Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

(€58 like wtf?).

Ouchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Lying in bed listening to the wind howling, it's pretty bad out there tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

source wrote: »
    Lying in bed listening to the wind howling, it's pretty bad out there tonight!

I cant fooking sleep...and i should be asleep..

even my dog wont sleep...

stupid weather..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I cant fooking sleep...and i should be asleep..

even my dog wont sleep...

stupid weather..

Go for a walk

ah tis great to be back at work.....not!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ah tis great to have the day off! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in Dublin buying two adult tickets to Limerick and when he said

"€98 please"
    "Sorry, no, two adult tickets one way"
    "That is one way"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thrown on expenses but still. I couldn't believe it. His expression didn't change when I said I could get the Luas to Bus Aras for Free and a bus to Dublin airport AND fly to another country for less than that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That reminds me....I have to get a new student travel card. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »

"€98 please"
    "That is one way"

Thrown on expenses but still. I couldn't believe it. His expression didn't change when I said I could get the Luas to Bus Aras for Free and a bus to Dublin airport AND fly to another country for less than that. :(

You could have got a bus to Limerick for about a tenner each.

phog wrote: »
    You could have got a bus to Limerick for about a tenner each.

Yes but I was in the train station before I realised that. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Beer Baron wrote: »

"€98 please"
    "That is one way"

And then they complain and whine and can't figure it out, when they don't get passenger numbers. The cost of rail in this country is a joke.

ah here

i just sent a work email and signed it

Thanks

D

in bold and all....

I think i need to step away from the internet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The bus fare for local buses goes from €1.60 to €1.70 in the morning just to let ye bus users know! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

IO i know you're a hats guy, they have some nice fedoras in debenhams for half price, €20! im in here now (i know, standing in the middle of the shop like an idiot on the phone, but i wouldnt have remembered by the time i'd have got home to post it!) i managed to pick myself up a nice shirt and tie set for half the usual price at €31, down from €62! im only sickened that they actually CAN sell them at these prices, and just before christmas i bought a set FOR christmas paying full whack! :(

EDIT: just coming out of dunnes harveys quay there (idiots had no bags, again!) but on my way in i noticed a big sign saying "FREE PARKING", 'excellent!' i thought, 'must be part of the new city council initiative.', upon further inquiry however, it transpires its actually not free at all, unless you spend over €30, then they give you €1.20 off your shopping, the logical conclusion i would draw from that then is- you get a miniscule discount on your shopping, but you still have to pay a small fortune for the car park! there's a little asterisk on the sign alright, but that only tells you to look for the "P sign" for participating businesses!

"we're irish", their slogan says... you dont say, ha, because thats as bloody irish as it gets- 'free parking' my nut! irish alright- cute hoors! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

xsiborg wrote: »
    IO i know you're a hats guy, they have some nice fedoras in debenhams for half price, €20! im in here now (i know, standing in the middle of the shop like an idiot on the phone, but i wouldnt have remembered by the time i'd have got home to post it!) i managed to pick myself up a nice shirt and tie set for half the usual price at €31, down from €62! im only sickened that they actually CAN sell them at these prices, and just before christmas i bought a set FOR christmas paying full whack! :(

Nice one! Thanks for the info. I'll try to pop in there tomorrow before work for a look around. :)

Booked a trip to Berlin. Paid for flights but no money for a hotel. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah Berlin is a super city - nice beer 'n all!

came across this 404 on the touch mobile version of boards, somebody was bored in the office, gave me a giggle anyway-

ScreenCap000001.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just posted a serious offer in the restaurant thread, we should finally get the steaks and beers meet up going again!!!

zuroph wrote: »
    just posted a serious offer in the restaurant thread, we should finally get the steaks and beers meet up going again!!!

that's actually an exceptional deal considering i paid €21 for an 8oz steak dinner in the Clarion yesterday, pint of guinness was extra, so even one 14oz steak, let alone TWO, AND a bottle of wine? "wow!" is all i can say! :eek:

• Advertisement

just standing outside the old dunnes now eyeballing the occupy limerick tent, i decided to come out from behind my keyboard as my curiosity has peaked, i wanted to bring coffee or biscuits or something but spar didnt have any fair trade coffee and i figured other brands might be met with disapproval, but, i digress.

anyway, here goes nothing, *makes like socially awkward penguin*... :D

EDIT: cant find the damn entrance! :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nice one! Thanks for the info. I'll try to pop in there tomorrow before work for a look around. :)

The selection of hats ended up being very disappointing! The only one I liked the shape of was a very dark brown colour, which wouldn't have gone with anything else I wear.

On the bright side, the shirts and trousers were going for great prices.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The selection of hats ended up being very disappointing! The only one I liked the shape of was a very dark brown colour, which wouldn't have gone with anything else I wear.

On the bright side, the shirts and trousers were going for great prices.

:cool:

Hang on. You wear fedoras?!?!?!?!?!

Can you actually pull off the look or what? A fedora can be a hard look to rock imho.

The only men that I have seen wear one of late and look right in one are Charlie Sheen and Brad Pitt. Although it may have been that the former had not idea he was wearing one. Seen plenty of women rock the look.

Anyone else I have seen in one have had a vagina* or were Paul Galvin.

*May or may not mean Pete Doherty :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Kess73 wrote: »
    Can you actually pull off the look or what? A fedora can be a hard look to rock imho.

Please allow me, as a lady of considerable style and taste to confirm that our venerable Overlord carries off the Fedora with much aplomb and panache :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Rock on with your bad self, IO!

Please allow me, as a lady of considerable style and taste to confirm that our venerable Overlord carries off the Fedora with much aplomb and panache :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You are far too kind! :D

christ its bitter out! right now i just want to get home and occupy my bed! :D

Well he does have an advantage that most would not have if he ever wants to make himself appear more well dressed than he is, or make himself look more attractive than he is. He can just go out with the new Calvin Klein product at his side.

Now what is it called again?

Oh yes, CK Shorty ;)

No wonder IO is mates with him :p

christ its bitter out! right now i just want to get home and occupy my bed! :D

That the new protest site? :D

If it makes ya feel any better the dog (four legged) wanted to take the other dogs (also four legged) out for a walk, and I had to go with them in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Proof that guys + fedoras = hot (especially if they are Jake Gyllenhaal...)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSvS1BsdL5WnkbNLxkC1gW4lqRafCkYc8J_2JxTaBhx_s1C7VM_A

QED

• Advertisement

Proof that guys + fedoras = hot (especially if they are Jake Gyllenhaal...)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSvS1BsdL5WnkbNLxkC1gW4lqRafCkYc8J_2JxTaBhx_s1C7VM_A

QED

Yeah I see what you mean...............

600full-frank-miller.jpg

Sorry Frank. You may be a comic book legend, but you ain't Indy. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement