Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Pandiani wrote: »
    There is a ferris wheel in Arthurs Quay park today, any info on a funfair there?

Just had a nose in at lunch time. It's got some kind of halloween name, but it looks like a small funfair. Couldn't see when it's open or prices .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Just had a nose in at lunch time. It's got some kind of halloween name, but it looks like a small funfair. Couldn't see when it's open or prices .

Found this on City of Culture website

http://halloweenspooktacular.ie/

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Pandiani wrote: »
    Found this on City of Culture website

http://halloweenspooktacular.ie/

Very good. Couldn't find anything on the limerick.ie. Might find my way in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

There is this guy on youtube and he has done some great videos about Limerick and other parts of Ireland as well.I thought i'd share this video.It's quite nice that there is such a lovely and peaceful chill out spot within walking distance of the hustle and bustle of the centre of town.

There's some more pretty cool videos here.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrfCPxAm7neSBDE09a-UHFg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

So Irish water failed to install a meter outside my house this week, unfortunately an old car of mine was parked on the location of where it was supposed to be installed. Any idea as to what happens next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So Irish water failed to install a meter outside my house this week, unfortunately an old car of mine was parked on the location of where it was supposed to be installed. Any idea as to what happens next?

As what happened to my neighbour they just kept knocking on the door asking them to move it. Not much they(IW) can do. Can't move it themselves.

Ended up cutting the hole right there anyway and wrecked the car with water/waste/mud etc. Owner was not best pleased. They also leaned their tools and those yellow plate things against his car. I'd have lost my mind.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    As what happened to my neighbour they just kept knocking on the door asking them to move it. Not much they(IW) can do. Can't move it themselves.

Ended up cutting the hole right there anyway and wrecked the car with water/waste/mud etc. Owner was not best pleased. They also leaned their tools and those yellow plate things against his car. I'd have lost my mind.

I'd say that happens a lot around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Well they've left the estate, all meters installed bar mine. They'll hardly be back and I got no notification through the letter box if they are.

Well they've left the estate, all meters installed bar mine. They'll hardly be back and I got no notification through the letter box if they are.

Our estate has meters already before this government was given a mandate. They were installed from 2006 + onwards which was an agreement at EU level. The guy literally opened the cover, twisted out the meter and twisted on their own meter.

Neighbour needed his dug up. Apparently his was too low by 2 inches or something so the bluetooth van couldn't read the meter.

So who bought punches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

So who bought punches?

Supposed to be Steve Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Water metres are supposed to be fitted on public property, if IW find a vehicle obstructing their access to the stopcock, they photograph it, move on and return on another time/date, if the obstruction is still in place they can report it to the gardai for them to ensure that the vehicle is parked legally, if not the gardai can have it removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Supposed to be Steve Collins.

As in Roy Collins' Father?

As in Roy Collins' Father?

Ya so I've been told.

Ya so I've been told.

Really? Thats an interesting turn of events.

Really? Thats an interesting turn of events.

It certainly is...if it is true...I haven't heard anybody else mentioned and I normally would...

If it is him then good luck to him.

It certainly is...if it is true...I haven't heard anybody else mentioned and I normally would...

If it is him then good luck to him.

Best of luck indeed. No disrespect to Steve Collins or his family but I can't see the place attracting many people because of what happened with his previous pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I thought he had left the country with his family ?? Thats why he sold pub in roxboro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

You'd wish him the best but have to wonder as to the wisdom of such a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the story with the regional?? why is there still over crowding in A&E

i thought they opened a new wing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The new wing isn't open yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

about time it was, the amount of elderly on trolleys is dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Is the an post depot on the dock road open today?

Edit: nevermind, only open mon - fri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where can i get a cheap bottle of spray anti freeze in the city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Is the an post depot on the dock road open today?

Edit: nevermind, only open mon - fri

Im sure the last docket I got said Saturday mornings too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Parchment wrote: »
    Where can i get a cheap bottle of spray anti freeze in the city centre?

What is spray antifreeze?
    I've seen freeze spray, and antifreeze for car window washers, and good old antifreeze for your car's rad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Does anyone have a Snow Glow Elsa? I'll fight you for it. Supermacs, 15 minutes

:D

There are loads in trucks on the move right now no doubt. Somebody on Facebook tried to start bidding at €100 for one. She was murdered on facebook and still is being talked about. People petioning Admin to ban her from the page.

If people are patient and keep checking online places like Tescodirect and Argos.co.uk and Amazon they will get one eventually.

It's only a singing doll after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

It's only a singing doll after all.

No, it's not. It's verifiable proof that you love and can provide for your child. Get with the Christmas spirit why dontcha!

• Advertisement

smcgiff wrote: »
    No, it's not. It's verifiable proof that you love and can provide for your child. Get with the Christmas spirit why dontcha!

My missus can never get her head about quality not quantity. She says things like "but we only spent €X.XX on that child, so we can buy more for the other" without remembering that children don't, generally, know the price of things so it's not quantity or the value of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement