Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Can anyone recommend a place to get a pedicure done in the city centre? Obviously hygiene is a big issue when it comes to pedicures - so im looking for a place with high standards!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Did somebody here say you could access Curraghchase Park without paying at one stage? By using a different road or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You can indeed!

Go in the normal entrance - then take a right at crossroads and follow the road, take a left when you get to the end of the road and continue on the road keeping left and a few 100 metres you should come to a gate. park up and walk in to the park!

Spotted that on Google earth, looks like it's behind the house. Say you can fit all of 3 cars there before you block the road. May check it out in the morning if not raining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Spotted that on Google earth, looks like it's behind the house. Say you can fit all of 3 cars there before you block the road. May check it out in the morning if not raining.

The pathway from the barrier will take you into the caravan park, after you cross through the park towards the driveway into the site there's a pathway to your right, this brings you down under an arched gateway, leads to lawns around the house.

3 cars parked parked properly should have no problem in the space there.

On your return home, you can head straight down to the N69 rather than turning back towards Curraghchase.

Or keep going straight up the road you're parked on and head for Adare, check Google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone know where i would get starch for my shirt collars in limerick? they are starting to bug me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Tesco normally have Robin spray starch.

Lidl have a spray starch too. As good as any really

I need to get some new soles for a pair of flat boots...its been a long time since i got something like this done. Any rec's for a place to get it done in the city (not the place in Mallow Street....!)

Thanks!

Starch again

Looking for spray on.

Tried
    Aldi
    Dunnes
    Superquinn
    Lidl

and tesco say no

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250992790

anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Starch again

Looking for spray on.

Tried
    Aldi
    Dunnes
    Superquinn
    Lidl

and tesco say no

anyone?

Probably won't have it, but have you tried that knitting shop on foxes bow, seems like the kind of thing they'd have.

Edit: Dealz, I think I saw some in there the last time I was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭adaminho

Starch again

Looking for spray on.

Tried
    Aldi
    Dunnes
    Superquinn
    Lidl

and tesco say no

anyone?

Its sometimes marked as Iron aid rather than spray starch.

will check both suggestions out! cheers

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/war-over-wardens-screwing-motorists-in-limerick-1-5699029

The Leader is having a pop at the new traffic warden regime. I think it was this thread that there was a guarded welcome for them, especially if it sorted out the William st, stop where you feel like issue,
    Anyone notice any improvement (I haven't been driving through town much recently, so haven't noticed). Worse, anyone been unfairly caught?

The article quotes someone who has been caught 4 times, which seems a bit odd.

It's exactly what was needed! There does seem to be more of a presence about the troubled areas, i have seen more wardens than actual guards on the beat on my last few visits to town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/war-over-wardens-screwing-motorists-in-limerick-1-5699029

The Leader is having a pop at the new traffic warden regime. I think it was this thread that there was a guarded welcome for them, especially if it sorted out the William st, stop where you feel like issue,
    Anyone notice any improvement (I haven't been driving through town much recently, so haven't noticed). Worse, anyone been unfairly caught?

I think your man who was going to buy a disc and got ticketed was unfairly treated.

However, most people seem to think they should be able to park anywhere in town and for free. That's never gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

William St is still the wild west....i come thru there on Friday at 3.30 every week and there are always 2 or 3 idiots double parked ....and it causes a huge problem.....the additional traffic lights at William and High St and at Horse & Hound causes traffic to slow anyway (but i think they are ok)...but a warden or two on William St permanently for Friday afternoons would get rid of the inconsiderate double parkers

I think your man who was going to buy a disc and got ticketed was unfairly treated.

However, most people seem to think they should be able to park anywhere in town and for free. That's never gonna happen.

You're right, your man buying the ticket and getting done sounds a bit out of order. Bugs the sh1t out of me the way people stop/park sometimes though. Hopefully they'll keep an eye on William Street a bit more as well.

They have been ALL OVER the Pery Sq/Upper Mallow st. area like a rash! I live there and see them at least twice a day now - before i never saw them. I have seen lots of tickets on cars in the area. I did see a commercial van with a ticket in the loading bay outside the gallery and wondered what that was about... - it was also the van belonging to a local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Parchment wrote: »
    I did see a commercial van with a ticket in the loading bay outside the gallery and wondered what that was about... - it was also the van belonging to a local shop.

They have to be actively loading or unloading goods to park there and can only be there 30 minutes max, can't just leave the van and go, might explain it.

• Advertisement

If they could sort out the illegal parking by Mulgrave Motors or whatever they're called(Mazda) who hog those public parking spaces. I once saw them block in a car who had the audacity to park in the spaces. I've seen the original parking wardens just wander past and not even look at the cars.

Thomas Street is another Blackspot for dumping your car in the lane and wandering off. Can be messy from 3:30pm onwards when traffic really picks up.

"I'm looking at you Gaelscoil Parents" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

There was an aritcale a few weeks ago giving out about cars being clamped in cathedral place while people were visiting a relic in the cathedral.

Where the clamping took there a good few signs re the clamping.

It was a very dark night with really heavy rain, but did people park their cars properly, nope not at all.

Trying to get out the residential area where I park(with a permit) was a night mare. And for some reason, maybe because they were visiting holy relics people seemed to thing they could just abandon their cars where they liked.

On a side not the traffic lights at the junction of Henry st and Shannon st have been out a number of times for an hour or two at time over the last few weeks. We have a good view from work - traffic ran far smoother without the lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

There is very little that tesco roxboro has done right with its car park but it does have special needs parking and parent and child parking . Sitting in my car waiting for my wife I have just seen two , looking healthy , single people parking in the parent and child parking spots and three cars parking in the special needs parking spots where the only special need I saw was an inability to park by one of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mc Love wrote: »
    It's exactly what was needed! There does seem to be more of a presence about the troubled areas, i have seen more wardens than actual guards on the beat on my last few visits to town

Thats because they recently hired an extra 6 wardens.
    With the intention of them raising enough revenue to be a ''profitable'' department.

jonski wrote: »
    There is very little that tesco roxboro has done right with its car park but it does have special needs parking and parent and child parking . Sitting in my car waiting for my wife I have just seen two , looking healthy , single people parking in the parent and child parking spots and thee cars parking in the special needs parking spots where the o ly special need I saw was an inability to park by one of them .

That car park is a desperate place, especially where people park along the yellow lines at the entrance, but the parking in disabled/family spots is not limited to just there, I'm fairly sure I've seen similar things in Coonagh and other car parks. Parking in a disabled spot when you're not entitled to do so is a special kind of low.

That being said, try raising this issue on the Motors thread , you'll be shot down very quickly by "can you see every disability" and "Parent and Child spaces have no legal standing" type arguments :eek:

Tesco roxboro is one of the worst laid out car parks I have ever been in!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Maybe if there was a better garda presence in Limerick city centre it might help to deter undesirables like these.While some people will say it was just a bunch of brats acting like clowns it must have been an awful experience for the person in the wheelchair.That sort of mocking and teasing of a vulnerable person is very cruel.While this could easily have happened anywhere that still doesn't make it okay.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/wheelchair-bound-german-tourist-targeted-for-abuse-in-limerick-1-5715807

Maybe if there was a better garda presence in Limerick city centre it might help to deter undesirables like these.While some people will say it was just a bunch of brats acting like clowns it must have been an awful experience for the person in the wheelchair.That sort of mocking and teasing of a vulnerable person is very cruel.While this could easily have happened anywhere that still doesn't make it okay.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/wheelchair-bound-german-tourist-targeted-for-abuse-in-limerick-1-5715807
    I don't think an increased Garda presence would have helped this. Scum will be scum unfortunately. Fair play to the two lads who intervened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just spotted what looks like a biplane flying overhead.

It just flew over the Ballyclough area and was heading towards the river (possibly Coonagh) and will be passing over (have passed over by the time this post is up :)) Ballincacurra gardens, New street, South circular road etc if it keeps going in the same direction.

Anyone else spot it, or know if there is something on today?

• Advertisement

Never even heard it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement