Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

xsiborg wrote: »
    eurovision and a box of bud from dunnes for €15 is my night sorted... :pac:

*ducks for cover*, lol, ah no, just metal isnt my scene at all, says me watching 'bee gees: one night only' on bio channel right now... :D

im just back from the park there and came round by clohessys- 'jam packed' isnt the word, the tables by the river were all full and inside too was fairly jammed, it feels like the long weekend already the way they had 'africa day' zumba exhibitions down in the park too! great to see some life in the town and all out enjoying the good weather! :)

whats in a box? 24? thats should be plenty to throw at the tv....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

whats in a box? 24? thats should be plenty to throw at the tv....

haha! 20 in a box D, fairness now as bargains go, since im not into my craft beers at all, and chances are i'll only drink maybe four or five out of the box and they'll be left there (all the more to throw at the tv says you! :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but the Limerick Classic & VW show is on tomorrow, from 10am onwards at Unigolf.Pretty big show tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but the Limerick Classic & VW show is on tomorrow, from 10am onwards at Unigolf.Pretty big show tbh.

Always a savage show...20th birthday this year too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd imagine a pretty big turnout with this weather at the moment.

• Advertisement

had to google where unigolf was- out by UL (clue is in the 'uni' i suppose :rolleyes:) but should be good for a family day out... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Nice one!! Gonna see if I can make that tomorrow! Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

the only other thing is that mobile wi-fi or 3G tethering isnt worth a damn when you're travelling between areas of the country where mobile reception is sketchy or non-existent... :(

That would explain a lot. Train seems to travel through most of those regions as well unfortunately.
    phog wrote: »
    Did you notice the serious lack of power sockets on the Cork/Dublin trains? I couldn't get over that the Limerick train has power supply all over the carriage while the Cork ones seems to have limited supply and offer free WiFi :eek:

Maybe that's intentional. Any time I go on the Limerick train, there have been less carriages and less people on it. Might be afraid the large volumes of people on the Cork/Dublin train could use too much power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So just back from been on the road all day, quick snack, cider, shower and change, more cider and down to Blind Pig in time for Warpath :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Roast if your here I'm in the orange Holland jersey :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Jaysus I love d'icon

I fûckin hate d'icon.

I'm so hungover :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I fûckin hate d'icon.

I'm so hungover :(

go back to bed for a while, still plenty of time to soak up some rays later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Went to the ev+a (how do you even pronounce that? e v plus a?) in the gallery yesterday. Nice but very small :(

Loved this bit :D
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/40305417

Went to the ev+a (how do you even pronounce that? e v plus a?) in the gallery yesterday. Nice but very small :(

Loved this bit :D
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/40305417

i was going to head out to the car exhibition out near UL but then i got the reminder text this morning to go down and give blood in st. johns pavillion, so perhaps we'll go visit the art gallery instead and see the new exhibitions... :)

i was going to head out to the car exhibition out near UL but then i got the reminder text this morning to go down and give blood in st. johns pavillion, so perhaps we'll go visit the art gallery instead and see the new exhibitions... :)

There is another small part of the EVA exhibition on display in the gallery in the Belltable, as far as I know it is opened today.

Birdie086 wrote: »

There is another small part of the EVA exhibition on display in the gallery in the Belltable, as far as I know it is opened today.

ah so THATS why the young lad asked were we going to the belltable!

honestly, he's only seven years of age and he's more clued into limerick than i am! he was having an awful tantrum because i wouldnt go down to st. johns pavillion the way he told me to, which would actually have been shorter than the way the sat nav had me go all the way up william street! :D

i couldnt find it anyway and went into some ginger lillies chinese place, asked the girl behind reception-

'excuse me, could you tell me where the blood donation place is?'

'sit-down or take-away?'

'er, no thanks, thank you!' :pac:

eventually found the place anyway, but couldnt donate blood as i'd had an x-ray done during the week, so they said when i get the results back and if its all ok, then i can donate again... :(

@xsiborg, go back to ginger Lillies to eat sometime, the food is nice,
    I rang once or twice for delivery, and one of those times I was counting the pennies, basically I didn't have enough money for what I wanted so changed my order, during the phonecall when I realised, he sent out what I actually wanted and threw in prawn crackers!! And this was a few years ago when there wasn't much questioning how much things were.

nice one birdie, yeah the place itself inside looked lovely but just why it gave me a giggle was when i went in looking for the blood donation clinic and she replied 'sit down or take away?'-

a take away for vampires? there's a niche market!

"i'll have some type O please, hold the garlic, extra haemoglobin"... :pac:

i think i need to go lie down... :rolleyes: :p

nice one birdie, yeah the place itself inside looked lovely but just why it gave me a giggle was when i went in looking for the blood donation clinic and she replied 'sit down or take away?'-

a take away for vampires? there's a niche market!

"i'll have some type O please, hold the garlic, extra haemoglobin"... :pac:

i think i need to go lie down... :rolleyes: :p

Life and its funny turns..............in your search for the blood donor clinic, on a
    Sunday, you found a new chinese restaurant...........that's Limerick city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    @xsiborg, go back to ginger Lillies to eat sometime, the food is nice,
    I rang once or twice for delivery, and one of those times I was counting the pennies, basically I didn't have enough money for what I wanted so changed my order, during the phonecall when I realised, he sent out what I actually wanted and threw in prawn crackers!! And this was a few years ago when there wasn't much questioning how much things were.

Around the corner from my parents house, they are so friendly and their snack menu is UNREAL

Gooooooodddd morning folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The Snipe wrote: »
    Gooooooodddd morning folks!

Afternoon :cool:

Anyone going to the quiz in O'Connells tonight?

I can't make it :(

Why so because?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be in. :)

I've been looking up team names online... I really wanna get the title of Best Team Name :D :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been looking up team names online... I really wanna get the title of Best Team Name :D :P

Have ye a full team for tonight or can I join up? :)

• Advertisement

Have ye a full team for tonight or can I join up? :)

IO can take my place if dave and sar havent put me on the transfer list already for knowing SFA at last weeks quiz! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement