Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

Beer Baron wrote: »
    There's one of those billboards in Clare, Tipperary and Galway. Not Limerick specific and if you react to it their advertising is working and they will only do more.

To be honest, I can't see many Limerick people rushing out to buy The Irish Examiner any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shaaane wrote: »
    A car chase. Thats all it was? :rolleyes: Not saying its a good thing but the way people were describing it on FB was like WW3 had broken out!

Nothing reported anyway so I assume no damage, injuries etc.

Think it was multiple chases going on at the same time, as when we walked by there seemed to be two sets of chases. One inside the estate and one outside it where Childewrs road meets Ballinacurra road. So if that was happening in a few other areas at the one time it increases the risk to the public.

There was one very lucky taxi driver in BCG last night though, he turned a corner to enter Oakview where a speeding car had mounted the footpath and went along the wrong side of the road maybe ten seconds earlier.

Never seen a garda car going as flat out inside a small estate as the unmarked car was last night. It was taking corners full pelt and going into skids. Afaik pursuit gardai only drive like that when it is their last option as normally they pull back when a chase is dangerous to the public.

There might have been something hit or rammed further down the estate as well, as there was a loud thud/bang at one point then maybe 30 seconds later the cars came screaming up the estate again.

To be honest, I can't see many Limerick people rushing out to buy The Irish Examiner any time soon.

Doubt if it had that big a readership in Limerick to start with.

There's one of those billboards in Clare, Tipperary and Galway. Not Limerick specific and if you react to it their advertising is working and they will only do more.

As said earlier, it is lowest denominator stuff similar to the way TV3, the Sunday World etc draw people in with outlandish headlines hinting at criminal activities.

They are probably loving the publicity today, and for every Limerick person that won't buy the paper because of the poster (and I am sure that a number will pick up the paper because of the poster just to see what it is about) there will be a number of folk in other counties who will want to check out what the fuss is aboutand will hand over money for that paper as a result.

Oh, well. Insect Overlord, I'm looking at you! :pac:

thumb_42477_default_full.jpeg

Amazing what trained swans can do. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

You can always count on the council for some comic relief.

DeathTrap_large.jpg

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it was multiple chases going on at the same time, as when we walked by there seemed to be two sets of chases. One inside the estate and one outside it where Childewrs road meets Ballinacurra road. So if that was happening in a few other areas at the one time it increases the risk to the public.

There was one very lucky taxi driver in BCG last night though, he turned a corner to enter Oakview where a speeding car had mounted the footpath and went along the wrong side of the road maybe ten seconds earlier.

Never seen a garda car going as flat out inside a small estate as the unmarked car was last night. It was taking corners full pelt and going into skids. Afaik pursuit gardai only drive like that when it is their last option as normally they pull back when a chase is dangerous to the public.

There might have been something hit or rammed further down the estate as well, as there was a loud thud/bang at one point then maybe 30 seconds later the cars came screaming up the estate again.

Jaysus. I'll ask a few BCG friends later this evening and see if they spotted anything.

Jaysus. I'll ask a few BCG friends later this evening and see if they spotted anything.

If any of them live near the round green in Oakview or the road that goes in a straight line from that green down towards the Catholic institute then they should have seen or heard it as there were a good few people coming to front door or looking out from upstairs windows at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

There was a car chase, 1 car followed by 6-8 garda cars at 12.15am last night. It went over sarsfield bridge and back in by the new bridge. Can't see any stories on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Any suggestions for a mobile phone insurance company/policy? i was given a brand new phone which is worth quite a bit so i want to insure it.It was unlocked so im just using my old sim. Its not covered by my house insurance as i am a renter.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get it covered excess free under your house Insurance. Mine costs nothing extra to insure and its an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

www.blueinsurance.ie do gadget insurance which might be worth your while to check out. If you end up claiming for it under house policy your premium will rise and you'll end up paying them back the price of the phone over 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Guys, what pub is the best for a bit of atmosphere on a Friday night? Heading to hermitage green in dolans and looking for suggestions on where to go afterwards. Was in Clohessy's on a Friday night not so long ago and it was dead.

timbertime wrote: »
    Guys, what pub is the best for a bit of atmosphere on a Friday night? Heading to hermitage green in dolans and looking for suggestions on where to go afterwards. Was in Clohessy's on a Friday night not so long ago and it was dead.

Dolans can be very good for atmosphere at times, so given you will be there anyway you might not have to go far in order to find a lively atmosphere.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

HG will probably be playing music until after midnight, so staying in Dolan's is probably the best option. Nancy's could be very busy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Cheers Kess and IO, want to avoid Nancy's as we're heading there tomorrow night! Was thinking of staying in Dolans alright but after the last HG gig they finished about 11.30 and the place
    cleared out a good bit after and the clientele in the bar looked like they were from a cruise ship!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Costello's will be open late too, as usual. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

anyone got a loan of a sledgehammer. need one to bust some nusiance house alarm of the wall thats always going off !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-women-arrested-after-topless-brawl-outside-school-29343723.html

It has to be a red top papers dream, to have headlines for something like this.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-women-arrested-after-topless-brawl-outside-school-29343723.html

It has to be a red top papers dream, to have headlines for something like this.

That was in a few papers today, along with the story about how Celia Holman Lee told the media (Limerick Leader was mentioned in the article) how she is suing Jerry Flannery for a fall in his bar a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why is there always burnt out cars at the riverside in Castleconnell near the footbridge?? do the rough crowd from town dump their cars there??

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Came off the motorway to come in by Finnegans this afternoon and an elderly woman turned right from finnegans to go the wrong way around the roundabout. Yikes.

Came off the motorway to come in by Finnegans this afternoon and an elderly woman turned right from finnegans to go the wrong way around the roundabout. Yikes.

I had two different cars drive the wrong way down the M7 towards me in the same week just before the Finnegans exit when the by-pass fully opened a few years back. Scary stuff, especially at 5.30 AM when its pitch black out

I had two different cars drive the wrong way down the M7 towards me in the same week just before the Finnegans exit when the by-pass fully opened a few years back. Scary stuff, especially at 5.30 AM when its pitch black out

Jesus! Not nice at all.
    Also, the traffic for the novena seems to be immune to traffic signs, etc. God will protect them!

Jesus! Not nice at all.
    Also, the traffic for the novena seems to be immune to traffic signs, etc. God will protect them!

Nothing new there then. I forgot the novena was on actually. Balls! :(

Nothing new there then. I forgot the novena was on actually. Balls! :(

Yeah me too. Went that way to avoid Punchs Cross, won't be doing that again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I drive a lot for work and I rarely see people going around the roundabout the wrong way. On a big roundabout like Finnegans where you cannot see the entire roundabout you could be fooled into thinking it's not a roundabout.

Mayo is the maddest place for roundabouts because the right lane is for going straight on whereas every other county is different.

I drive a lot for work and I rarely see people going around the roundabout the wrong way. On a big roundabout like Finnegans where you cannot see the entire roundabout you could be fooled into thinking it's not a roundabout.

Mayo is the maddest place for roundabouts because the right lane is for going straight on whereas every other county is different.

Fair enough, but what would be the excuse for people not noticing the roadmarkings and road signs as they approach it?

Jesus! Not nice at all.

Feckers seem to think that runners/joggers/pedestrians don't exist either. :mad: And no, some god does not protect them from a Kess that spots his gf having to jump out of the way of a car that came so far onto the footpath that it grazed it's wing mirror on a wall.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is Costelloes free in before a certain time on a sat night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement