment about the place is Stacy Solomon is the new "Face" of Iceland. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement