Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

xsiborg wrote: »
    but, but... the eurovision? :(

For shame....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

xsiborg wrote: »
    but, but... the eurovision? :(

For shame....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'm in town, so I can drop up. I've just got no beer :P

The Snipe wrote: »
    I'm in town, so I can drop up. I've just got no beer :P

Only people with beer are invited :P

In other news, what did peeps do for the day? Did ye make the most of it or were ye stuck in work?

Many a people around town and in the pubs :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was in Dublin, travelled by train, this old lady got on close to Dublin and produced egg sandwiches that were made last night and they stank to high heaven :(

BTW, still no wifi on the trains between Limerick and Dublin :eek:

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »

i was fairly disappointed with this myself after paying €65 for a return ticket! and while they have wi-fi on the buses, they have no legroom! :rolleyes:

as for the sandwich, lol, while i never brought my own, i wouldnt pay the extortionate prices they wanted for them on the train either, i literally DID starve til i got to dublin!

i can imagine it wasnt too healthy in the carriage though even with the windows down! what possesses someone to open egg sandwiches in a confined space like that? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Only people with beer are invited :P

In other news, what did peeps do for the day? Did ye make the most of it or were ye stuck in work?

Many a people around town and in the pubs :mad:

I enjoyed an extremely rare week day off work - and what a day I picked, I had lots of businessney household stuff to attend to - but at one point I just said to myself 'what's the rush, stop and have a coffee' and it was great, sat outside a coffee shop and soaked up some rays. Most of days are spent making coffee(the best in Limerick city IMO) for others and it was great having somebody else make it for change and sun to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I enjoyed an extremely rare week day off work - and what a day I picked, I had lots of businessney household stuff to attend to - but at one point I just said to myself 'what's the rush, stop and have a coffee' and it was great, sat outside a coffee shop and soaked up some rays. Most of days are spent making coffee(the best in Limerick city IMO) for others and it was great having somebody else make it for change and sun to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missus wants to know where's the best coffee in Limerick? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any ideas where I'd be able to pick up a wasabi sauce/dip/dressing in Limerick City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Any ideas where I'd be able to pick up a wasabi sauce/dip/dressing in Limerick City?

I've seen it in Tescos before, don't know what quality it would be though... aaaand now I want sushi :D

Ooooh where's this?? Jack Mondays in Thomondgate does pretty amazing coffee, and the place in the train station (ATM I think it's called) does great coffee too, you have to try their "froffee" (the equifilant to a starbucks frappacino). It's yummy, especially if you want a caffeine hit on a hot day, I get mine with caramel, nooom!

Limerick seriously needs a Starbucks. The one in UL is rubbish, been there a few times and they don't even have the full menu there :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know where I would be able to get a set of tongs for the fire? And one more thing, a decent nail brush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Limerick seriously needs a Starbucks. The one in UL is rubbish, been there a few times and they don't even have the full menu there :confused::(

The Starbucks in Mary I started doing frappuccinos recently! Pretty damn good in this weather.

Would still love a Starbucks in town though! Would even settle for a Costa! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've seen it in Tescos before, don't know what quality it would be though... aaaand now I want sushi :D

Which Tesco? I've had no luck in Coonagh Cross. :(

Twas the one in the crescent if that's any good to ya :)

The tescos out in the crescent :)

I didn't know there was a Starbucks in Mary I :eek: may have to take a stroll out there, am addicted to those frappacinos :D

am i right in thinking that wasabi sauce is that pale green goop they have in japan that'd burn the mouth off you?

it might be a longshot, but maybe, they stock it in the chinese wholesale shop there at the top of henry street? i must go in and ask tomorrow when im down that way... :)

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know where I would be able to get a set of tongs for the fire? And one more thing, a decent nail brush?

Barry's on High St. or Daly's on William St?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Yeah, bit of a pain alright. Only way to go is to get the train coming from Cork. Last few times I've used the wifi, it has been painfully slow. Might be something to do with the carraige I've been on but 3G was faster.

Voy wrote: »

Yeah, bit of a pain alright. Only way to go is to get the train coming from Cork. Last few times I've used the wifi, it has been painfully slow. Might be something to do with the carraige I've been on but 3G was faster.

the wi-fi on trains and buses is also 3G based, BUT, the major difference is that while the wi-fi on trains and buses uses a mobile 'mi-fi' router like a hot-spot, with many devices connected to it sharing the connection, the 3G on your phone has only you connecting to it.

the only other thing is that mobile wi-fi or 3G tethering isnt worth a damn when you're travelling between areas of the country where mobile reception is sketchy or non-existent... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Beer here anyone? Ye'll have to bring your own...and some for me :P

Saw clohessys was absolutely packed walking home work... jammy feckers :cool:

What if I bring an XBox? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Can't wait to finish work so I can go get hammered!
    Our HR department just hired an Ice-Cream van to come to our office and give us all ice-creams. :D nomnomnom

Cossax wrote: »
    What if I bring an XBox? :pac:

Has to be beer, we already have 2 xboxs in the apartment! :P

Voy wrote: »

Did you notice the serious lack of power sockets on the Cork/Dublin trains? I couldn't get over that the Limerick train has power supply all over the carriage while the Cork ones seems to have limited supply and offer free WiFi :eek:

Has to be beer, we already have 2 xboxs in the apartment! :P

Can't bring Stargate either, damn Dave anyway!

I can bring my bitchin' taste in music though! :cool:

Cossax wrote: »
    Can't bring Stargate either, damn Dave anyway!

I can bring my bitchin' taste in music though! :cool:

What kind of music?? Better not be that metal shouty stuff!! :P

What kind of music?? Better not be that metal shouty stuff!! :P

Ask Dave, he loves my taste in music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Anyone fancy a few summer beverages in town?

The Snipe wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a few summer beverages in town?

louise just reminded me too snipe i've to be out in the regional for half four for my hip x-ray, i forgot about it last month and re-scheduled for today, and then i'd even forgotten about it today! :rolleyes:

im not looking forward to getting a bus out there now, it'll be like a sweat box! and then thats even if the bus turns up at o connell monument! the way they've changed the bus stops around the city lately is just horribly confusing, you cant get the raheen bus from brown thomas any more either and the o connell monument stop is just unreliable! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

If I say would I get a siteban for advertising?

Took me while to learn it, never realised there was so much to the job, am proud of myself for managing a fairly successful spot.

• Advertisement

If I say would I get a siteban for advertising?

Took me while to learn it, never realised there was so much to the job, am proud of myself for managing a fairly successful spot.

PM would be more than welcome Birdie, im always looking for a nice coffee spot... :)

i was passing up by BDJ's there now off henry street and i noticed they're now doing milkshakes, badly needed in this weather, but i didnt get the chance to try one as i didnt have time! :(

they're still looking for experienced deli staff too btw if anyone is interested, might be no harm to drop them in a CV, i didnt catch the number to call but i imagine it wouldnt be too hard to find with a google search :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement