Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Beer Baron wrote: »
    My missus can never get her head about quality not quantity. She says things like "but we only spent €X.XX on that child, so we can buy more for the other" without remembering that children don't, generally, know the price of things so it's not quantity or the value of things.

The card board box a toy comes in for an infant. Often equally played with. Case in point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Supposed to be Steve Collins.

I got this wrong, my apologies.

It is a local person alright but not the above, I must have been listening to Paul Williams too much.

I won't name the person who bought Punches Hotel, it's bad enough to be wrong once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Has anyone seen Scots Clan sweets on sale in the large-ish box anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody like a Munster Vs Clermont Category A Seated Heinken Cup/European Championship Cup ticket for the 6th December.(Face Value)

Seat is a few rows behind Media so brilliant seat, just can't go myself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know where to buy magnets in town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know where to buy magnets in town?

Maplin?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

There's an inordinate amount of teenage scum in the City centre today.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

There's an inordinate amount of teenage scum in the City centre today.

Teacher strike, no school!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

anyone know of any unusual or odd clubs/socieities in limerick? Looking to find something completely new

anyone know of any unusual or odd clubs/socieities in limerick? Looking to find something completely new

One of the lads joined a Muay Thai boxing club near Perry Square recently. He did it briefly a few years ago but had to give up because of his studies. Would that interest you?

I think this is it http://eiremuaysiam.blogspot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

One of the lads joined a Muay Thai boxing club near Perry Square recently. He did it briefly a few years ago but had to give up because of his studies. Would that interest you?

I think this is it http://eiremuaysiam.blogspot.ie/

Walked past that monday actually, might be too neqar kashmir kebab so i could be tempted after a bit of boxing to re-fuel lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know what's going on at Rosbrien by the old railway gates? Diggers there every morning and the whole site has been cleared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Anyone know what's going on at Rosbrien by the old railway gates? Diggers there every morning and the whole site has been cleared!

Its work being carried out to update the gas pipeline network happening all over in mungret n drombanna as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Was there a rescue at the river tonight? Saw the chopper earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah apparently , my son lives down by the river and he says they ( the chopper ) are nearly there all the time now :(

Always this time of year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I always get a horrible feeling when I hear that chopper.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/12/06/emergency-operation-at-limerick-bridge-and-river/

I can only assume this is what happened. I hope the man's found safe and well.

roast wrote: »
    I always get a horrible feeling when I hear that chopper.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/12/06/emergency-operation-at-limerick-bridge-and-river/

I can only assume this is what happened. I hope the man's found safe and well.

Awful stuff. Think I heard the chopper out again this morning.

Awful stuff. Think I heard the chopper out again this morning.

You did - heard it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there seems to be some kinda xmas karaoke thingy going on in little cathrine st

anyone know anymore about it??

• Advertisement

It's Carol-oke. It's on at the weekends in Mullany's old shop.

so whats the story you pop in there and sing to the street??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

The 5.15pm Limerick to Galway express bus was stoned by a gang of youths at the junction of Henry Street and Mallow Street right outside the Spar shop this evening.This was a busy city centre street with plenty of people about and they couldn't care about who saw them.They just stoned that bus without a care in the world.The bus was just bombarded with quite large stones or small rocks while it was stuck in traffic.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Brilliant. Garda station about 10 seconds away as well.

I f*#cking hate that ****! It's such a horrible welcome to our city when people might just be passing through!

anyone caught?

they should stone them...give them a taste of their own medicine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

They're kids, even if caught the Gardai can do sweet FA about it. Most of these scrotes know that too.

They're kids, even if caught the Gardai can do sweet FA about it. Most of these scrotes know that too.

Take them aside one by one and give em a few slaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Mc Love wrote: »
    Take them aside one by one and give em a few slaps!

You'd love to but not worth it - you could end up being the one arrested no to mention you don't know what family these kids belong to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

anywhere in the city that would take an old kettle for WEEE recycling? Preferably tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement