Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

Just looked again under Rec. The cool pics forum is back as a sub forum for After hours.

My time machine must have worked!

Edit: None of the new motoring sub forums are listed either. Also noticed that Danny left recently. The place is falling apart without him! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Just saw Fran ODonnell and the fururama boys measuring up the old xtravision on Thomas St, wonder what their plans are :o

Welcome back Snipe. Been a while since I've seen you around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Welcome back Snipe. Been a while since I've seen you around here

Why thank you :) Been stalking alright every now and then but haven't been posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw this on facebook:

Limerick: From next week 4 new traffic wardens on the streets.
    They will be out in force so watch where you park and have discs displayed

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Saw this on facebook:

Saw a possible trainee traffic warden yesterday outside the tax office. He was examining cars so much that he was nearly measuing thread depth. I assume he was a trainee as I've never seen a warden wearing a shirt and jeans. I actually applied to be one when I was unemployed a few months back. I'd rule limerick city with an iron fist :P Stupid parking in this city does my nut!

Its not the parking so much as the double parking and illegal parking thats the problem!

Its not the parking so much as the double parking and illegal parking thats the problem!

That's what I meant. IRON FIST!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Saw a possible trainee traffic warden yesterday outside the tax office. He was examining cars so much that he was nearly measuing thread depth. I assume he was a trainee as I've never seen a warden wearing a shirt and jeans. I actually applied to be one when I was unemployed a few months back. I'd rule limerick city with an iron fist :P Stupid parking in this city does my nut!

Could have been some bloke sizing up what car to break into. :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Saw them in training recently. Will be no harm, drove up william st this morning and two cars double parked, on opposite sides of the road, within about 100 metres of each other. Muppetry!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If they do their job properly we won't recognise William Street after a few weeks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As long as they ignore certain streets I park on them I'm happy. I park 50% legally in that I'm parked correctly but I'm not paying for it. Lol.

Apparently Limerick fire brigade called to the tunnel and stopping cars from entering it, anyone got the lowdown?

Saw this on facebook:

Won't make a big difference. Seems there will be four wardens leaving so the four coming in are just going to keep the numbers as they are rather than increase the numbers.

Apparently Limerick fire brigade called to the tunnel and stopping cars from entering it, anyone got the lowdown?

Was wondering where they were heading to. Was out for a run earlier and two lots of fire tenders passed me on the Ballinacurra road heading towards the Crescent Shopping centre.

Maybe another truck is stuck? Seem to recall a truck getting stuck in the tunnel a month or so ago and one side of the tunnel had to be closed for a spell.

Fingers crossed it is nothing too serious though, and nobody is hurt in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Sitting at home last night (about 2am) when I hear a loud smash... go to the window to see what's happened when I realise it was my window that got smashed.

Some a-hole threw a bottle of miller at the window :mad: Luckily it was only the outside pane of glass that got smashed so no glass got in and the weather won't be an issue!

Called the guards but not much they could do but take a statement!

Bastards! That happened me while driving at the groody round about some years back. Vodka bottle straight through the rear windscreen by some scumbag. Same craic with the Gardai too

Picked up GTAV this morning from parcel motel. Got about an hour of it before work. You won't be disappointed if you've Pre-ordered it.

The online multiplayer isn't live yet. Says "will be open when game is officially released".

Detail in game is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Where is the Ticketmaster outlet in Limerick is it Gleesons now ???

Yes. Went into the euro place last week and they told me it moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Saw this on facebook:

these guys are ticketing for tax also guys... heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

zuroph wrote: »

Good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Gleesons Sports or Gleesons Spar?

Gleesons Sports or Gleesons Spar?

Gleesons sports

Were they not always doing this? I got caught twice in two days when I was working in Kilkenny a number of years back. Tax was only out a week and I was a poor 1st year apprentice at the time (07-08) Never had any dealings since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I wish they would ticket cars parked in loading bays!!!!!!

or at least have them removed, crushed and given back to the owner as a tiny cube.....

Thomas St and William St are black spots for both parking and getting ticketed.

Drivers don't care and park everywhere. Traffic wardens do little to disuade them because they don't ticket vans making deliveries.

I was parked outside a butchers by the flower shop and this white transit parks right there in the right hand lane. I was waiting for somebody. 45 mins he was there.

Parents collecting their spawn from the Gaelscoil on Thomas steet is another pain along with cars just littered in the left lane anyway.

I welcome the new wardens...........so long as they don't get me. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the parking fine these days??

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

40 for no parking disc, 60 for no tax. No idea for double yellows or illegal parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

40 for no parking disc, 60 for no tax. No idea for double yellows or illegal parking

Regulars get 10% discounts on their tickets LOL LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement