Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

New lappy purchased today, removing bloatware is annoying, as is downloading decent software. But shiny new kit is always fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

source wrote: »
    New lappy purchased today, removing bloatware is annoying, as is downloading decent software. But shiny new kit is always fun.

Im Jealous. My 7yr old laptop( I think ) is so old now that the AC Adaptor sometimes just decides not to bother working and will only work when completely straight. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

PC Decrapifier source... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Im Jealous. My 7yr old laptop( I think ) is so old now that the AC Adaptor sometimes just decides not to bother working and will only work when completely straight. :confused:

That is a pun fest waiting to escape :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    That is a pun fest waiting to escape :p

i said i couldn't do it Kess, lol, im trying to be sensible and limerick related now in the waffle thread, but just on that BB, i have a universal charger here you can borrow to try out if you want before you go forking out for a new one... :)

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    i said i couldn't do it Kess, lol, im trying to be sensible and limerick related now in the waffle thread, but just on that BB, i have a universal charger here you can borrow to try out if you want before you go forking out for a new one... :)

Thanks but I'm sure my father can pick one up at work for free. (here's hoping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Oh yes, Beer Baron, I was meaning to ask you! Me and IO were talking the other day and you came to mind -- are you able to source Hogarden? And more importantly, the Hogarden Pint Glasses? :D

Yeah I had that too, plans for the old one (6ish years old) are: make it into a hub connected to the tv connect my hard drives to it and make a htpc out of it.

The Snipe wrote: »
    Oh yes, Beer Baron, I was meaning to ask you! Me and IO were talking the other day and you came to mind -- are you able to source Hogarden? And more importantly, the Hogarden Pint Glasses? :D

You can get the glasses on drinkstore.ie €4 a pop.

Yeah I had that too, plans for the old one (6ish years old) are: make it into a hub connected to the tv connect my hard drives to it and make a htpc out of it.

get yourself a usb tv stick for it too source and you'll have the ability to view and record/pause/rewind saorview... :)

• Advertisement

No, It's done by Inbev. Cannot buy from them yourself directly and mostly prefer to sell through agents instead like Kellys in Cahir or Western Beverages.

So I cannot get it or any glasses. :(

Okay, thanks anyway :(

Guess me and Thomas will have to just Get them in town :D

Okay, thanks anyway :(

Guess me and Thomas will have to just Get them in town :D

Once more, drinkstore.ie for €4 each.

Would you though? They get them for free and then you'd give them €4 per glass. Madness really. Prefer to "borrow" one long term from a pub to be honest.

I have a few of these knocking around myself for the Euro 2012. Going for about €5 on Ebay. I should go mad. :D

202009_1.jpg

Would you though? They get them for free and then you'd give them €4 per glass. Madness really. Prefer to "borrow" one long term from a pub to be honest.

I have a few of these knocking around myself for the Euro 2012. Going for about €5 on Ebay. I should go mad. :D

202009_1.jpg

I did for a few Innis & Gunn glasses, but they're a bit harder to find than the Hoegaarden glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

202009_1.jpg

oh,that looks nice.

Lets bring back the waffle to the random waffle thread! :D

Stupid fukin wind blew down the hoarding around my extension. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Stupid fukin wind blew down the hoarding around my extension. :mad:

It's pretty bad out there alright

i didnt want to derail the cheapest petrol thread with this one, but Kess' post reminded me of this guy:

carsten_norgaard_a_p.jpg

Carsten Norgaard

Other Works:

Appeared in a number of Statoil adverts in Ireland.

:D

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    i didnt want to derail the cheapest petrol thread with this one, but Kess' post reminded me of this guy:

carsten_norgaard_a_p.jpg

Carsten Norgaard

:D

ahh Carsten. He played the role of Erik in the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

He was also the Iceland coach in D2:The Mighty Ducks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Anyone else cringe reading that Michael O'Doherty had to apologise over a joke he made about Limerick on Come Dine With Me?

Some barrister contacted TV3 demanding an apology:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/publisher-apologises-to-people-of-limerick-over-tv-comments-1-3739235

Some people need to relax a little

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Anyone else cringe reading that Michael O'Doherty had to apologise over a joke he made about Limerick on Come Dine With Me?

Some barrister contacted TV3 demanding an apology:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/publisher-apologises-to-people-of-limerick-over-tv-comments-1-3739235

Some people need to relax a little

I take it you must have missed Live95fm's coverage of the "massive insult" to all Limerick people and the amount of time they gave to this non event over a few days including getting that Michael O'Doherty on air to get an apology from him and giving that Barrister Nix loads of airtime to shout his views over and over and over.

If you think the stuff in the Leader is cringeworthy (and it is) then you should try to find the radio stuff which really sounds the work of some country hicks who think that all of Dublin are out to get them.

Was Live95fm showing why it is nothing more than a mickey mouse station that gives great unintentional comedic moments. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    I take it you must have missed Live95fm's coverage of the "massive insult" to all Limerick people and the amount of time they gave to this non event over a few days including getting that Michael O'Doherty on air to get an apology from him and giving that Barrister Nix loads of airtime to shout his views over and over and over.

If you think the stuff in the Leader is cringeworthy (and it is) then you should try to find the radio stuff which really sounds the work of some country hicks who think that all of Dublin are out to get them.

Was Live95fm showing why it is nothing more than a mickey mouse station that gives great unintentional comedic moments. :D

Thanks be to bejaysus I don't listen to that.

I gave up on the radio once Gerry Hannon was put off the air :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Have a major week ahead starting monday at 7.30 am and will last untill saturday circa 4pm(hopefully) but for now I have a proper Irish coffee in my hand(poitin), next week will be conquered............................................................................................................................as long as I don't go at the poitin tomorrow..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone know where to pick up microfiber cloths in limerick...for cleaning a visor on a helmet..i assume i could pick them up somewhere other than having to go to meskels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Tescos often have them or have you tried Halfords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

steveon wrote: »
    Tescos often have them or have you tried Halfords

ah halfords...i try to forget they exist...ill pop in to them at lunch tomorrow..

cheers steveon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

ah halfords...i try to forget they exist...ill pop in to them at lunch tomorrow..

cheers steveon

Anytime mate :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement