Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i dont even want to think about this anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

i dont even want to think about this anymore

You should lie down for a bit!

You should lie down for a bit!

I think i will...

Cracking sky over limerick at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cracking sky over limerick at the moment

Spotted that. Went into the kitchen wondering where that funny red glow was coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Spotted that. Went into the kitchen wondering where that funny red glow was coming from.

It's coming from the end of the world in two days... dum dum DUM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

It's coming from the end of the world in two days... dum dum DUM!

Bit early isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

It depends on what time zone the end of the world starts in.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I heard the first few really loud bangers in weeks today!I guess their doing it now for Christmas and New Years.The supplies up in the market in Jonesborough must have been restocked!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I heard the first few really loud bangers in weeks today!I guess their doing it now for Christmas and New Years.The supplies up in the market in Jonesborough must have been restocked!

What part of Limerick was that? I heard one or two out the Childers Road side during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

What part of Limerick was that? I heard one or two out the Childers Road side during the week.

Im not a full time of resident of the city so maybe this has been going on for the past few weeks unknown to me but i've been in Dooradoyle all week.That's where i heard the few today.Normally they withhold fire untill New Years eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

If you were wondering about Jonesborough IO, its an Infamous market near the border. South Armagh? Down? Not sure -- I've only heard stories!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

langdang wrote: »
    If you were wondering about Jonesborough IO, its an Infamous market near the border. South Armagh? Down? Not sure -- I've only heard stories!

I wasn't, but thanks for the info anyway. :) Hadn't heard of that spot before.

I was just wondering what other parts of town were getting blown up this week. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was on my way home tonight walking after getting off the bus when two ambulances tried to battle their way through traffic past the south court hotel. Despite the blazing sirens the traffic parted way too slowly for comfort. It triggered a frustration emotion where I wanted to shout at cars to get the **** out of the way for them.

While the first ambulance passed on the road I was looking and through the side window mid transit I could see a paramedic doing chest compressions on somebody furiously with all his heart an might and with great emotion on his face while the ambulance raced towards the regional. And I felt a combination of sadness, shock and a feeling of wow! for the great job that paramedic's do.

I hope whoever it was survived. It was a humbling sight to see for the split second as the ambulance passed by.

~B

Cratloe woods...are the trails marked out there or are the even walking paths out there or is it fire roads or what?

anyone got any idea of the distances?

yes im aware this should be in the Clare forum :P

Speaking of Cratloe, is anyone doing the St.Stephen's Day Run from Caherdavin tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I see the Belltable is closing on January 7th. Seems to be mixed rumours as to whether it is a short term thing or a full time closure.

The five staff are to be let go.

Hope it turns out to be a short term thing as the Belltable has a lovely intimate atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Ah, no I hope not. The Belltable is a top notch venue, mentioned in despatches this week by Aidan Dunne in the Times. I hope the link I put in at the end works, I'm not great with this.

Saw Pigtown there this year and it was brilliant and don't they have a photography show on there till the end of January? I was waiting till the New Year to go and see it - have to get my skates on now ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/1227/1224328176466.html

fleabag wrote: »
    Ah, no I hope not. The Belltable is a top notch venue, mentioned in despatches this week by Aidan Dunne in the Times. I hope the link I put in at the end works, I'm not great with this.

Saw Pigtown there this year and it was brilliant and don't they have a photography show on there till the end of January? I was waiting till the New Year to go and see it - have to get my skates on now ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/1227/1224328176466.html

The front of this weekend's paper says the 7th January is when it closes and that they will be looking at ways to make it a more viable venture so that it can hopefully reopen in the future.

Fingers crossed that it really does turn out to be genuinely a temporary closing and not a full time one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

so I was in flannerys last night. not only was it dangerously over crowded, but a pint of Heineken cost €5! and it was completely flat.

finished it and left.

hope they're happy with all the business they did last night. I don't plan on going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Three 10year old(looked like it) came barrelling down the one way system next to Lidl on the Childers road against traffic and turned onto Childers road to a Garda jeep who gave chase. The parents should be sterilised if they allow that ****. It was a pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    so I was in flannerys last night. not only was it dangerously over crowded, but a pint of Heineken cost €5! and it was completely flat.

finished it and left.

hope they're happy with all the business they did last night. I don't plan on going back.

Same in Mollys, ridiculous. A fiver for one pint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Not good news when the city's main arts and theatre centre is closing down

Which Flannerys is that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

bigpink wrote: »

Which Flannerys is that
    across from the icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    across from the icon.

Pints are piss poor there anyway!

bigpink wrote: »

No it is not good news, but the Lime Tree theatre, which opened some months back in Mary I, is a very nice addition to the city on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Ormston House (opposite Arthur's Quay) also shows some superb art - as good as anything you'd see in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Cratloe woods...are the trails marked out there or are the even walking paths out there or is it fire roads or what?

anyone got any idea of the distances?

yes im aware this should be in the Clare forum :P

this !

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/uploads/tx_r3coillterecreationsites/Cratloe_01.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Strange request but does anyone know where I can get a panda Teddy and some small plumbing pipes in town? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The Snipe wrote: »
    Strange request but does anyone know where I can get a panda Teddy and some small plumbing pipes in town? :pac:

What sort of kinky shít are you into son?? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement