Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Regulars get 10% discounts on their tickets LOL LOL

Don't know what you mean :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I need stuff photocopied in town:

One is a Birth Cert so not A4 sized so I cannot scan it myself because I need different paper.

Also need a Colour printer for something else.

Where would you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Beer Baron wrote: »

One is a Birth Cert so not A4 sized so I cannot scan it myself because I need different paper.

Where would you suggest?

Docucentre on O'Connell street is worth a look. I usually get them to print out odd-sized stuff, flyers and posters and whatnot.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/docu-centre-limerick-city/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Where would you suggest?

i was wondering that myself some of the places charge u a fortune for normal copying.
    U got an ans though thats good

Missus, after telling me she doesnt know, comes around and gives me two places.

Apparently next to the Old Quarter and there's one my side of town by Chawkes. He copies house plans anyway so should be able to tackle a birth cert. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Missus, after telling me she doesnt know, comes around and gives me two places.

Apparently next to the Old Quarter and there's one my side of town by Chawkes. He copies house plans anyway so should be able to tackle a birth cert. :D
    there is curleys or something he is dear though, o ya beside the butchers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

What's happening at Hassett's Cross passed it about 6.30 mobbed with youngsters and again at about 8.

Pub not open so nothing happening their.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phog wrote: »
    What's happening at Hassett's Cross passed it about 6.30 mobbed with youngsters and again at about 8.

Pub not open so nothing happening their.

Probably nothing special. I'd say it's the same gang of kids that move around between the Jetland, Supermacs/Funworld and Northtown Shopping Centre/Ashbrook.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not sure where to put this.

A group of travel bloggers were in the country recently, below is a sample of their experiences, it's nice to Limerick mentioned by a number of them, to all involved in the tourist industry keep up the good work...

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/travel-bloggers-rate-ireland-1.1549384?page=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Anyone spot Jason McAteer getting married in St. Marys Cathedral today? I was in the Locke having a quiet one and in walked John Aldridge and Ronnie Whelen decked out in their tux. :D

Anyone spot Jason McAteer getting married in St. Marys Cathedral today? I was in the Locke having a quiet one and in walked John Aldridge and Ronnie Whelen decked out in their tux. :D

Ha! Really? Is his new Mrs a limerick buuuurd or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Ha! Really? Is his new Mrs a limerick buuuurd or something?

No, the Mirror asked him why did he pick Limerick and he said he loves this part of the country. The afters was in Dromoland. John Barnes was there and so was Kevin Kilbane. Steve McManaman was best man, his wife was bridesmaid and their kids were the flower girls.

Aldridge was in his element :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

met Jason McAteer when he played for Blackburn after a game, really nice bloke

Hon Na Piarsaigh! County Champions again.

Random request:

Does anybody out there have Junior Cert and Leaving Cert books/exam papers that they don't need any more? I'm looking for Irish books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Will have a look in the morning , do they have to be current ( I ask because I won't have a clue as to what is current ) . Also it would only be Junior Cert that I might have as my youngest is doing her leaving cert this year ( not that she would complain if I gave away her books )

jonski wrote: »
    Will have a look in the morning , do they have to be current ( I ask because I won't have a clue as to what is current ) . Also it would only be Junior Cert that I might have as my youngest is doing her leaving cert this year ( not that she would complain if I gave away her books )

I'll happily take any books from last year or the year before. :) The poems/stories might not be current, but the grammar material and reading comprehensions should still be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'll happily take any books from last year or the year before. :) The poems/stories might not be current, but the grammar material and reading comprehensions should still be useful.

Well that got me into trouble , how dare I suggest that she wouldn't have cleared out the books that were not being used . So how come there is still sooo much stuff in her room ? . Anyway , sorry about that IO , my mistake entirely .

jonski wrote: »
    Well that got me into trouble , how dare I suggest that she wouldn't have cleared out the books that were not being used . So how come there is still sooo much stuff in her room ? . Anyway , sorry about that IO , my mistake entirely .

No worries at all. Thanks for trying! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Random request:

Does anybody out there have Junior Cert and Leaving Cert books/exam papers that they don't need any more? I'm looking for Irish books.

I'm fairly sure that I have both, would have to root around in the attic to be certain though! LC would be from 2009, JC 2006.

I'm fairly sure that I have both, would have to root around in the attic to be certain though! LC would be from 2009, JC 2006.

PM me if you find anything. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

No worries at all. Thanks for trying! :)

You know how much effort I put into my Irish Leaving Cert.. otherwise I'd give you out what books I 'should' have owned :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'll see if I have anything when I'm home at midterm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

If you had to drive from the Raheen industrial estate to The Strand Hotel at 5 on Weekdays....which route would you take?

Im thinking of changing gyms to The Strand but not sure which would be the best/most time efficient route after the gym, if its going to take more than 20 mins to get there....i will stick with my current gym.

Any ideas?

Use dock road. Traffic is leaving town at that stage.

Use dock road. Traffic is leaving town at that stage.

really? i would have thought it would have been CHAOS at that time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Parchment wrote: »
    really? i would have thought it would have been CHAOS at that time!

It is, but not in the direction you'll be traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

source wrote: »
    It is, but not in the direction you'll be traveling.

Dock Road very quiet until about Dolans pub, I would guess <25 mins to The Strand

• Advertisement

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Dock Road very quiet until about Dolans pub, I would guess <25 mins to The Strand

I was thinking this - it would be too good to be true to drive at a decent pace all the way down the dock road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement