Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Some retail and residential buildings with a green park in the middle would make a massive difference, it is preety dull down this side of the city compared to bedford row and thomas st. Limerick has so much potential!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

On live 95fm scaffolding has been put up for engineer to see what work needs to be done to prevent further deterioration.

No future plan has been decided for opera centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

AFAIK The entire buildings aren't protected only certain parts of them would be. Atleast thats how my father explained it, when they were above there in Glynns before they moved.

Excuse the ignorance, who's Mr. Xavier? As far as I'm aware, he's the professor in x-men :p

Whats the story with the opera centre? The plans to do it up were scrapped weren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Excuse the ignorance, who's Mr. Xavier? As far as I'm aware, he's the professor in x-men :p

that'd be me dave, haha, long story... :D
    Whats the story with the opera centre? The plans to do it up were scrapped weren't they?

so they spent €12.5m on it, and then they couldnt figure out what they wanted to do with it? honestly, they should seriously be held accountable to somebody for the way they píss money away like it was going out of fashion!

correction- it HAS gone out of fashion, LCC never got the memo so they still squander money on white elephant buildings, lollipop lamps on william street and painting 'park anywhere taxi ranks' on every street!

i've got a seven year old child here would do a better job of city street planning and amenities than these bufoons! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

xsiborg wrote: »
    that'd be me dave, haha, long story... :D

so they spent €12.5m on it, and then they couldnt figure out what they wanted to do with it? honestly, they should seriously be held accountable to somebody for the way they píss money away like it was going out of fashion!

correction- it HAS gone out of fashion, LCC never got the memo so they still squander money on white elephant buildings, lollipop lamps on william street and painting 'park anywhere taxi ranks' on every street!

i've got a seven year old child here would do a better job of city street planning and amenities than these bufoons! :mad:

What was the comment that the current mayor made before Xmas? That work would start on the centre in either 30 days or 90 days? Pretty sure that similar lines were trotted out by those that came before him as well.

And the €12.5m spent on it is small change compared to what the Opera centre project has cost to date. Over €100m has gone into the project and there is nothing to show for that money save for a boarded up city centre street.

On live 95fm scaffolding has been put up for engineer to see what work needs to be done to prevent further deterioration.

No future plan has been decided for opera centre.

That line pretty much sums up the whole Opera centre project. A lot of talk about how it (along with other pie in the sky projects) were about to revitalise Limerick city centre. No doubt the out of town centres will be blamed as usual with no blame at all being put on the so called "experts" behind the city centre projects.

As I said, city centre has incredible potential. Why can't somebody compentent come along and take the reigns off those buffoons, as Mr. Xavier called them ;)

As I said, city centre has incredible potential. Why can't somebody compentent come along and take the reigns off those buffoons, as Mr. Xavier called them ;)

Too big a gravy train for those who make the decisions for them to ever go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Haven't seen one of these in a while! :P

I'd love to know who's going to buy these homes.
    Planning permission for development of mixed-use scheme at the former Greenpark Racecourse. The development includes a residential scheme which will consist of 353 residential units; consisting of 112 no. apartments, 17 no. maisonette apartments, 54 no. semi-detached units and 70 no. detached houses, 43 no. terraced houses, 29 no. duplex units and 28 no. apartments below duplex and playgrounds. The application also includes a neighbourhood centre incorporating; a creche, retail unit, coffee shop, doctor/dentist office. The application includes parking for approximately 725 vehicles at ground and basement level, ancillary site works, access roads and hard and soft landscaping. The application also includes the provision of a major recreation amentiy area incorporating playing pitches, changing facilities, informal recreation areas, landscaped amenity areas, ancillary parking (approx 100 vehicle spaces), a playground and hard and soft landscaping. An EIS applic. SEE ATTACHED SCHEDULE

• Advertisement

Couldn't find any links for this but Thornton's Chocolates on Cruises st. has a sale on at the moment, 10%, 20% and 50% off a wide selection.

Picked some up for the missus, some extra brownie points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Couldn't find any links for this but Thornton's Chocolates on Cruises st. has a sale on at the moment, 10%, 20% and 50% off a wide selection.

And there I was thinking you were doing something nice for me -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Off to look at a new flat tomorrow evening - have that first date excited feeling, what with trying to make a good impression and getting ready for the awkward questioning lol \o/

good find Dave, and im sure it was just a happy coincidence that you happened to get a bargain! not to worry, the intention was there at least, lol, as was the local bargain alert thread, but thats probably a long gone zombie thread by now... :(
    SarBear wrote:
    And there I was thinking you were doing something nice for me -_-

Dave i hear they've a special on 'im sorray' cards down in easons, the cards were meant to say 'bite me', but due to the misprint, well... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ugh...

that is all

D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ugh...

that is all

D

How's Cat-Modding working out for you? :P

ugh...

that is all

D

he's probably squatting holding up the weight of the workload, up to his kettle balls in it even! :D

Cat modding is fine. Loving it actually

he's probably squatting holding up the weight of the workload, up to his kettle balls in it even! :D

Poor attempt...

ugh...

that is all

D

I hear ya brother :/

• Advertisement

Whats going on in arthurs quay park? Saw they have two or three cranes and are lowering a few shipping crates into the centre of the park.

And we just got an email un work to say our fire assembly point has changed until mid august (tis usually the park).

Anyone have any clue?

ah, that must be the flat pack self-assembly bulldozer i ordered from argos! :p

no seriously, no idea dave, hopefully they're ripping up the bricks and laying fresh grass seeds for the summer and cleaning it all up a bit. its an awful pity but how the bins are ever full is beyond me when theres cans and broken glass strewn about the place, i havent been in there much since three years ago when the young lad took a face plant off the steps and onto the bricks where he got a faceful of grit and glass.

he's grand now though, full credit due to the staff at st. johns! :)

Could be for that demolition company on Patricks St.

no seriously, no idea dave, hopefully they're ripping up the bricks and laying fresh grass seeds for the summer and cleaning it all up a bit. its an awful pity but how the bins are ever full is beyond me when theres cans and broken glass strewn about the place, i havent been in there much since three years ago when the young lad took a face plant off the steps and onto the bricks where he got a faceful of grit and glass.

Speaking of things being ripped up, I saw the section by the O'Connell statue that had the nice flowers and plants being torn up this morning and it appeared that the flower/plant area was being replaced with stone/concrete.

Hope not though, as that spot looks really good when it is full of flowers, especially on a sunny day. It really brightens up the area and makes for a nice sight upon entering or leaving the city on that side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Somebody else told me Kess they were moving the base of the statue or something.

Actually I did see the work on Patrick Street. It was a welcome site to see, WORK on a buildling on any kind. :D

Whats going on in arthurs quay park? Saw they have two or three cranes and are lowering a few shipping crates into the centre of the park.

And we just got an email un work to say our fire assembly point has changed until mid august (tis usually the park).

Anyone have any clue?

Haha so goodbye to arthurs quay folks, Brendan is on the loose with a 12 tonne bulldozer :p

Ah jaysus poor young fella, sounds like a right fall. Ah sure any bit of sun and you get the scum into the park drinking and fighting. He's just lucky he didnt land on a needle!!

Haha so goodbye to arthurs quay folks, Brendan is on the loose with a 12 tonne bulldozer :p

vroom vroom, beep beep! coming through... :pac:

they could always draft in Zuroph to move that statue! it'd only take a few minutes of his concentration, save months of traffic chaos! :p

Oi Brendan! Wait until mine is set up! These damn Ikea bulldozers are impossible! We can race! :D

The Snipe wrote: »
    Oi Brendan! Wait until mine is set up! These damn Ikea bulldozers are impossible! We can race! :D

ah you should've got it in argos snipe, i had to go out to the argos extra store on the childers road for mine, the 'home delivery only' option wasnt available so i told them 'surprise me!'... :D

bet you didnt get go faster stripes, no fear decals and a volkswagen badge with yours? *thumbs nose* :pac:

after this im heading down to o' connell street with 'lofty' the crane from my bob the builder set to move some statue, you can take a few snaps for the limerick post and the tourists would flock to limerick to see the 'moving statue'- €10million for the city in tourism revenues, we'll be back on the map in no time and niall collins wont be getting his knickers in a twist! :D

feck this craic im in the wrong job altogether, im running for a job as a city planner, then while im there i can attend night classes ineptitude, incompetency and cronyism so i can run for mayor! :p

The Snipe wrote: »
    I was actually! :P

Good, good. That way we were all laughing together. :)

• Advertisement

Now that was harsh! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement