Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Thank god the phone hasnt rang, so no work today, however my feckin laptop doesnt seem to be charging........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Pat McDonagh is in the new Supermac's on Thomas Street! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Pat McDonagh is in the new Supermac's on Thomas Street! :P

Met him briefly for an assignment. Sound guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone know if easons in town is open late tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

anyone know if easons in town is open late tonight?

i can check in a few minutes for you D, my wife has me dragged downtown to do some "last minute" shopping, well, she does the shopping, i only carry the bags! :o

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    i can check in a few minutes for you D, my wife has me dragged downtown to do some "last minute" shopping, well, she does the shopping, i only carry the bags! :D

sweeeet

Thanking you!

i can check in a few minutes for you D, my wife has me dragged downtown to do some "last minute" shopping, well, she does the shopping, i only carry the bags! :D

sweeeet

Thanking you!

bah, in before my ninja edit, still having trouble with the smileys on the boards mobile! :mad:

now, anyway, easons opening hours this week- 18:45 close monday, tues, and sat, 20:45 close wed, thurs, fri... :)

now, anyway, easons opening hours this week- 18:45 close monday, tues, and sat, 20:45 close wed, thurs, fri... :)

Sweet...i can make 18:45

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sweet...i can make 18:45

Thanks!

Not if there is a bombscare earlier. :pac:

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not if there is a bombscare earlier. :pac:

I can still make it...i have security clearance...

I can still make it...i have security clearance...

You ain't got Kess clearance.:mad:

Unless of course you sing your song.:pac:

Oh yeah I almost forgot...............

Monday Rocks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

On the couch watching some cookery program with the missus, I've a massive bag of bacon fries and an ice cold bottle of thwaites wainwright golden ale.......mmmmmgood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Starting to annoy me now: people saying "The Christmas'

Starting to annoy me now: people saying "The Christmas'

join the club "this festive season", its one bloody day of the year, but nowadays its like its become an excuse for a month long spending spree! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

How's everyone set for the christmas? Did some shopping today, at a loss for a few gifts though. Heya Eclectic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

zuroph wrote: »
    How's everyone set for the christmas? Did some shopping today, at a loss for a few gifts though.
    Heya Eclectic!!

Thanks Zuroph :mad::mad::mad:

This time of year brings out the pedant in me, what can I say :o.... don't get me started on "Stephenses day"...

Like *where* does that comes from?? Nobody says Patrickses day like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

This time of year brings out the pedant in me, what can I say :o.... don't get me started on "Stephenses day"...

Ah come on Stephenses day is great, nobody knows what we're talking about hahah. Could be worse it could be boxingses day!!!

my wife just recognised why yer man on the apprentice showing on tv3 right now seemed so familiar, he's the son of the guy that owns the restaurant in the sports arena in UL! she mentioned he was often behind the counter when she used go in after her workout... :)

EDIT: it doesnt look like limerick will be getting a new restaurant any time soon after what it has to be said was an absolutely dismally written pie in the sky business plan, and an even worse business pitch! :|

my wife just recognised why yer man on the apprentice showing on tv3 right now seemed so familiar, he's the son of the guy that owns the restaurant in the sports arena in UL! she mentioned he was often behind the counter when she used go in after her workout... :)

EDIT: it doesnt look like limerick will be getting a new restaurant any time soon after what it has to be said was an absolutely dismally written pie in the sky business plan, and an even worse business pitch
    ! :|

Was a joke of a pitch to be honest. Top prize on the show is a package meant to be worth €200k, and in goes Limerick's finest with no proper details to his business plan and then says he needs a €2.1m investment.:D

Odin only knows where he thought he was going to start up a 12,500 square foot restaurant in the city centre.

Gas as well when he said there would be different fish on his menu. He gets asked to name a fish he would use and could not name a fish.:D

Over the 12 or so weeks of the show he came across as a decent enough sort, but not the brightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

EDIT: it doesnt look like limerick will be getting a new restaurant any time soon after what it has to be said was an absolutely dismally written pie in the sky business plan, and an even worse business pitch! :|

"You hear "Cornstore" and think of corn....hear Chocolat and think it sells chocolate...."

source wrote: »
    Ah come on Stephenses day is great, nobody knows what we're talking about hahah. Could be worse it could be boxingses day!!!

I have to work on Stephenses day this year! The joys of retail! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

source wrote: »

I have to work on Stephenses day this year! The joys of retail! :P

Only ever had to do that in HS! We do it xnas eve to avoid the 26th now, hence why Ive been in the damn stockroom for the last two weeks....

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Only ever had to do that in HS! We do it xnas eve to avoid the 26th now, hence why Ive been in the damn stockroom for the last two weeks....

Oh no, we're actually open the 26th. :eek:
    It's not just prep work.

Oh no, we're actually open the 26th. :eek:
    It's not just prep work.

Thats crazy!! :eek:
    Tis usually only HMV open the 26th.
    Id say you're run off your feet are ya? Tis my only day off today... *prepares for a loooooooooong week* :p

just occurs to me now alright you hadnt posted in here in a while, no wi-fi reception down in the stock room, eh? :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A woman after my own heart. Stephenseseseseseseses day comes from a bunch of muck savage silage eating country bumpkins. I heard one on the radio this morning with Hector(also a right bumpkin head) saying Stephenses.

That and Tesco(s) really gets me. And while I'm at it. Dear people of Kileely, Moyross, Thomondgate. It is NOT Supervalu anymore, it has been a Eurospar for a long long time. Get with it FFS. :mad:

just occurs to me now alright you hadnt posted in here in a while, no wi-fi reception down in the stock room, eh? :p;)

UP in the stock room :P and I'm far too busy to be boardsing with all the prep I've to do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Visited M&S(I know I know - you haters) and Iceland in Clonmel. We really could do with an Iceland. The prices are good and the choice is great. 3 Litres of Dr Pepper(1 Bottle) for €2.00 and other nice things. We were slightly hungover so bought the usual crap we really don't need but Rum & Raisin Ice Cream. That is one of lifes necessities. :D

One big dissapointment about the place is Stacy Solomon is the new "Face" of Iceland. :eek:

Oh god no - i would take M&S over Iceland anyday - Iceland is full of artificial junk! Besides that ad with Stacy Solomon does my head in!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Beer Baron wrote: »
    A woman after my own heart. Stephenseseseseseseses day comes from a bunch of muck savage silage eating country bumpkins. I heard one on the radio this morning with Hector(also a right bumpkin head) saying Stephenses.

That and Tesco(s) really gets me. And while I'm at it. Dear people of Kileely, Moyross, Thomondgate. It is NOT Supervalu anymore, it has been a Eurospar for a long long time. Get with it FFS. :mad:

Prefer Dunneses meself :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement