Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

source wrote: »
    Nope, unless you want to go to Dealz, but that is also rubbish.

Even my mother asked me and i said tesco is the only place and she said the same, that its rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Limerick now where you can buy music because Tesco is rubbish!

Nope, there is not one proper music store (as in Cds, blu ray, games etc) in Limerick city or county. Pretty sure that the closest town with one is Clonmel with a Golden Discs and the nearest after that is Cork which has at least four Golden Discs.

There allegedly was a glimmer of interest in Golden Discs opening a branch in Limerick again ( based on a conversation I had with a member of Golden Disc management) but the city centre was seemingly not the area being looked at due to Limerick's low footfall and high rates.

Anything is better than what we have at the moment. the other option is the not so legal way but I find the sound quality to be inferior to the shop bought discs.

Where's the best to buy online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Anything is better than what we have at the moment. the other option is the not so legal way but I find the sound quality to be inferior to the shop bought discs.

Why not get a premium spotify account? €9.99 a month and all the music you can shake a stick at.

If you mean physical product, then I find Amazon to be the best as once you spend 25 quid the postage is free to Ireland, plus you can get some great bargains for both new and secondhand cds from the marketplace sellers on Amazon (the same applies for books, and blu rays)

If you mean the download route, then Spotify or Itunes would be my preferences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Is there anywhere in Limerick now where you can buy music because Tesco is rubbish!

I think Moviedrome on the top of Henry Street stock some CD's...haven't been there in a while so I don't know how current they would be. According to their facebook page they were selling the new Daft Punk album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Does anyone know if Limerick Alarms are still in Business. The reason is house near stupid f****kin house alarms keeps going off @ all hrs & will give a headache & keep u awake listening to it.iwant to make a complaint against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Went to Luigis tonight at half 7 was so looking forward to my food, got it, paid for it, sat in my car, started eating it, lost my appetite fairly quickly when one of limericks "finest" female junkies lured a drunk old guy down a laneway off parnell street for a jump, five minutes later she emerged fixing her hair and went straight in to fine wines with her "wages", while me man staggered off and jumped into a taxi outside the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

BL25ZOTCUAEh52e.jpg

Interesting bill board currently greeting visitors to the bus station.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Where would one go to make a complaint about something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

You are already here

The advertising company?

http://www.bravooutdoor.ie/about-us.html

kilburn wrote: »
    Went to Luigis tonight at half 7 was so looking forward to my food, got it, paid for it, sat in my car, started eating it, lost my appetite fairly quickly when one of limericks "finest" female junkies lured a drunk old guy down a laneway off parnell street for a jump, five minutes later she emerged fixing her hair and went straight in to fine wines with her "wages", while me man staggered off and jumped into a taxi outside the station

Sounds like she who hangs around by the FAS building. What a treasure she is.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    BL25ZOTCUAEh52e.jpg

WTF???

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    BL25ZOTCUAEh52e.jpg

I wonder do they have a "How safe is Cork/Dublin/Galway?" version in the other cities?

Am in Cork and Galway each week and pass their bus stations each time so must have a look.

Real lowest common denominator stuff akin to what one would see on TV3 or in the Sunday World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Asai.ie and could give the editor of the examiner a call too.

Just asked them on twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Lovely way to depict the river and King Johns Castle isn't it? :rolleyes:

Apparently Joe.ie broke the story and looking at the comments on facebook its popped up in other cities too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Apparently Joe.ie broke the story and looking at the comments on facebook its popped up in other cities too.

The same picture? Or similar pictures of other cities?

Nope same picture but the comments show that Kerry, Waterford and Dublin have the same ad for their cities/towns.

Is there something big going on in the city at the moment? Few people saying on FB that the Gardaí are crawling the streets and that they were asked to avoid driving through the city centre if possible.

Someone even went as far as saying that the place is "on lockdown". :rolleyes:

shaaane wrote: »
    Is there something big going on in the city at the moment? Few people saying on FB that the Gardaí are crawling the streets and that they were asked to avoid driving through the city centre if possible.

Yeah the irish examiner is on the prowl, they are creeping in yo windows...

Yeah the irish examiner is on the prowl, they are creeping in yo windows...

I kinda walked into that one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Saw one on the N18 by Cratloe with the Cliffs of Moher, I didn't see the caption.

shaaane wrote: »

I think something big did happen.

Was walking the girlfriend home last night and we walked into a massive car chase in Oakview drive/Ballinacurra gardens at around half twelve.

There were car chases on the main road and a crazy one inside BCG.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the court case that was due to happen and the moving of a very well known Limerick gang member to the Regional hospital.

Oh, well. Insect Overlord, I'm looking at you! :pac:

thumb_42477_default_full.jpeg

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think something big did happen.

Was walking the girlfriend home last night and we walked into a massive car chase in Oakview drive/Ballinacurra gardens at around half twelve.

There were car chases on the main road and a crazy one inside BCG.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the court case that was due to happen and the moving of a very well known Limerick gang member to the Regional hospital.

A car chase. Thats all it was? :rolleyes: Not saying its a good thing but the way people were describing it on FB was like WW3 had broken out!

Nothing reported anyway so I assume no damage, injuries etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's one of those billboards in Clare, Tipperary and Galway. Not Limerick specific and if you react to it their advertising is working and they will only do more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement