Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

adaminho wrote: »
    But its worth 10million to the city!

I'll donate some matches and white spirits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Kess73 wrote: »
    The budget might stretch to being balanced precariously whilst coated in deep heat.

As mods, I think we have a duty to give the people what they want.

I'm thinking a big bonfire, I'm sure there's loads of people that can help out, then have a wooden platform between 2 street lights where the lads have to fight, I'm sure we'd make a fortune from the BBQ alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Clareman wrote: »
    As mods, I think we have a duty to give the people what we want them to want.

I'm thinking a big bonfire, I'm sure there's loads of people that can help out, then have a wooden platform between 2 street lights where the lads have to fight, I'm sure we'd make a fortune from the BBQ alone

Fixed that for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just after cycling home from UL. Took the canal path back in as far as the petrol station at Clare Street.

Must be one of the loveliest parts of the city. Blue skies, boats on the river, sports at St Pats' pitch, joggers, cyclists, people walking dogs, swans by the bridges. Just class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahh, if only it could be like that all the time

• Advertisement

What happened to the wall across the road from the Greenpark shopping centre near Ballinacurra gardens.

Got back to Limerick this morning after having been in Liverpool yesterday and there is a big chunk of the wall flattened. Looks like some sort of crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There was a really bad crash there yesterday afternoon!
    Road was closed for a while!

nobody hurt bad I hope.

What happened to the wall across the road from the Greenpark shopping centre near Ballinacurra gardens.

Got back to Limerick this morning after having been in Liverpool yesterday and there is a big chunk of the wall flattened. Looks like some sort of crash.

Spotted that yesterday myself. I'd say it wasn't too long after the crash that I drove by. There was still bits of debris and that green gritty stuff the fire brigade use to soak up spilled fuel on the road. Kind of an odd place for a crash.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is there something important happening in the city this weekend? It looks like every hotel in the city is booked out for Friday and Saturday. :confused:

• Advertisement

Is there something important happening in the city this weekend? It looks like every hotel in the city is booked out for Friday and Saturday. :confused:

Swanboy is fighting Ian Fleming this weekend. Should be a big draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A big marquee is being erected on the plaza in UL

I think I found my answer: http://www.publichealthpalliativecare.org/About-the-conference.html

300 attended/participated when it was held in Bangladesh 2 years ago. Could be hundreds more at it this year.

Explains why everywhere is full, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A big marquee is being erected on the plaza in UL

Heh :cool:

Prefer my version...

Prefer my version...

If you book it... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody see that programme on TV last night? Couples entertain people in their city, well this time It was a little better except for the VoiceOver who ruined Limerck twice by saying Georgia Salpa wouldn't be seeing dead in Limerick and saying one of them should watch their comments in the restaurants next to two Limerick girls and all those knives because of the stabbing potential.

I mean who was the editor that thought that was ok?

If you book it... ;)

RTNNSllGNlM0elEx_o_vince-mcmahon-says-youre-fired-to-the-camera.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Anybody see that programme on TV last night? Couples entertain people in their city, well this time It was a little better except for the VoiceOver who ruined Limerck twice by saying Georgia Salpa wouldn't be seeing dead in Limerick and saying one of them should watch their comments in the restaurants next to two Limerick girls and all those knives because of the stabbing potential.

I mean who was the editor that thought that was ok?

I thought the same thing, idiots in Rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

A few of us are heading into town on Saturday to watch the Munster match. Any recommendations for a decent pub to watch the match in, besides the usual 'Clohessys, Flannery's, Nancy's,' etc..

Whilst there's nought wrong with those pubs I'm assuming they'll all be packed + I'd like to try a new pub tbh.

Oh and it has to be city centre so that rules out the likes of Ardhu, Scott's, Russell's etc.

• Advertisement

A few of us are heading into town on Saturday to watch the Munster match. Any recommendations for a decent pub to watch the match in, besides the usual 'Clohessys, Flannery's, Nancy's,' etc..

Whilst there's nought wrong with those pubs I'm assuming they'll all be packed + I'd like to try a new pub tbh.

Oh and it has to be city centre so that rules out the likes of Ardhu, Scott's, Russell's etc.

I think The Bailey have a big screen. I'd imagine a good crowd will be in there too

What about one somewhere like Bobby Byrnes or Sextons? I know they are not city centre, but would imagine they could be good pubs to watch rugby in terms of atmosphere,plus you would only be a short stroll from the city centre should you wish to have scoops elsewhere after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What about one somewhere like Bobby Byrnes or Sextons? I know they are not city centre, but would imagine they could be good pubs to watch rugby in terms of atmosphere,plus you would only be a short stroll from the city centre should you wish to have scoops elsewhere after the game.

Ya they're the type of pubs I'd be interested in, just have to try and convince the lads. Thanks.

More suggestions welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Ah so there's a match on this Saturday at least I'll know why the place is dead at a certain time. Sometimes I feel like I'm in 28 Days Later on match days.

Ya they're the type of pubs I'd be interested in, just have to try and convince the lads. Thanks.

More suggestions welcome.

The curragower could be worth a mention. I'd imagine there would be a big crowd there too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try JJ Bowles too and if its a nice day you can watch out in the beer garden which looks onto the shannon!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Believe I missed a nasty accident by minutes on way home from nenagh this evening. Both sidea of M7 closed near birdhill and helicopter landed on dublin bound side.
    Haven't heard anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was closed for ages, I wonder how it happened? But I probably wont be surprised, heading northbound on tuesday, a car started to pull into the overtaking lane with another car in it, that was overtaking the car. I'd say the driver in the driving lane nearly sh4t himself.

Should driving tests be made compulsory every ten years? Only asking as the AA put up a message saying motorists please dont turn around and drive the wrong way....why would any sensible person do this? Death warrant if ever there was one

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was closed for ages, I wonder how it happened? But I probably wont be surprised, heading northbound on tuesday, a car started to pull into the overtaking lane with another car in it, that was overtaking the car. I'd say the driver in the driving lane nearly sh4t himself.

Should driving tests be made compulsory every ten years? Only asking as the AA put up a message saying motorists please dont turn around and drive the wrong way....why would any sensible person do this? Death warrant if ever there was one

Yeah, saw that tweet. Mad stuff altogether. Was a work colleague who told me about it, she was stuck in the traffic behind it. Looks like I missed it by about 10mins but she missed it by seconds.
    Anyway, hope all involved will be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Mc Love wrote: »

And there were atleast 10 cars that did this that I saw .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement