Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Snipe wrote: »
    Strange request but does anyone know where I can get a panda Teddy ? :pac:

Any of the euro stores/Penneys/Dunnes etc???
    and some small plumbing pipes in town

A&R Supplies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

What sort of kinky shít are you into son?? :confused:

Its a joke from August just after my birthday with my collapsed lung :D

Oh and cheers Phog, I'll give em a look! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Guys, does the table quiz still take place on Monday nights in O'Connells?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

timbertime wrote: »
    Guys, does the table quiz still take place on Monday nights in O'Connells?

It's no longer O'Connell's! That pub has gone back to its old name, The Old Quarter.
    The quiz stopped a few weeks before the change. I'll have to get on to one of the lads to find out if they have any plans to bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's no longer O'Connell's! That pub has gone back to its old name, The Old Quarter.
    The quiz stopped a few weeks before the change. I'll have to get on to one of the lads to find out if they have any plans to bring it back.

Has it changed hands?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Has it changed hands?

I don't know, but I'll try to find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Anywhere in the city doing a breakfast similar to the Eggs Mc Onion "The Wild Onion" used to serve? Oh I do miss it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Now you mention it, I vaguely remember walking past it over Christmas and the O'Connells signage had being taken down. Pity about the quiz, never managed to make one of them but was taking with fews friends the other day and we were going to head into it.
    Anyone know of any others quiz nights about the place?

JJ & Roger the two old General Managers took it over there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

ahhhh my own personal rant thread .

People of Limerick city and county ...TURN ON YOUR FECKING FOG LIGHTS WHEN IT'S FOGGY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to make the trip out to Adare and back in this morning at 8 o clock and the fog was pretty bad and two cars and two trucks had their fog lights on everyone else figured that they were an unnecessary added extra to their car that made it cost more and use more fuel ( I'm guessing ) . These were also the same people that thought because the motorway is 120k speed limit that you have to drive that fast regardless of conditions ........ morons ...MORONS !

Right , thats done , time for breakfast .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I think most of the morons wander round with fog lights on all the time so they forget about them. On the rare occasion that they are useful, said morons promptly reach for the switch and toggle them off, full sure they are actually turning them on...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Either that or you someone without ANY lights on in the dead of night. -_-

So I just applied to be one of those annoying chuggars... Well... Gotta do what you gotta do!

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to stop keys sticking on a laptop keyboard without taking out the keyboard too lazy for that! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So I just applied to be one of those annoying chuggars... Well... Gotta do what you gotta do!

Do NOT approach me in the street if you get that job. :mad:

Either that or you someone without ANY lights on in the dead of night. -_-

Met not one, but two seperate idiots of that variety about 30 minutes ago. One on the Ballyclough/Rosbrien road driving at speed and the second a few minutes on the same road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to stop keys sticking on a laptop keyboard without taking out the keyboard too lazy for that! :P

With a can of condensed air, or a hair dryer on the cold setting, tilt the keyboard at an angle, keys facing downwards and blow it out.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Do NOT approach me in the street if you get that job. :mad:

For that I'm gonna get all ye! :pac:

For that I'm gonna get all ye! :pac:

Limerick Leader headline from the not so distant future:

Local chugger still in critical condition as doctors try to remove his head from his bum after altercation with annoyed handsome man.

th?id=H.5023325821273769&pid=15.1

Were you on a chugger hunt in the city this afternoon kess? Heard ya before I saw ya if I have the right car! Silver yours? There's a black one round too.

langdang wrote: »
    Were you on a chugger hunt in the city this afternoon kess? Heard ya before I saw ya if I have the right car! Silver yours? There's a black one round too.

Was driving my silver car this afternoon alright, and was in the city centre for a little bit.

Might have been me you saw, but there is another silver, as well as a black, and a blue version of the same model in Limerick city/county.

The other silver is in town far more often than my one, as I normally use the audi as my day to day car with my silver horsey and my black SS being used less often around town.

• Advertisement

Did ya see the jack reacher movie? Red SS in car chase. S'nice.

Have not seen the film. The idea of Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher just grates with me.

What year SS is in the film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So the council decided to put a footpath on Ellen street by the car park and remove all parking spaces. However they didnt take away the disabled space so they can block the street but nobody else can park there. Pain in the ass, street was handy to park on. Footpath are not required are that side of the street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Beer Baron wrote: »
    So the council decided to put a footpath on Ellen street by the car park and remove all parking spaces. However they didnt take away the disabled space so they can block the street but nobody else can park there. Pain in the ass, street was handy to park on. Footpath are not required are that side of the street!

There are still plenty of people parking at both sides of the road now, it's a real pain in the arse.

As you said there was no need of a new path there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's as bad as mulgrave street. They were afraid to upset people with a full bus lane so built some of it and pushed on for fear of upsetting people.

Double yellows indicate a clearway, putting a disabled spot in the middle is counter productive. That or too lazy to remove the original disabled space metal pole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Beer Baron wrote: »
    It's as bad as mulgrave street. They were afraid to upset people with a full bus lane so built some of it and pushed on for fear of upsetting people.

Double yellows indicate a clearway, putting a disabled spot in the middle is counter productive. That or too lazy to remove the original disabled space metal pole.

They didn't even have to remove the pole. They just had to change the sign from disabled parking, to no parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cheapest place for tyres around town? Or even better, to fit cheaper ones I buy online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

zuroph wrote: »
    cheapest place for tyres around town? Or even better, to fit cheaper ones I buy online?

Place on Dock Road beside enterprise cars have a sign outside saying new tyres for €30.

source wrote: »
    Place on Dock Road beside enterprise cars have a sign outside saying new tyres for €30.

Would not be keen to buy tyres from there as they also have/had signs for used tyres and nearly new tyres.

When it comes to tyres, I would fall into the camp of always buying the best new tyres for your vehicle that your budget stretches to. Having good tyres over poor tyres can be the difference between staying on the road and coming off of it, not to mention the impact on drive quality, fuel economy etc etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they wanted 75 a tyre. Found the same ones that I have on my car at present for €50 a tyre online, so just need someone to fit them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement