Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know what happened in Brown Thomas last night?
    There were three fire trucks outside last night at about 7pm.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just spotted what looks like a biplane flying overhead.

It just flew over the Ballyclough area and was heading towards the river (possibly Coonagh) and will be passing over (have passed over by the time this post is up :)) Ballincacurra gardens, New street, South circular road etc if it keeps going in the same direction.

Anyone else spot it, or know if there is something on today?

I saw it a while ago, almost definitely from Coonagh. No idea why, but there was much more activity than normal from Coonagh yesterday as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Was in there this afternoon and it was business as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

could the fire trucks have been checking the water sources on the street, this is usually why they are around the city at that time of the evening

Ya they were outside fennessys pub on Thursday night too checking the underground hydrants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is the bus gone up to the €1.90 from today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Is the bus gone up to the €1.90 from today?

Apparently it has :/

Eurobus gone to 1.60 also.

Anyone picked up Hermitage Greens new album? Have it in the car. Fairly impressed I must say. The even played in our work canteen on Friday morning but I was on evenings so I missed them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Saw them there. They had the emergency lighting placed out on the street to divert traffic as well.

The checking of the hydrants as suggested by Snotaul and Birdie makes sense.

Had someone in the car with me at the time who witnessed Todds burning down and falling as well as the big fires on William street decades ago, so the sight of the three fire engines brought back memories for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I saw it a while ago, almost definitely from Coonagh. No idea why, but there was much more activity than normal from Coonagh yesterday as well.

At least I now know my eyes were not playing tricks on me. :)

• Advertisement

Saw them there. They had the emergency lighting placed out on the street to divert traffic as well.

The checking of the hydrants as suggested by Snotaul and Birdie makes sense.

Had someone in the car with me at the time who witnessed Todds burning down and falling as well as the big fires on William street decades ago, so the sight of the three fire engines brought back memories for her.

I got a shock when they were outside Fennessys. Thought one of my favorite pubs went up in flames :( The pints last night there proved me wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just spotted what looks like a biplane flying overhead.

It just flew over the Ballyclough area and was heading towards the river (possibly Coonagh) and will be passing over (have passed over by the time this post is up :)) Ballincacurra gardens, New street, South circular road etc if it keeps going in the same direction.

Anyone else spot it, or know if there is something on today?

Just saw a Black helicopter in the same area, it looked like it had a camera or box on the front of it and it was flying very low and very slow along what looked to be the motorway as far as the flyover by Old Crescent, then stopped, started ascending turned around and went back the way it came crossing off towards the industrial then towrds the hospital

Very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Anyone know what to do with a flat/used car battery? I have a new one just wanna recycle the old one if possible.

I got a shock when they were outside Fennessys. Thought one of my favorite pubs went up in flames :( The pints last night there proved me wrong :D

Only up the road from me, sadly don't get up there too much anymore, kids and all that! Great spot though.

tim3000 wrote: »
    Anyone know what to do with a flat/used car battery? I have a new one just wanna recycle the old one if possible.

I think the Council recycling centre in Park Road will take an old car battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tim3000 wrote: »

You can take them to Mungret recycling too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone picked up Hermitage Greens new album? Have it in the car. Fairly impressed I must say. The even played in our work canteen on Friday morning but I was on evenings so I missed them :(

Picked it up the day they dropped it into HMV in the Crescent. Great sound quality for a love album. Some great new songs on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I was there watching it, it was nothing just a false alarm.

It was great watching the members of the fire service letting all the little kids into the tricks though and showing them how everything worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Does anyone know the full name for the manger in boots in town? Goes by Tally? Doing up a CV for someone atm so if someone could PM it to be it'd be great :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 curlie-wurliexx

Hi recently moved to Limerick (Corbally) and working in UL campus. Need to buy coal on my way home but don't know anywhere apart from Limerick Fruit Suppliers and they'll be closed when I'm passing. Can anyone suggest somewhere please? Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hi recently moved to Limerick (Corbally) and working in UL campus. Need to buy coal on my way home but don't know anywhere apart from Limerick Fruit Suppliers and they'll be closed when I'm passing. Can anyone suggest somewhere please? Thanks a million :)

I think both petrol stations at Groody roundabout sell coal and possibly the one on Corbally Rd.

Not really sure but I think I've seen the storgae units out front for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭893bet

Take them? they would bite your hand off!!

An old battery is worth money scrap value. I got 80 quid for a few batteries in hegarties/united metals a few years ago. They were heavy batteries now mind you so your battery is prob only worth a 5er but better in your pocket than the fella in the recycling centers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Has anyone seen handmade/real wreaths for sale around the city? - the xmas variety!

Also where could i get my paws on some holly?

Surely you'll get both in the market on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Noticed the Traffic Wardens are not just strolling around anymore. I'm not talking about the new guys either. They now have radios and there's a woman in a City Council Transit Connect Van driving around with a radio alerting them to vehicles that need "attention". :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Noticed the Traffic Wardens are not just strolling around anymore. I'm not talking about the new guys either. They now have radios and there's a woman in a City Council Transit Connect Van driving around with a radio alerting them to vehicles that need "attention". :eek:

That's fantastic!

However does anyone know the cheapest multistorey car park?

The city center one on Thomas st upped their prices and are ridiculous! I parked my car for an hour and 8 minutes today and got charged 4 euro, that's daylight robbery!

Just drove along Parnell st at about 22:30 and up the roches st end were a guy pissing on the path, facing outwards, and a guy nearby dancing with a maniacal grin and looking a bit "methy". Nice.

Locks car doors and floors it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    That's fantastic!

The city center one on Thomas st upped their prices and are ridiculous! I parked my car for an hour and 8 minutes today and got charged 4 euro, that's daylight robbery!

When I'm parking in town for a short duration during the week I normally use on street parking, on weekends I generally use the one that overlooks the Huguenot graveyard off Michael St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

That's fantastic!

The Q-Park down on Mount Kennett was cheap iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That's fantastic!

Cornmarket one (above the Icon) is 1.50 an hour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement