Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did the president offer to put up any unfortunates in the aras for a few nights??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MrLaurel

fryup wrote: »
    did the president offer to put up any unfortunates in the aras for a few nights??

Apparently he took one guy up the Aras for a night. The following morning he asked did "did you have a nice night?". The guy said "no, you made my whole week".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

anywhere in the city/close to the city i could get a lunch bag - the insulated type with a strap...not too expensive. also not with one direction or bob the builder printed on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Parchment wrote: »
    anywhere in the city/close to the city i could get a lunch bag - the insulated type with a strap...not too expensive. also not with one direction or bob the builder printed on it!

Seen these in Tesco in Arthurs Quay not so long ago but couldn't say whether they are still there.

Where could i buy one of the large catering rolls of good quality tin foil? I dont have a cash & carry card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone with good knowledge of coffee machines.

I'm looking at something for a staff unmanned canteen, needs to be reasonably robust, low maintenence and easy to clean.

What would be the running costs per cup - supplies only?

Does it need to be plumbed to running water?j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phog wrote: »
    Anyone with good knowledge of coffee machines.

I'm looking at something for a staff unmanned canteen, needs to be reasonably robust, low maintenence and easy to clean.

What would be the running costs per cup - supplies only?

Does it need to be plumbed to running water?j

Pretty much all your questions would depend on how may people use the canteen on a daily basis.

A small canteen in a business that has 30 or so employees over the course of a working week would not need a coffee machine that was connected to the mains.

A good to high quality domestic coffee maker would do the job.

I have a Nespresso GranMaestria machine in each of my canteens, and while I am sure there are machines out there that provide more cups per capsule and what not, the ones I have have proven to be reliable, easy to work, easy to maintain, easy to keep clean, and they apparantly make fantastic coffee ( I despise the taste of coffee so would be no help on that score).

The Nespresso machines also have features like cup warmers, milk frothers, a large range of flavours, and a pretty excellent back up service.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pretty much all your questions would depend on how may people use the canteen on a daily basis.

A small canteen in a business that has 30 or so employees over the course of a working week would not need a coffee machine that was connected to the mains.

A good to high quality domestic coffee maker would do the job.

I have a Nespresso GranMaestria machine in each of my canteens, and while I am sure there are machines out there that provide more cups per capsule and what not, the ones I have have proven to be reliable, easy to work, easy to maintain, easy to keep clean, and they apparantly make fantastic coffee ( I despise the taste of coffee so would be no help on that score).

The Nespresso machines also have features like cup warmers, milk frothers, a large range of flavours, and a pretty excellent back up service.

Thanks for your feedback.

I thought I mentioned the number of staff :( would be about 30 staff, three or four times a day.

I'd like one that would do Cappuccino, Latte, Expesso,, etc.

Did you purchase locally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you want to get an alternative to a kettle, i recently purchased a super kettle as we drink a lot of tea at home and it has been a revelation

phog wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback.

I thought I mentioned the number of staff :( would be about 30 staff, three or four times a day.

I'd like one that would do Cappuccino, Latte, Expesso,, etc.

Did you purchase locally?

The model I mentioned does different types of coffee. Checked this morning and I have two different models of Nespresso machine. I have the Nespresso GranMaestria in two canteens , and the one that is in the other two canteens is the Nespresso Zenius. The latter is certainly a more cost effective machine, and is as eye catching as the domestic machines we have.

Did not buy locally though, as when I checked a few outlets, I was quoted between €100 and €200 more than it cost me to buy each machine direct from Nespresso. The prices may have changed since so have a look. Another thing I should mention is that the look of the coffee machine was part of why I got them for my canteens, so if aesthetics don't come into it at all for you, then I am sure you could make a big saving as a result.

I also found that buying the capsules/pods direct from Nespresso worked out at nearly three times cheaper than one local source, and Nespresso are also nearly twice as cheap than buying the same capsules on Amazon.co.uk.

Depending on the machine you buy (domestic or commercial) the cost per cup can vary from about 25p per cup to about 5p per cup, but those prices would be tripled or doubled if you buy Nespresso capsules locally or from Amazon.

Another advantage with Nespresso is that they have a three year warranty that comes with a proper customer service department, and if you become part of the Nespresso "club" you can get further deals on the price of capsules etc.

This is the Nespresso Zenius I have in two of the canteens. Those canteens would have about 30 or so people going through them over the course of the week, but rarely, if ever, 30 seperate people on the one day. It is a small machine, which is great if you don't want a lot of space taken up, but is very efficient and durable.

http://www.nespresso.com/pro/uk/en/product/zenius

They do have machines that make two or more cups at once that would cater for higher volumes canteens etc. Why not have a browse through their site. That way you can see if any models interest you, and also compare their prices with any local businesses etc.

Below are the links for their commercial and domestic sites.

http://www.nespresso.com/pro/uk/en/home

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/home

Hope this is of some help to you, and if nothing else it might give you some ideas about different brands or options.

• Advertisement

I want a cup of coffee now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had a coffee in insomnia the other day. Asked them did they change it. They changed to Pallas foods as a supplier. Was a much weaker coffee and far from as dark a roast as expected. That's them off my list so.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The model I mentioned does different types of coffee. Checked this morning and I have two different models of Nespresso machine. I have the Nespresso GranMaestria in two canteens , and the one that is in the other two canteens is the Nespresso Zenius.

Hope this is of some help to you, and if nothing else it might give you some ideas about different brands or options.

Brilliant, thanks for all the info and taking the time to post in such detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's so annoying to see the Thomas Street Centre still completely empty. What a waste! It's an absolutely massive unit with plenty of modern office space available upstairs. It's one of the nicer new buildings in town and all! :mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^

they should put a discount store in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

So, where does a guy go for a haircut in the city these days? I have slightly more hair than average so somewhat wary of barbers, have had too many bad haircuts from em....suggestions welcome!

So, where does a guy go for a haircut in the city these days? I have slightly more hair than average so somewhat wary of barbers, have had too many bad haircuts from em....suggestions welcome!

Went to Goodfellas on Foxes Bow recently, would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Quick question, anyone know where a guy could get swimming lessons? In my 20s and can barely doggy paddle :o

tim3000 wrote: »
    Quick question, anyone know where a guy could get swimming lessons? In my 20s and can barely doggy paddle :o

http://swimlessons.ie/ApplicationForms/Adultapplicationform.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Yo, anyone know where I could pick up an iPhone 5 charger in city for under €25?

Argos and carphone warehouse are both out!

Edit: one that plugs in via USB would be ideal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yo, anyone know where I could pick up an iPhone 5 charger in city for under €25?

Argos and carphone warehouse are both out!

Edit: one that plugs in via USB would be ideal!

The Meteor store used to sell the iphone 4 chargers for €20 so mite be worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

steveon wrote: »
    The Meteor store used to sell the iphone 4 chargers for €20 so mite be worth a shot!

Never even considered the phone stores, cheers.

Will try them at lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Dealz on William St do knock off lightening cables for €1.48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It's only bloody snowing :eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where's nice for a late breakfast on a Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Might be too late for ya, but the old quarter does really nice food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Quick question. What's the name of the new second hand video game/dvd shop in Cruises St? I was in it last week and want to call their no. as to the availability of a game or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

CeX.

Quick question. What's the name of the new second hand video game/dvd shop in Cruises St? I was in it last week and want to call their no. as to the availability of a game or 2.

You can check their stock online

https://ie.webuy.com/

• Advertisement

I am going to count the coins in our change jar.....do all the banks/credit unions charge to accept bags of them now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement