Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

xsiborg wrote: »
    i hear he's been offered a job by sean sherlock, to take down the internet and rid the world of copyright theft with his minecraft erm, "superpowers"! :D

well, lots of superheroes discover their hidden powers by accident, and as accidents go, taking down a feckin' gameserver by accident is right up there! :pac:

Hehe, brilliance! :P

Also, I prefer this picture:

197266_10150224460866110_118905706109_9049189_7585212_n.jpg

Or... Maybe this one! :P

305711_267823699909644_100000460484700_937484_1103555797_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

her face says it all really snipe! i think ya bribed the judges for that ribbon meself! :D

howd you know :( Know thats the actual miss gay limerick but I "borrowed" her sash! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Weird. Snipe's head and my height/body equals Chris Hemsworth.:D

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19100000/Chris-Hemsworth-chris-hemsworth-19135851-959-1222.jpg

And I even have a tattoo of Mjolnir to further tie in the Thor/Hemsworth link. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Weird. Snipe's head and my height/body equals Chris Hemsworth.:D

yknow Kess with all the snipey/stalky messing that ye do in here, i thought at first you meant THIS guy:

www.mediaite-1.jpeg

the guy from 'to catch a predator- Chris HANSEN! :D

as for yourself Kess, this image comes to mind:

Predator_(1987)_-_The_Predator.jpg

the silent slice and dice guy! :D

• Advertisement

scaled.php?server=688&filename=agrandballerinnafunnypi.jpg&res=landing

imo :P

Will never look anything like that, Snipe. Never.:D

I like training hard, and I like being physically fit. Just could not imagine not being able to work out, train or run and/or being the type who is puffing for breath after a few flights of stairs.

Johnny Giles at the Lady Of Lourdes centre today.

The Snipe wrote: »
    She has a boyfriend Kess
    A girl that actually wants to talk to you and you find a fault with her????? She did not look that short to me, but then again she was standing beside you so that would have masked how short she was.:p

Just quoting these for relevance..

Well... I kinda fixed that problem... erm... accidentally :o:o:o:o

Just quoting these for relevance..

Well... I kinda fixed that problem... erm... accidentally :o:o:o:o

snipe you dawg! :D

clearly when you set your sniper sight on something, eh? :pac:

nice one anyway, and hope it works out great for the both of ye... :)

• Advertisement

I'm not going out with her or anything!

Its just erm... I'm kinda the reason her and her boyfriend erm... now... hate eachother! :o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

wtf is this thread about :pac:

I'm not going out with her or anything!

Its just erm... I'm kinda the reason her and her boyfriend erm... now... hate eachother! :o:o:o:o:o

So Kess was right. Was kind of obvious that the girl by the wheely bin was into ya though.

Yes, you were right! Damn you alcohol!

The booze did not cause anything to happen that each party did not want anyway.

Snipe the lady magnet.

IO the something magnet. :pac:

Well I wasn't that interested in her! Which is the thing! But hell, shifting two of my best friends in two days? Why the **** not! :D

Well I wasn't that interested in her! Which is the thing! But hell, shifting two of my best friends in two days? Why the **** not! :D

snipe and his new girl go on a date:

NSFW!!

:pac:

Greenfields girl and IO? :eek:

Greenfields girl and IO? :eek:

Greenfields girl and bcg Dublin girl, basically the two you saw me with :P

Greenfields girl and bcg Dublin girl, basically the two you saw me with :P

Ahh the girl from last Saturday whom I thought was the same girl that was with you by the wheelybin on Thursday.

You must really have moves like a young Jagger, despite me once saying you were closer to the current version of Jagger in terms of moves.

Is the ex BF of Greenfields girl now gonna come looking for ya? Best be telling him that BCG is part of my turf now and I won't put up with attacks on any of my peons.:D

• Advertisement

Nah he's not - farmers don't know their way around very well ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hi folks,

We (the 3 Midwest mods) have been a bit concerned about the way this thread has been used recently. The original intention was to create a useful outlet as an alternative to the posting of off-topic chat/banter/in-jokes in other threads. As a system it has been working pretty well (there was a time when any kind of a cheeky reply on this forum, even among friends, could be red carded) and the thread has dramatically improved the general atmosphere of the Limerick forum. :)

The problem, we feel, is that some of the running jokes are beginning to take too prominent a place in the Waffle Thread. It makes for some uncomfortable reading at times, and could be off-putting to potential new posters. This has been known to happen on other forums on Boards before now in similar social threads, so it's by no means a unique/new problem.

We feel the best solution for the time being is to give the thread a short break. It should last just for a day or two. This is a chance to re-focus on quality discussion of local events, topics and interests.

Some personal stories/anecdotes/in-jokes might better be shared via PM, or on other social media. The Internet is a very public place, and this is a very widely read website. When this thread is open again, remember to think before you post (lest it come back to embarrass someone in the future ;) ).

Thanks also to the few posters who sent PMs in the last few hours. We're always happy to respond to queries, so any further questions about this thread can be directed to us via that channel.

IO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And we're live again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Going straight to the pub after work last night was a great idea, until I woke up this morning realised I had work at ten..................a painful day but its over now......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I've just discovered that hunky dorys "flaming chilli" tortillas are not chilli and are the furthest thing from flaming!

A very poor substitute for Doritos chilli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

source wrote: »
    I've just discovered that hunky dorys "flaming chilli" tortillas are not chilli and are the furthest thing from flaming!

Did you get a load a burnt ones too? Had the cheesy version rather than chilli.
    Very disappointing considering Hunky Dorys crisps are by far my favourite "standard*" crisps

*standard meaning no pretentious "hand prepared on the thighs of virgins from a centuries old authentic recipe that'll be €3 please"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was wondering why no work was being done on the Tipperary Flyover on the N24. Found out today when they returned to work that they were given the Easter 2 weeks off work. :eek:

Why bloody start if you are going to go on holidays? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I was wondering why no work was being done on the Tipperary Flyover on the N24. Found out today when they returned to work that they were given the Easter 2 weeks off work. :eek:

Why bloody start if you are going to go on holidays? :confused:

Ah now you could not expect them to carry out road works for the two weeks when traffic is that little bit quiter could you? Crazy talk :rolleyes:

Whoever designed that juction in the first place really needs to consider a new career.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

langdang wrote: »
    source wrote: »

Did you get a load a burnt ones too? Had the cheesy version rather than chilli.
    Very disappointing considering Hunky Dorys crisps are by far my favourite "standard*" crisps

*standard meaning no pretentious "hand prepared on the thighs of virgins from a centuries old authentic recipe that'll be €3 please"

To be honest, I stopped after about 10 of them, they were that horrible, I just chucked the bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement