Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but what would be the excuse for people not noticing the roadmarkings and road signs as they approach it?

Dumbass's's's. I always use an example for the missus about supermarket shopping when people can't control a trolley. I say to her "They drove her you know". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    Is Costelloes free in before a certain time on a sat night?

No but it's "only a fiver!".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I meant if you were drinking in the bar early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You'd prob get in for free about 9 or 10!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I told my friends that maybe they might if they poped in before 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Costello's is free in before 11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Costello's is free in before 11!

Someone would want to tell flan that.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

source wrote: »
    Someone would want to tell flan that.

well the one time I was there before 11 I didn't have to pay. Few people I know also got in free when they got there around 10 recently. I'm never usually there early so I didn't know it's not a regular thing. My bad!

Sooooo, any idea when the next beers is? :o I wanna go to one eventually and see who ye all are :P I was gonna go to the AH one in Galway but can't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone here ever do geocaching? It seems to be something like a treasure hunt using GPS. I was walking up the wood the evening and found a hidden carton, with a few odd and ends inside, it included a note pad for participants to log in.

Anyway, it looks like a but of fun but I wondered is it based close to Limerick or has it a bigger geographic spread.

I googled geocaching and found a site but hoped someone here might have some have participated in one or more of the hunts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phog wrote: »
    Anyone here ever do geocaching? It seems to be something like a treasure hunt using GPS. I was walking up the wood the evening and found a hidden carton, with a few odd and ends inside, it included a note pad for participants to log in.

Anyway, it looks like a but of fun but I wondered is it based close to Limerick or has it a bigger geographic spread.

I googled geocaching and found a site but hoped someone here might have some have participated in one or more of the hunts.

It's a worldwide thing, not restricted to the Munster area at all. :) There's a forum for it on Boards since last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1573

The "hunts" aren't organised by groups. You just choose a site and follow the clues to find the caches. A lot of people would play with their children but plenty of adults play for their own fun too. There are different levels, based on the size of the cache, the ease of access to it, and the difficulty of the clues you have to solve to find the co-ordinates.

Some of the larger boxes would have tokens/trinkets in them. If you take something out, you replace it with something else. Toy cars, stamps, international coins, key-rings, that kind of thing.

Don't want to start a new thread, hopefully, someone here can help with the following:

- Where's the cheapest place to buy BBQ charcoal?

- Is it possible to get a handle for a slashers anymore?

- Where could I buy a can of gas - for a soldering iron - similar to the gas used in some cigarette lighters?

Three varied queries and I can assure with nothing in common :-)

Don't want to start a new thread, hopefully, someone here can help with the following:

- Where could I buy a can of gas - for a soldering iron - similar to the gas used in some cigarette lighters?

1: any supermarket. It's cheap enough. €2 in tesco I think per bag.

2: what's a slashers?

3: also tesco or any super market. It's with the cigarettes. €2 a can

shaaane wrote: »
    1: any supermarket. It's cheap enough. €2 in tesco I think per bag.

2: what's a slashers?

3: also tesco or any super market. It's with the cigarettes. €2 a can

Not sure about charcoal being €2 a bag but I'll try.

A slashers, slash hook, a long handled tool with a slightly hooked blade for cutting briars, light branches, etc.

Lighter gas, Was in Dunnes today and couldn't find it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What kind of weekend do you have planned :eek::eek:

;)

Handle for the slashers I'd try the co-op in Raheen.
    As for the gas I'd try the tobacco street on Wicham street or maybe Radar Stores on Fox's Bow.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Not sure about charcoal being €2 a bag but I'll try.

A slashers, slash hook, a long handled tool with a slightly hooked blade for cutting briars, light branches, etc.

Lighter gas, Was in Dunnes today and couldn't find it.

Thanks.

I bought a bag of it in centra last week and it was cheap enough but I cant remember how much it was for the life of me. Argos do a twin pack for 7.46 but you'll definitely get it cheaper.

As previously mentioned, the co-op or any agri place might have that handle.

Tesco definitely have it at €2 a can. I bought it for the same reason as you recently (soldering iron).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any good spots for lying in the sun? People's Park is the first that came to mind.

I don't want to drive for an hour to go to the beach on my own. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kilalloe, going to be packed though? Drive a little further and go to Castetown/Lae View out passed Kilalloe before Portroe and just a left turn after the viewing point.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Just back from people Park, ideal down there and not too many there either

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Any good spots for lying in the sun? People's Park is the first that came to mind.

I don't want to drive for an hour to go to the beach on my own. :o

What about the greens in the estates in Raheen/Dooradoyle? Nice and quiet at this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was just watching TV and an ad for SMA came on and there is a mother in a bath and at the end of the ad she is holding up a moving toy - its a bit cheeky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

someone recommend me a nice aldi beer....

someone recommend me a nice aldi beer....

Start a thread over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

That's where all the experts hang out. :cool:

The O'Shea's range seems to get a lot of good reviews in this thread in particular: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055885898

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Are there quizzes on in Limerick on a regular basis? Didn't want to start a new thread for it, a friend was asking about it and thought there was but I haven't heard anything lately.

Sera wrote: »
    Are there quizzes on in Limerick on a regular basis? Didn't want to start a new thread for it, a friend was asking about it and thought there was but I haven't heard anything lately.

Check out the old quarter. They used to have one on a Monday night

Our Paulie is all grown up

poc1.jpg

Anyone else notice a low flying helicopter flying in the direction Ballycummin > Ballyclough > Roxborough? Was i'd say around 100ft - barely over the power lines.

Really strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone else notice a low flying helicopter flying in the direction Ballycummin > Ballyclough > Roxborough? Was i'd say around 100ft - barely over the power lines.

Really strange!

ESB auditing the power lines....did them out my way last week....they do it every year or so on the larger lines...

• Advertisement

Wow that would make sense seeing as they were pretty much right over them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement