Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

zuroph wrote: »
    cheapest place for tyres around town? Or even better, to fit cheaper ones I buy online?

What's the car?What size tyres.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    When it comes to tyres, I would fall into the camp of always buying the best new tyres for your vehicle that your budget stretches to. Having good tyres over poor tyres can be the difference between staying on the road and coming off of it, not to mention the impact on drive quality, fuel economy etc etc..

Definitely.
    zuroph wrote: »
    they wanted 75 a tyre. Found the same ones that I have on my car at present for €50 a tyre online, so just need someone to fit them

Midwest Tyres in Raheen will fit tyres for you which you've bought online.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Here is some videos from the 90's of the old Bus Eireann city buses going around Limerick.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know why William Street was closed this afternoon?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Anyone know why William Street was closed this afternoon?
    Just saw some photos from someone in fire station, and at a guess, I'd say something was dangerously loose on one of the buildings, wind prob didn't help
    Have asked what happened, will let you know.
    Edit: confirmed, wind loosened something on top story of boots building. Danger to passers by below meant street closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Walked up Nicholas Street today, oh my it is a ghost town up there, even worse now that the castle is closed (from what I've heard until at least May).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Gaol Boreen was closed off at half two as well. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the story with the jetland shopping centre is it a flop??

was in it the other day and half the shop units are vacant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fryup wrote: »
    whats the story with the jetland shopping centre is it a flop??

was in it the other day and half the shop units are vacant

There was big fight where Costa and Jean Scene were. They padlocked the shops one morning because of a dispute with rent. I understand Dunnes is the landlord. Dunnes is handy but other than that the offering is not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Need to rent a petrol power hose for a weekend. Anyone recommend somewhere?? UL side of town would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Sam hire in heiton Buckley on the ballysimon road should have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Heard about a new coffee shop opening up somewhere in Limerick, anyone hear where anything where it is? Heard they are hiring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe wrote: »
    Heard about a new coffee shop opening up somewhere in Limerick, anyone hear where anything where it is? Heard they are hiring :)

That might be simply the BB stores that are being taken over by another brand but are keeping on the same staff. I know the one out by Harvey Norman is going that way as some of the staff were telling customers about it this evening.

Don't know how many of them will be changing brand/name, but a number of them will be.

Insomnia are opening a branch in town.
    I think it might be going into Eason's...not sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

?ui=2&ik=27efead0ec&view=att&th=13cde59ead81a961&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zwFriday treat from Supermacs :P
    Havnt had one in ages... yum

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Whats the roundabout called by the bmw garage on the Ballysimon Road. Is it the Tipp road roundabout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Whats the roundabout called by the bmw garage on the Ballysimon Road. Is it the Tipp road roundabout?
    No thats the one on Childers road

whats the other one called so? ive heard everything from Eastway to Pat Keoghes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ill check later if nobody has replied by then but is it Garyglass roundabout?

Maybe somebody with street view can check?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ill check later if nobody has replied by then but is it Garyglass roundabout?

Maybe somebody with street view can check?

it aint on streetview or does it have a sign on it :P

Edit: a quick google of garryglass finds LCC refering to it as garryglass roundabout...id assume they know what its called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Garryglass is correct

Would murder a good cod 'n' chip. Settling for a pizza instead. How're ye all doing?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Would murder a good cod 'n' chip. Settling for a pizza instead. How're ye all doing?
    You're making me hungry!
    Settling for a beer at home after evening exercise, was stuck in all day with a sick kid, so both beer and exercise most welcome.:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

who's that poor ol'fella with the hutchback?? i see him walking around o'connell st sometimes

he's in a bad old way completely bent over and his hands are deformed as well:( think he might be homeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mannion Drycleaners are the greatest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mannion Drycleaners are the greatest!

seriously what is with him posting about Mannion Dry Cleaners. he goes as far as bad mouthing the competition around the corner from him

Just back from the first proper mass I've ever been to (I don't think weddings and funerals count). What is up with the money basket? I thought Jesus said not to have money in the temple? It was weird, really weird.

Priest's wages, heating funds, etc.

Priest's wages, heating funds, etc.

They defiantly didn't use it on heating, it was brr. For some reason I thought the Vatican paid the wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

They defiantly didn't use it on heating, it was brr. For some reason I thought the Vatican paid the wages.

Afaik, the collection plate during mass goes towards the priest and the upkeep of the church. All priests receive a minimum salary so any shortfall from the local parish is made up from the diocesan funds, hence, a diocesan collection every month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement