Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone see a big fire out by the crescent yesterday evening? could see if from the by pass on the way home...looked to be in a residential area. Hope all is ok.

Hadn't seen or heard anything about a fire in Limerick, but Achill Island and Wicklow (opposite sides of the country, strangely...) have had wildfires this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hadn't seen or heard anything about a fire in Limerick, but Achill Island and Wicklow (opposite sides of the country, strangely...) have had wildfires this week.

There was a wildfire in Oranmore in Galway this week too. Weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Lads do any of you know anything about dooradoyle park?

Thinking about renting there for a short while..... Is it a nice area? Have seen a couple of old threads about it but just want some recent views :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Crush 87 nite Club in the Granary Limerick.Supposed to be a new niteclub opening.This was the trinity rooms wasnt it??
    They seem to be Changing name of the place every few months to something new!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I assume the Orchard is still gonna be there, just as a seperate venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Looking to get my thesis printed and soft bound, thinking of doing it in town to skip the queues in college. Any recommendations on where to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Looking to get my thesis printed and soft bound, thinking of doing it in town to skip the queues in college. Any recommendations on where to go?

I have used Curley's before and found them good.
    http://www.curleycopycentre.com/index.php?p=16

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    I have used Curley's before and found them good.
    http://www.curleycopycentre.com/index.php?p=16

Daylight robbery :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Daylight robbery :eek::eek::eek:

Really? They were okay when I last used them but that was 3 or 4 years ago.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Really? They were okay when I last used them but that was 3 or 4 years ago.

12c a page for printing!!

• Advertisement

Them Limerick City council workers are some right tools.They cant even put up road work signs properly. One was blown over in front of me today.I had to drive over it & damaged my tyres. i had to get a new one . If had swerved to avoid i would have hit a car. Stupid Feckers!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Them Limerick City council workers are some right tools.They cant even put up road work signs properly. One was blown over in front of me today.I had to drive over it & damaged my tyres. i had to get a new one . If had swerved to avoid i would have hit a car. Stupid Feckers!!!

Eh, you can't blame the council for the wind and weather conditions. Or for your own actions. Next time, stop until you have a chance to drive around the obstacle safely.

It was your decision to drive over council property, not any of the workers who put things out. Calling them "tools" and "stupid feckers" on the Internet won't fix your car, but it will make you look pretty pathetic yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Eh, you can't blame the council for the wind and weather conditions. Or for your own actions. Next time, stop until you have a chance to drive around the obstacle safely.

It was your decision to drive over council property, not any of the workers who put things out. Calling them "tools" and "stupid feckers" on the Internet won't fix your car, but it will make you look pretty pathetic yourself.

To be fair his post reads as if the sign was blown across the road all of a sudden whilst his car was in motion, rather than him driving over a sign which he had already noticed as he drove towards it.

As for his ire towards the city council, I am pretty sure that they are meant to ensure that their signage is secure and weighed down in blustery conditions. The county council workers seem to be able to do this and weigh their roadside signage down with sandbacks when it is windy. Would be pretty basic safety procedures I would imagine.

Of course if the poster drove across a sign which he had already noticed as his approached it, then I would have little sympathy as that scenario would be one in which damage was avoidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Kess73 wrote: »
    To be fair his post reads as if the sign was blown across the road all of a sudden whilst his car was in motion, rather than him driving over a sign which he had already noticed as he drove towards it.

As for his ire towards the city council, I am pretty sure that they are meant to ensure that their signage is secure and weighed down in blustery conditions. The county council workers seem to be able to do this and weigh their roadside signage down with sandbacks when it is windy. Would be pretty basic safety procedures I would imagine.

Of course if the poster drove across a sign which he had already noticed as his approached it, then I would have little sympathy as that scenario would be one in which damage was avoidable.

Good job it wasn't a toddler that ran out in front if him so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »

True, the council should have secured that child as well with a few sandbags. ;)

phog wrote: »

Guess it is, otherwise there would be some horrible story in the paper rather than Jamesbond2010 online giving out about his damaged tyre.

ANOTHER KNOW IT ALL!! There is loads of them on this.

They are supposed to be secured on the ground so they would survive the weather conditions .Do you know anything about health & safety.

have to rant to get the anger out!!!

A Q So..

One of those Election Posters blows out in front of you or onto Your Windscreen & Your Crash???
    discuss??

A Q So..

One of those Election Posters blows out in front of you or onto Your Windscreen & Your Crash???
    discuss??

That's not really a question...

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Election or Politics or Legal forums (fora??) would be a better place for some of this discussion

• Advertisement

Cage fight.

It is the only way to be sure.:D

JB2010 vs IO

Cage fight.

It is the only way to be sure.:D

JB2010 vs IO

I really miss jujitsu training! :( A bit of MMA would be great! :D

I really miss jujitsu training! :( A bit of MMA would be great! :D

It's going to be a "cage" made from old pallets with two rusty metal bars on the floor.

Oh yeah both you and JB2010 will be blindfolded from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

It's going to be a "cage" made from old pallets with two rusty metal bars on the floor.

Oh yeah both you and JB2010 will be blindfolded from the start.

But would it properly be weighted down with sandbags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

adaminho wrote: »

Suspended about 10 ft off the ground!!!

adaminho wrote: »

No, but I can assure you that the loser would be afterwards..........:pac:

source wrote: »
    Suspended about 10 ft off the ground!!!

Bit optimistic to describe it as being suspended.

Precariously balanced would be closer the mark. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How about suspended in the air AND set on fire

Clareman wrote: »
    How about suspended in the air AND set on fire

The budget might stretch to being balanced precariously whilst coated in deep heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

The budget might stretch to being balanced precariously whilst coated in deep heat.

But its worth 10million to the city!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement