Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Parchment wrote: »
    I am going to count the coins in our change jar.....do all the banks/credit unions charge to accept bags of them now?

No. there are some days of the week where the banks won't accept cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Hi all, I lived in Limerick froom 2000-2006, I've been back a few times as my gran lives there. I drove through the city today and it brought back so many good memories. I think Limerick is a beautiful city with an amazing character. It's been hit hard with the recession. I really hope it bounces back, the place has so much potential and the people there are so nice and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

lufties wrote: »
    Hi all, I lived in Limerick froom 2000-2006, I've been back a few times as my gran lives there. I drove through the city today and it brought back so many good memories. I think Limerick is a beautiful city with an amazing character. It's been hit hard with the recession. I really hope it bounces back, the place has so much potential and the people there are so nice and interesting.

I know what you mean.To be honest i have developed such a fondness for Limerick that i have started to like the place just as much as i like Cork.It's my second home now really.It's just one of those places that grows and grows on you the more you visit.I loved the sight of the green and white flags still flying from the buildings even though it was christmas time!It has the atmosphere of a city with the friendliness of a small town.It has it's issues like other places but it's such an underrated part of Ireland.It's a pity that the powers that be like the city council and Shannon Development have no real ideas as to how to go about marketing the city and helping it realise it's full potential.The city is in a great location with places like Cork Kerry Clare and Galway within driving distance and it has one of the biggest international airports in Ireland right on it's doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Its that time of year....Easter Egg shopping time - where has the best selection/offers around? I think Tesco had 1/2 price offers on many eggs a few weeks ago. I am en equal oppertuntity egg employer/eater so all brands are fine .... except Thornthons - yuck!

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahh thanks for that, but you really should say something nice about the rest of the people that live in Limerick . :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Now so, what's with the Fairgreen petrol station just up from the prison being closed for the last week or so?? The shutters are down and there seem to be Drain-Rod vans outside it nearly every day. Must be something mighty in the drains to need that much attention. I think there might be some notices on the pumps but I hoped I might get the real answer here ... :D
    Only used the place the odd time - their petrol is expensive and I'm only filling a 125 motorbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Limerick Post reported they closed with the loss of 8 jobs. Others state that those 8 people have been offered new positions with the new tenants re-opening it but that's only a rumour I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MrLaurel

Thanks so much for the nice words. They do give a lift to those of us here!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Beer Baron wrote: »
    The Limerick Post reported they closed with the loss of 8 jobs. Others state that those 8 people have been offered new positions with the new tenants re-opening it but that's only a rumour I guess.

It always looked good and busy, and the car wash is still going. Looks like there's activity inside so it may re-open, can't see how a petrol station in that location couldn't do well...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Does anyone know where to get a non skinny pair of jeans anywhere in town? All I want is a relatively baggy pair and have searched everywhere with no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Have you tried the.. toilet store?

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Twice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Debenhams, Tony Connolly's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Really? :o Source for it closing? Wanna give that a read :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Snipe wrote: »
    Really? :o Source for it closing? Wanna give that a read :o

Source. In some other thread here in the Limerick forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Source. In some other thread here in the Limerick forum.

I'm in a lot of threads on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Maybe they are taking the tin foil from the bottle. A quick google tells me that you can "chase the dragon" i.e. using foil to form a surface on which to heat the heroin.

tim3000 wrote: »
    Maybe they are taking the tin foil from the bottle. A quick google tells me that you can "chase the dragon" i.e. using foil to form a surface on which to heat the heroin.

They use animal bars for that.

All my childhood treats....ruined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Will any of the decent bakeries in town sell individual hot cross buns on Friday? Im not crazy about the Dunnes version and too lazy to bake a batch myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

What was that that just flew overhead ? It looked like a four prop plane like a C130 , just flew over Janesboro/Kennedy Park ish and over the town . Very unusual . Well I thought it was very unusual which really counts for nothing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

The records from Mount St Lawrence Cemetery are available online.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Would have expected more talk about Darkness Into Light on the forum. There was a massive turn-out last night. Incredible numbers.

An old friend of mine put this together. Captures the scale and spirit of the event very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hi Lads
    Does any know of any another computer accessories store in Limerick??. Looking for power supply unit for desktop.

Pc world are gone to the dogs they have nothing anymore, argos nearly have more computer stuff than they have.
    Not maplain they are over priced robbers. charging twice the price for stuff that is only half the price on english website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hi Lads
    Does any know of any another computer accessories store in Limerick??. Looking for power supply unit for desktop.

Pc world are gone to the dogs they have nothing anymore, argos nearly have more computer stuff than they have.
    Not maplain they are over priced robbers. charging twice the price for stuff that is only half the price on english website.

There's a PC repair shop on William street down by the corner where the meteor store is... I'd assume they have them in stock!

There's a PC repair shop on William street down by the corner where the meteor store is... I'd assume they have them in stock!

No bud it is only one of those Indian/paki guy phone stores. They didnt know what I was talking about .

One of these is it?

product_238.jpg

No not the lead i have loads of them tnx.one of these
    psu.jpg

Sorry, you're looking for a PSU. Didn't read your post properly.

Try this crowd. They're on the forecourt of the Topaz next to Singland Motors. No idea how good/bad their prices are.

http://limerickcomputers.ie/store/index.php/cPath/63?osCsid=fa95f79eb390d3a067dc532025808f2d

A shame really. Only threw out an old one recently that was in the house. You could have taken it.

• Advertisement

Sorry, you're looking for a PSU. Didn't read your post properly.

Try this crowd. They're on the forecourt of the Topaz next to Singland Motors. No idea how good/bad their prices are.

http://limerickcomputers.ie/store/index.php/cPath/63?osCsid=fa95f79eb390d3a067dc532025808f2d

A shame really. Only threw out an old one recently that was in the house. You could have taken it.
    o ya i forgot about him tnx

i thought i had an old one too but couldnt find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement