Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Dock Road very quiet until about Dolans pub, I would guess <25 mins to The Strand

Not true, he should have a clear run the whole way to the strand, I drive the dock road everyday at around the time he wants to travel and it's always clear inbound.

If you go from Raheen Ind est to cement factory roundabout, then in dock road, over Shannon bridge and down O'Callaghan strand at that time of the day would be no more than 15 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

source wrote: »
    Not true, he should have a clear run the whole way to the strand, I drive the dock road everyday at around the time he wants to travel and it's always clear inbound.

If you go from Raheen Ind est to cement factory roundabout, then in dock road, over Shannon bridge and down O'Callaghan strand at that time of the day would be no more than 15 mins

Sounds promising - hopefully it works out. I will do a test run and report back! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

IO your still doing Irish Grinds yes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Snipe wrote: »
    IO your still doing Irish Grinds yes?

I am indeed. I got a load of business cards in the post yesterday if you want to help spread the word! :pac:

I am indeed. I got a load of business cards in the post yesterday if you want to help spread the word! :pac:

Sure I'll take a few off ya :pac: I also have a bit of business for ya! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Snipe wrote: »
    Sure I'll take a few off ya :pac: I also have a bit of business for ya! :)

I'll chat with you on Facebook later so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Passed by woking at 11pm tonight and it was closed????

Eh???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

is there anywhere in the city that can put the scratch-preventing-sticky-clear-screen-protector thingy on an iphone without air bubbles?

you know what i mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Parchment wrote: »
    is there anywhere in the city that can put the scratch-preventing-sticky-clear-screen-protector thingy on an iphone without air bubbles?

you know what i mean!

Carphone Warehouse in Arthur's Quay do as far I know

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Brilliant :-(
    My wife was walking home on SCRd with our 18 month old in a buggy when some morons shouted out of a car "are you going to pull your pants down love"

In fairness, she told them they weren't funny or clever. If I was there the language may have been a bit stronger!

Not the worst thing ever but F***ing morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Brilliant :-(
    My wife was walking home on SCRd with our 18 month old in a buggy when some morons shouted out of a car "are you going to pull your pants down love"

In fairness, she told them they weren't funny or clever. If I was there the language may have been a bit stronger!

Not the worst thing ever but F***ing morons.

Real hard men yelling at a woman with a baby. :rolleyes:

Pity she did not get their car reg, otherwise she could have reported them to the gardai if those idiots made her feel in any way unsafe. They might not be so mouthy if a Garda turned up at the house to have a stern word.

Yeah, she was a bit pissed off that she didn't get the reg. Might not be so hard then as you said Kess73.

I saw something like the opposite of that situation a few nights ago. There was a trio of bored little young fellas standing outside Ivan's shop, shouting at passing cars the same way soccer fans shout at the goalie taking a kick-out. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Used to happen to me the odd time if walking/running around Raheen. Yobs would shout something as they were passing, only once was I hit with something (it was dark and couldnt get the reg but called the guards anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got hit by a fvcking tomato by the crescent before. Prefer to have been shouted at to be honest.

Getting hit by stuff is bang out of order, I'd be rightly pissed off.

It must be a bad week for the Disco family, I got accosted by a customer I had dealt with in work about two weeks ago. Was in Tesco, shopping away and this knobend approached me, aggressive body language, tone of voice, etc. Was a bit shaken/surprised by it. Hopefully next week is better for random encounters!! :p

Was in the Showtime cinema last night for Thor 2. Place was deserted. about 8 people at it. Cinema in general was deserted. Last year I went to the cinema halloween it was packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Hey guys, does anyone know if any doctors in the city are open on a Saturday?

Not quite the city but there's an out of hours doctor beside keating's pharmacy in dooradoyle. Just past the crescent and left. There's a PTSB and a kids shoe shop in the same row of shop units. Have used them before and found them good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Generally, Shannondoc cover out of hours for the doctors in the city and county

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Walk in GP place next to the highway is open from 10am to 4pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there any super size imax screen in limerick?? somewhere to watch the movie gravity

God no, the three cinemas we have are empty as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

God no, the three cinemas we have are empty as it is.

they really are...was at odeon last night....10 people in a 8:45 showing.

"Anyone free for Thor tomorrow at 8:00?"

"No! Australia/Canada/Dubai! LOL"

Saw Thor last Thursday at 7pm. About 8 people in the showtime cinema. Scary.

I can't see all three cinemas lasting if this keeps up:(

EDIT: I might also add that €20 for a ticket with medium coke and medium popcorn is fcuking robbery. Obviously doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've to go to the Cinema on Saturday morning with my Niece. I fvcking hate the Cinema, it's prices, the fact it will be a kids movie and full of noisy kids. I think I'm going to be the stereotypical bloke asleep. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I've to go to the Cinema on Saturday morning with my Niece. I fvcking hate the Cinema, it's prices, the fact it will be a kids movie and full of noisy kids. I think I'm going to be the stereotypical bloke asleep. :D

Odeon do a kids club showing in the morning at the weekends for €2 per ticket.

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/kids/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Beer Baron wrote: »

I'd recommend Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 in 3D. Thats a good movie and you'd enjoy it too.

• Advertisement

Not shilling it, I'm just letting people know. The Boardwalk Bistro the new Restaurant at Clohesseys is now officially open https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Boardwalk-Bistro/413837882050814

I tried some of the food while I was in work last weekend, and it was actually really nice! (I'd picked away at some of the finger food and some Chicken teriyaki the chefs were making throughout the night!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement