Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats just crazy - why would you endanger yourselves and others? Hope they got reported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I passed that section today and I'd say something was on fire in the hard shoulder anyway. Just one car shape black mark and a load of that red stuff thrown on the ground for likely oil and fuel leak. No damage on the road of central barrier though.

I was wondering if anybody knew what was going on on the N69 & Dock Road last night. One Garda car in the middle of the Dock Road/O'Curry Street Junction, one on the Dock Road Roundabout and further out loads of units by the cement factory.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I passed that section today and I'd say something was on fire in the hard shoulder anyway. Just one car shape black mark and a load of that red stuff thrown on the ground for likely oil and fuel leak. No damage on the road of central barrier though.

I was wondering if anybody knew what was going on on the N69 & Dock Road last night. One Garda car in the middle of the Dock Road/O'Curry Street Junction, one on the Dock Road Roundabout and further out loads of units by the cement factory.

If it was about half six/seven, there was a cycle for suicide arriving from the foynes direction. Stopped here last night and heading towards galway today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Meanwhile in other news,
    there were no fewer than ten cars parked on double yellow lines on William street this evening making the right hand lane null and void,
    a shocker I know....................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Just to Want to Say To the Limerick People Be Careful When using the Slip to the M7 Dublin (The one just after the Roxboro Lidl) THere was Scumbags there @ back of the Football club throwing rocks @ the Cars passing & just missed my backside window by a inch but made **** of the plastic yoke between the two doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Meanwhile in other news,
    there were no fewer than ten cars parked on double yellow lines on William street this evening making the right hand lane null and void,

I'd love to drive over them in a tank!

Just to Want to Say To the Limerick People Be Careful When using the Slip to the M7 Dublin (The one just after the Roxboro Lidl) THere was Scumbags there @ back of the Football club throwing rocks @ the Cars passing & just missed my backside window by a inch but made **** of the plastic yoke between the two doors.

:mad: < That single emoticon sums up how I feel about this!!!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Meanwhile in other news,

Did you call the Gardai?

Passed someone parked on said yellows when I was walking down Wm St the other day having an argument with a bike cop - as it was only the passenger, the cop drove off, not sure if he came back. The Gardai would need someone on bicycle to patrol the street for just parking.

Came across one a few weeks back where there were two cars blocking the lane, beeped my horn and all I got was a middle finger :mad:

Again did you call the Gardai?

If it isnt there, they are normally on the overpass or at the top of the hill the road of the overpass. Sickening behaviour really - what goes through their tiny little rat brains!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in town Sunday and the whole lane from Guineys all the way to the top of the street was illegally parked. The bike cop was doing people for parking on the side of Burger King but ignored William street most likely. It was robocop. I don't mind people parking anywhere on a Sunday but its during the working week when the abandonment of cars annoys me, especially parents collecting their kids from the Gaelscoil on Thomas street.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Did you call the Gardai?

If it isnt there, they are normally on the overpass or at the top of the hill the road of the overpass. Sickening behaviour really - what goes through their tiny little rat brains!?
    I did off course up to roxboro Garda station. ( I was going to go back & look for the beeps & beat the head of them, but knowing my luck I might have got shot or stabbed haha).She said the ****ers @ it again,send a patrol down there.

• Advertisement

Thats why the OH hates when I beep at people that block the lane on William st, as you never know what sort of scum you could be upsetting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

About the cars on William Street, I didnt even dawn on me to ring the Gardai, I suppose I see it so often......................it just really annoyed me yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Add people pulling into the bus stop "just to pop into the shop"...then a bus comes along and some drivers will refuse to even attempt parking the bus (not saying they should) when there's a car in the stop, adding to the mess.

You can also add the drivers of a certain demographic who abandon their cars in the loading bay and road outside O'Mahony's in UL in the morning so they can pop in to get the cheap newspapers (no vat on papers in UL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

You can also add the drivers of a certain demographic who abandon their cars in the loading bay and road outside O'Mahony's in UL in the morning so they can pop in to get the cheap newspapers (no vat on papers in UL)

Oh I know where I will get my news from now on.... the internet ;)

I miss that. I was never a student but worked as an electrician in UL for ages so I bought one of the rags on a daily basis! :o See those fancy lights on the living bridge? You can thank me later :P Ha! Don't worry, I wasn't one of those car abandoners!

is there anyone on here now,Is there a fire on william street i just saw on someones post the top of william street is closed off with fire engines etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

is there anyone on here now,Is there a fire on william street i just saw on someones post the top of william street is closed off with fire engines etc

Just seeing this now, any update on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There was plenty of fire engines but no fire by the look of it!

The firemen were spraying water on the road and the hoses when I got there about 10 o clock.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Just seeing this now, any update on it?

Live95 were carrying a story about (I think) Mahon House at the top of William Street having a fire. It's a bundle of apartments if I remember correctly.
    It sounds like the fire wasn't contained to just one apartment and spread up/down floors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i saw Billy Connolly tuesday night at UL

and to be honest i was disappointed..........90% of the gags/stories i heard before from his dvds & videos and he looked jaded a shadow of his former self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

He didn't exactly hang about either. I was leaving UL after football at about 5 past 10 and the traffic was all backed up with people leaving the concert hall. How long was he on stage for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

about 1hr 45mins...........he dosen't do encores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Anyone going to Dudley corporation in Bourkes on Thursday?
    Savage band!

http://thedudleycorporation.bandcamp.com/album/everyone-does-everything-wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Lads/Ladies

Best place to get a VGA to DVI cable in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Lads/Ladies

Best place to get a VGA to DVI cable in the city?

Luckily you don't have dyslexia or that would of read as "VAG to VID" and everyone would have assumed you were making "home videos" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Luckily you don't have dyslexia or that would of read as "VAG to VID" and everyone would have assumed you were making "home videos" :pac:

Maybe he does have it and that is why it came out as VGA to DVI :pac:

To answer his question.

in the city possibly

FSV
    Savins

outside the city centre

PC World
    Currys
    Soundstore
    Harvey Normans
    Maplin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Maplin...

mint...

PC world looked at me very confused.

Its for connecting an old machine to my TV for streaming stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Any rec's for an insurance policy for a shiny new iphone i have been given?

Is there anywhere in Limerick now where you can buy music because Tesco is rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Limerick now where you can buy music because Tesco is rubbish!

Nope, unless you want to go to Dealz, but that is also rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement