Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Mr. G wrote: »
    *Ah hem*

I thought Shannon was in Clare? Not Limerick's yet, ye just got the phone numbers (061)! :)

It might well be in Clare but hopefully Limerick folk are willing to get behind their local airport! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Which one was that?

See map attached with county borders. Shannon Airport, the runway etc is clearly not in Limerick :D

That is an old map. I claimed Shannon airport for Limerick last year.

So the road from Limerick to Galway is now part of Limerick and the connecting road between that road and the airport is Limerick.

Everything else is Clare though. You get to keep Sixmilebridge, Cratloe, Bunratty, Shannon Town and so on.

Just so there is no further confusion, I also have claimed Cork airport along with large parts of Cork city and county, although those areas are now known as Kesstronia.

I have however claimed no part of Tipperary, and am not brave enough to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Kess73 wrote: »

So the road from Limerick to Galway is now part of Limerick and the connecting road between that road and the airport is Limerick.

Everything else is Clare though. You get to keep Sixmilebridge, Cratloe, Bunratty, Shannon Town and so on.

Just so there is no further confusion, I also have claimed Cork airport along with large parts of Cork city and county, although those areas are now known as Kesstronia.

Wise man :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Brave enough ? or stupid enough ? , it's a fine line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clare can have the Radisson back. They seem to believe they're in Limerick in the same way the Karting Centre in Gillogue thinks they are in Corbally.

For the purposes of Revenue and Social Welfare Newport is considered part of Limerick.

I'd take Shannon as part of Limerick now that they have shaken themselves from the Bastille that is the DAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

But there's noplace nice for a weekend away in Kesstonia, I reckon you should invade Ballina and Kilaloe, that opens all of Lough Derg!

source wrote: »
    But there's noplace nice for a weekend away in Kesstonia, I reckon you should invade Ballina and Kilaloe, that opens all of Lough Derg!

Kesstronia.

There are some lovely spots in Kesstronia for a weekend away. Kinsale, Youghal, Union Hall and most of what was formally known as West Cork.

But good point regarding Lough Derg. I do fish there on a regular basis so would make sense if I also claimed the lake and surrounding countryside as part of my Limerick kingdom. The only problem would be claiming the Tipp side of the lake. I have no problem snatching the Clare and Galway sides as they should be easy enough to steal away, but I am wary of the Tipp folk.

Might have to take some of Kerry to ensure that Limerick gets some extra nice spots for weekend away. But that will require some selective conquering as well because I don't want most of North Kerry. Basically draw a line from Killarney across to Dingle and I will take everything below that line.

Actually might go after some more of Galway whilst I am at it. There is a lovely lilt to how the native Irish speakers sound in places like Spiddal, so might as well have that as well. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

LOL!!

Don't understand Kesstronese :pac:. Officially, Shannon Airport is Clare's, not Limerick's. Period.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thomond, Desmond and Ormond shall one day all be mine. I'll replace the statue by the castle with one of myself, too. :P

LOL!!

Don't understand Kesstronese :pac:. Officially, Shannon Airport is Clare's, not Limerick's. Period.

Nope Shannon Airport belongs to Limerick. Does not matter what is said anywhere else.

Keep up the backchat and I will split Clare between the folks of Tipperary and Galway. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Nope Shannon Airport belongs to Limerick. Does not matter what is said anywhere else.

Keep up the backchat and I will split Clare between the folks of Tipperary and Galway. :p

And therefore Thomand Park is part of Galway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

None of ye are tough enough to come to Nowlan Park, though. We had Bob Dylan play first too.

And therefore Thomand Park is part of Galway :D

No problem with that. :P

None of ye are tough enough to come to Nowlan Park, though. We had Bob Dylan play first too.

Ah now, none of us want Kilkenny town so it will remain as it is. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kesstronia.

There are some lovely spots in Kesstronia for a weekend away. Kinsale, Youghal, Union Hall and most of what was formally known as West Cork.

But good point regarding Lough Derg. I do fish there on a regular basis so would make sense if I also claimed the lake and surrounding countryside as part of my Limerick kingdom. The only problem would be claiming the Tipp side of the lake. I have no problem snatching the Clare and Galway sides as they should be easy enough to steal away, but I am wary of the Tipp folk.

Might have to take some of Kerry to ensure that Limerick gets some extra nice spots for weekend away. But that will require some selective conquering as well because I don't want most of North Kerry. Basically draw a line from Killarney across to Dingle and I will take everything below that line.

Actually might go after some more of Galway whilst I am at it. There is a lovely lilt to how the native Irish speakers sound in places like Spiddal, so might as well have that as well. :D

Just watch you don't go enroaching on aul' Snipeville, or you may have a war on your hands.

The "good news tomorrow" thread was closed so now we will never know :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Must have been getting in the way of all those other busy, important threads!

There's no good news, there never is unless it good news the government told us about 2 years ago but they're telling us again tomorrow like its new news.

The Snipe wrote: »
    Just watch you don't go enroaching on aul' Snipeville, or you may have a war on your hands.

BCG is Kess territory and I tolerate you being in it, ya blow in.

jonski wrote: »
    The "good news tomorrow" thread was closed so now we will never know :(

Mod hat on for a moment

Mod Post: Active court cases do not get discussed in this forum, and threads trying to sneak such conversation in under the radar won't last long.

That is why the other poster's thread was closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

What does a mod hat look like?

sioda wrote: »

I always thought it was like a dr Seuss type hat.

sioda wrote: »

I have about ten of them.

They range from porridge bowls to actual cowboy hats. :)

Basically it is anything we can balance on our heads :D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I always thought it was like a dr Seuss type hat.

Nah it is only the CMods that get those.

Mod hat on for a moment

Mod Post: Active court cases do not get discussed in this forum, and threads trying to sneak such conversation in under the radar won't last long.

That is why the other poster's thread was closed.

TBH , I actually had no idea what he was talking about , thought it was either a spoof or something that wasn't going to be significant to the majority . I didn't put it together until you said it there . Age is catching up on me when I need someone else to put two and two together for me .

BCG is Kess territory and I tolerate you being in it, ya blow in.

Blow in? I'd be watching your words there big guy, or I might just start gnawing at your ankles! :pac:

The Snipe wrote: »
    Blow in? I'd be watching your words there big guy, or I might just start gnawing at your ankles! :pac:

You must have gotten a little taller if you can reach ankles now :P

You must have gotten a little taller if you can reach ankles now :P

Nope, just practiced my jumping! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Anyone else notice an increased amount of horses being used to get around the city? Since last week ive seen it twenty times I'd say. And not once for a year before that.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice an increased amount of horses being used to get around the city? Since last week ive seen it twenty times I'd say. And not once for a year before that.

Yep seems to be far more individuals with horses using the roads within the city limits.

Speaking of the lovely folk with horses, I see that when two horses were taken away from Weston a couple of days ago, the lovely folk decided to set a house on fire as part of their temper tantrum, then they threw rocks at the fire brigade that came to put out the fire, and finally the local church, Or Lady Of Lourdes, had paint thrown against it's walls. A church that has seen a lot of damage done to it over the years by people whgo are nothing more than a waste of space.

What was great to see was how many people came out yesterday to clean up the damage done to the church, and they all gave their own time freely. Fantastic to see that there are plenty of good folk willing to help out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement