Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Harder then at the person thing? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

The Snipe wrote: »
    Harder then at the person thing? :P

say what what? :D

That man.. person.. thing.. Erm... I know what you did last summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

roast's band should sing this song on Saturday night.. :D

That man.. person.. thing.. Erm... I know what you did last summer!

i swear officer, i though the school uniform was just fancy dress! :pac:

theres something about mary tesco lady... -__-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Actually, we were thinking of doing this.... :D

Not really though.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

roast wrote: »
    Actually, we were thinking of doing this.... :D

Not really though.... :pac:

money_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

There appear to be more buskers than usual around today.

Does anywhere in the city do furniture?

Looking to pick up like a flat pack set of drawers or a shelf unit...

Argos?

• Advertisement

Argos?

argos is cheap MDF dirt for the most part snipe, you might be better off dave having a look in carneys i think its called up at the top of the town near urlan tv. we bought a tv cabinet in there for €70 five years ago and its proper quality. they dont do flat pack but they deliver for free.

we bought a coffee table in argos and within a few weeks the screws in the hinge joints were loose and needed tightening, then it collapsed under the weight of a desktop computer i put down on it, and because it was only a veneered chipboard effort, the screws coming out took lumps out of the chipboard so it couldnt be re-assembled, €80 down the drain... :(

xsiborg wrote: »
    argos is cheap MDF dirt for the most part snipe, you might be better off dave having a look in carneys i think its called up at the top of the town near urlan tv. we bought a tv cabinet in there for €70 five years ago and its proper quality. they dont do flat pack but they deliver for free.

we bought a coffee table in argos and within a few weeks the screws in the hinge joints were loose and needed tightening, then it collapsed under the weight of a desktop computer i put down on it, and because it was only a veneered chipboard effort, the screws coming out took lumps out of the chipboard so it couldnt be re-assembled, €80 down the drain... :(

Cheers Brendan, got lazy today so will check 'em out during the week. Not looking for anything too fancy, just a small shelf unit. About 4ft high and about a foot wide... preferably with no back to it :P (yes I am picky)

Cheers Brendan, got lazy today so will check 'em out during the week. Not looking for anything too fancy, just a small shelf unit. About 4ft high and about a foot wide... preferably with no back to it :P (yes I am picky)

ah sure dave if thats all you need, there wont be much weight on it, and argos flat pack stuff the back is usually just tacked on to keep the frame together, so if you're not putting anything valuable in it i'd go with argos...

i know snipe, i know- 'thats what I said!'... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

There'll be no veneer on the faces on one side if ya leave it "backless" - not sure if that's an issue for ya. Have 2 of those Argos book/dvd/cd etc deep shelf units. Grand for the price.

In other news, Schneider Weisse nom nom nom

langdang wrote: »
    In other news, Schneider Weisse nom nom nom

is that another one of them crafty beers langdang? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

When did the CRH lads pack up the protest? Anyone know the outcome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

is that another one of them crafty beers langdang? :D
    If you mean made by beardy men in smallish batches, no!
    If you mean made by an old german brewery then yes!
    German wheat beer, picked it up as part of the Tesco 5-unusual-beers-for-10 offer. Plenty of ales and some other types on offer.
    To be honest, only the wheat beers would appeal to me in that offer - only ale I like is spitfire. Bought Tanglefoot "Badger" ale and to my palate it does taste like actual badgers were involved the brewing...

Roast are you playing tonight or next Saturday?

its tonight snipe, 9 o clock i think, be there or be square like me! :D

Damn, Cause I'm working tonight in O'Connells taking pic-tow-gwafs. I'll try make it down cause I'd love to get a copy of that EP! If not, any chance you could hold onto it for me? :D

• Advertisement

Damn, Cause I'm working tonight in O'Connells taking pic-tow-gwafs. I'll try make it down cause I'd love to get a copy of that EP! If not, any chance you could hold onto it for me? :D

Likewise, am extremely lazy after the week so won't make... am gutted I'm this lazy, was looking forward to it.

its tonight snipe, 9 o clock i think, be there or be square like me! :D
    Likewise, am extremely lazy after the week so won't make... am gutted I'm this lazy, was looking forward to it.

and suddenly-

:pac:

coulda gone in the decades thread too, lol :p

And I can hardly go on my own now, can I!? :P

The other half, while getting up to go to the kitchen, turns to me and asks -

"Can, sir?"...

Took us each about a spilt second before the shock left our faces and we were skittin' laughing :P

We're gonna burn in hell aren't we?! :eek:

"Can, sir?"...

Took us each about a spilt second before the shock left our faces and we were skittin' laughing :P

Yes, yes we are :D

Sar_Bear wrote: »

"Can, sir?"...

Yes, yes we are :D

its like deja vu... :p

ps- dave that dog is coming with us to the quiz! :D

not talking bout you sar! :eek:

oh here, shove over on that bench will ye, im going to hell too for that one, lol, i bring ze marshmallows for toasting... :pac:

its like deja vu... :p

ps- dave that dog is coming with us to the quiz! :D

not talking bout you sar! :eek:

oh here, shove over on that bench will ye, im going to hell too for that one, lol, i bring ze marshmallows for toasting... :pac:

har har har :P funny fúcker aren't ya?!

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    har har har :P funny fúcker aren't ya?!

half-trollface-transparent-white-regelkonform.png

emot-fckoff.gif

• Advertisement

Had a few pints while taking shots tonight.. IO Called in to keep me company. Ended up chatting with the funniest group of people ever, then going to the pig to find it was closed, so we decide to head to Nancy's, and who do we see, but the best ever quizmaster to ever walk the earth!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement