Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

A lot of lads carrying sticks and canes around the town as well. Seems to be the new thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A lot of lads carrying sticks and canes around the town as well. Seems to be the new thing.

Seemed to be a phase of certain types carrying canes a few years back as well.

Did notice that some of the canes being carried around now have weighted heads that appeared to be similar to being a larger version of a priest used by fisherman.

Saw one gentleman hitting his cane off of a wall (no doubt the wall offended him in some manner :)) and the head of the cane was solid enough to chip plaster from the wall.

Not really the sort of thing that should be tolerated by the gardai if they see such items being carried around in the city.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Seemed to be a phase of certain types carrying canes a few years back as well.

Did notice that some of the canes being carried around now have weighted heads that appeared to be similar to being a larger version of a priest used by fisherman.

Saw one gentleman hitting his cane off of a wall (no doubt the wall offended him in some manner :)) and the head of the cane was solid enough to chip plaster from the wall.

Not really the sort of thing that should be tolerated by the gardai if they see such items being carried around in the city.

Saw another lad taking his invisible dog for a walk on his lovely metal lead. The poor dog was getting flung around the street. The lad was hitting the poor yoke off the wall and everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Alot of the scobes playing golf also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bigpink wrote: »
    Alot of the scobes playing golf also

Apparently a major issue with the contents of their trousers as well because they keep their hands down there now. :confused:

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Apparently a major issue with the contents of their trousers as well because they keep their hands down there now. :confused:

Small things are easy to lose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

notice how chocolate brown the shannon was today??

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

fryup wrote: »

chocolate brown is a nice way to put it! Heavy rain fall up the river last night?

fryup wrote: »

Rotten! Was in the Locke earlier and couldn't help but notice the state of the abbey

• Advertisement

jmch81 wrote: »
    chocolate brown is a nice way to put it! Heavy rain fall up the river last night?

Heavy rain going back a few days further up the country. Was out by Doonass two days in a row. The first day saw the water crystal clear and the second saw it coloured.

Same story above Lough Derg in the past few days.

Saw the river around 11:30am from Sarsfield Bridge and it was horrible looking. When it was coming over the falls by the park it was falling like chocolate. Nasty.

Should market the city as a Willy Wonka themepark whenever the river is brown. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Anyone know anywhere with good deals in town for printing photos? Looking to get approx 200 printed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Pandiani wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere with good deals in town for printing photos? Looking to get approx 200 printed

I think that O'connor cameras on William Street are meant to be quite good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

50 for 5e on a Friday on the street where guineys is.

Does Smyths bar always close on Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Does Smyths bar always close on Mondays?

They're supposed to be 7 days a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Where is the cheapest place to buy cans or bottles of Ritz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

haven't been city centre for a while until yesterday & must say the flowers in Oconnelll st & other areas are a quite nice touch looks much brighter

some things never change though , stopped across from railway station picking up passenger & had a scrote approach me looking for any spare euros,

seemed to be more of a buzz and activity on the streets also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone know a place where they fix cameras apart from Whelans and Newman, cuz they don't do Sony's.
    I had some piece fallen of it, need to be put back in or such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Explain to me how The Cellar Door managed to win the July Tidy Towns award?
    I've passed it a couple of times and all it is two plants outside a door going down to a basement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Just a quick Q Is Sheils Ennis Road only Honda Dealer now in Limerick ?
    I just got a 99 saloon honda civic just for a run around to work & back (due to unfortunate circumstances all i could afford @ moment ).
    Would they charge much for a Spare key ?
    how much would they charge for a Cv Joint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Just a quick Q Is Sheils Ennis Road only Honda Dealer now in Limerick ?
    I just got a 99 saloon honda civic just for a run around to work & back (due to unfortunate circumstances all i could afford @ moment ).
    Would they charge much for a Spare key ?
    how much would they charge for a Cv Joint?

If the key is chipped it'll be pricy no matter where you go, if not just go to a key cutting place and it'll be a few euro.

Main dealers will nearly always be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Question folks, I'm in the process of clearing out the gaff and have a few bags of old clothes, is there anywhere in the city that pays cash for clothes?

Failing that, any charity shops ye would recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Question folks, I'm in the process of clearing out the gaff and have a few bags of old clothes, is there anywhere in the city that pays cash for clothes?

Failing that, any charity shops ye would recommend?

There's a place in Grove Island that do it as far as I know. Its not in the city really but its close enough.

Were is the cheapest place in town for developing photo film?

• Advertisement

Was anyone without power in dooradoyle this morning? Could be back by now. Noticed it was out when I was leaving for work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement