Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might as well put it up as it is damn catchy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Marcus Schossow, tone diary podcast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78461166&postcount=1
    Dose anyone know if there are any comedy clubs in Limerick? Or anywhere that has an open-mic, stand up comedy night?

Been looking for about 6 months now and I'm beginning to think I'll have to travel to Galway/Cork/Dublin if I want to try out material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

There is on that is inside in Riddlers First Friday every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17963855

Some sad news guys, MC-A from the Beastie Boys has passed away, absolutely gutted, as I love the Beastie Boys.

A great loss to music,

RIP Adam Yauch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

source wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17963855

Some sad news guys, MC-A from the Beastie Boys has passed away, absolutely gutted, as I love the Beastie Boys.

A great loss to music,

RIP Adam Yauch.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

does anyone know whether there was a thread about hauntings in limerick? can't seem to find it using the normal search toolsies xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Can anyone in castletroy hear thunder or am I imagining it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

does anyone know whether there was a thread about hauntings in limerick? can't seem to find it using the normal search toolsies xx

Possibly this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69971296

...or this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70096818

Those were the only semi-recent ones I could find. Start a new thread if you like. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Boardsies....

i need a hill...

must be roughly 100m's long....with a decent incline...noting vertical now :)

suggestions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Boardsies....

i need a hill...

suggestions...

What for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Boardsies....

i need a hill...

suggestions...
    To do what exactly?cratloe has its fair share of them

To do what exactly?cratloe has its fair share of them

sprints...

yes it does...are they all road based? or are there some off the road where i wont get run over by some smarmy lad in his convertible :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

sprints...

yes it does...are they all road based? or are there some off the road where i wont get run over by some smarmy lad in his convertible :p

Nice hill as you just go in past the barrier beside the playground,might suffice

i shall check it out....

i wish there was one nearer home...i only need to be there for like 20 minutes...

all i can see from my house is flat land and trees...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

Would St Patricks road do you? Footpaths and fairly safe.

adaminho wrote: »
    Would St Patricks road do you? Footpaths and fairly safe.

looked at google maps there

thats actually perfect...and the green area at the bottom and all....

they are richmonds pitches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

they are richmonds pitches?

Afaik they're communal pitches for Gaa and rugby with Geradines pitch further over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

sprints...

I see lads from the boat club run up the hill at Strandville gardens, no idea on how long it is.

Actually, if you go to the back gate of Cratloe Woods and enter the wood from the car park side (as in, do not cross the public road) and run up that hill it would be a nice run, it's a cul de sac but goes in for a good 500m or 1km maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We've done a few different trails around Cratloe for GAA training over the last few years.

I know of one that fits your descriptions perfectly.
    There's another section on the BMX trail that's much steeper for serious incline sprints.
    And of course there's the 4 km between the front gate and the back if you're mixing up a bit of endurance with your explosive stuff.

• Advertisement

Some poor old woman just tripped and tumbled down the escalators in Aurthurs Quay, from the very top to the bottom. The poor misfortune. Luckily the security guards and a few bystanders were on hand with a firstaid kit etc. to give her a hand.

The Snipe wrote: »
    Some poor old woman just tripped and tumbled down the escalators in Aurthurs Quay, from the very top to the bottom. The poor misfortune. Luckily the security guards and a few bystanders were on hand with a firstaid kit etc. to give her a hand.

Shouldn't you be at school? :p

Shouldn't you be at school? :p

Where?!?!?! :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Hi all, first time poster here :)

Quick question :

Anyone know anywhere in Limerick that will cash a cheque?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Hi all, first time poster here :)

Quick question :

Anyone know anywhere in Limerick that will cash a cheque?

I know that if the cheque was issued from a limerick branch, they'll cash it there and then. Other than that I don't know.

Cash Converters on Parnell St. I think would do it.

Guys, does anyone have a usb 3.0 cable I could borrow/buy. Looks like this: http://www.lindy.ie/lindyshop/pictures/31892big.jpg

Or know anywhere for definite that I could get one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow - would that not have killed her?? They are very steep! Or was it the travelator?

Cash Converters on Parnell St. I think would do it.

Guys, does anyone have a usb 3.0 cable I could borrow/buy. Looks like this: http://www.lindy.ie/lindyshop/pictures/31892big.jpg

Or know anywhere for definite that I could get one! :)

PC World, Maplin etc should all stock them. Be way cheaper to order one online though.

My day in numbers: 100th poem posted. :cool:
    200th Tweet up next. :pac:
    15,000 posts on the horizon! :eek:

• Advertisement

My day in numbers: 100th poem posted. :cool:
    200th Tweet up next. :pac:
    15,000 posts on the horizon! :eek:

How would you like your first insult of the day?:p

Swiftly followed by my first yellow card of the day :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement